BR: loop skips first note

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

listen for yourself. it plays fine the first time through, every other time the kick and the hats are skipped on the first beat. :(

requires drumatic VE and linplug alpha3 for instruments, and optionally mackie tools and otiumfx compadre beatpuncher.

what's odd is that this did not happen until i saved/reopened the edit. the whole time i was rolling it the first time through it was a-ok.

:(

download the archive

please let me know if this works okay for anyone else.

Was not a feature?
Se non é vero, é ben trovato
PC/XP 2CoreIntel T3 OnixSatellite

i havent tried your archive, but the bug was there in t1 and t2

wasnt it supposed to be fixed in t3?

tested with archive. yep, its still there, the first note bug.

This bug has been reported over and over for years. It dates back to pre-Mackie days. Mackie are aware of it and will fix it at some point, but it's not been a particular priority so far. Some of the testers have stated that Tracktion needs a full audio engine rewrite in order to get this fixed, and I saw it said that it would be done for T3. Then it wasn't but Beno repeated they are aware of it. :shrug:

For the record though, no Mackie employee or beta tester ever said that it would be fixed in T3's initial release.

I know it sucks, but I'm sure it will be fixed. Just not soon enough apparently.

Brent
My host is better than your host

koolkeys wrote:For the record though, no Mackie employee or beta tester ever said that it would be fixed in T3's initial release.
That's true, and I hope I didn't give the impression otherwise. I think that quite a while back (maybe a year or more) people speculated about this and it was generally assumed that a fix would be forthcoming. Clearly Mackie have been spending their time adding a pile of fantastic new features for T3. Hopefully as the dust settles and early bugs in T3 are resolved, they will have more time to look into some of these old issues.

Heck, we've lived with it awhile, and can I'm sure be patient for a little longer :wink:.

just for the record. traktion isnt the only host suspectable to this bug. Logic does it every once i na while, Live, Cubase.. you name it.
Neil G (Paper,SOWAT,motion,phobic,left minded,hawt,LA)

www.hawtmusic.com

That is true as well.

Brent
My host is better than your host

I think Mackie should leave it in to remind us all of the impermanence of human life and the imperfection of human nature.

Perhaps, due to this bug, in a generation the "beat without a one" will become the dominant rhythm and musicologists will search in vain for its genesis...

OK last idea: Mackie should add a bug which occasionally refuses to play the second note as well. I know I could do with fewer notes myself...

semiquaver wrote: OK last idea: Mackie should add a bug which occasionally refuses to play the second note as well. I know I could do with fewer notes myself...
..or alternate between missing the first note of a loop and the last note, which could be marketed as some kind of experimental creativity tool.

:hihi: Some good ideas there!

Now there is a MIDI looping ability in Tracktion I expect a lot more people will start noticing this bug though :shrug: so maybe it will be fixed sooner rather than later :)

haha, yeah it's not a big deal i'm used to the bug. it's just a bummer.

orion never misses, dunno about the others mentioned because i wasn't an iterative sequencer kind of player back when i had cubase, and i've never used logic.

flstudio never misses either to my knowledge. and sonar never did this to me.

i hadn't run into the problem until recently and so i was thinking 'oh they fixed it.' ..

@semiquaver; less notes for all.

headquest wrote:
Now there is a MIDI looping ability in Tracktion I expect a lot more people will start noticing this bug though :shrug: so maybe it will be fixed sooner rather than later :)
Unless I'm misunderstanding you, that wont make any difference. The first note bug only affects the note located at the 'in' marker when repeating a loop. Loop-stretched MIDI clips won't be any more susceptible to it than regular clips.

Or are you talking about looped recording? 'cos that'd certainly be a pain in the proverbial.
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!

Return to “Tracktion”