Is this rewire "first note isn't played" glitch still there?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oh man, I just got the newsletter mail and felt a bit emotional after hearing about Tracktion 3. I kinda gave up producing after not finding any solid sequencer.

And tracktion was the answer, but it didn't play the first note. Is this fixed?

Sadly no. I've heard people mention that it would take a major rewrite of the audio engine to fix. Sounds difficult, but it's hard to tell exactly what encompasses the audio engine, so maybe it will eventually happen.

Still happens from time to time ...
A very slight move of the first notes settles the problem but still annoying.

Wait, are you saying the bug still isn't fixed in T3? :shock:

A bug that has been constantly reported from way back in V1 (possibly before) is still there? Mackie must be taking the piss! Even if it would take a rewrite of the audio engine is required, so what? Isn't that exactly the sort of thing that should be done when releasing a whole new version? Now they've gone from V1 to V2 to V3 and still haven't fixed a very well known and documented bug... unbelievable. Are they planning to fix it ever? If this this bug is confirmed (I'm downloading the demo at this minute to test) then Mackie can kiss my upgrade money goodbye and I'll be seriously considering giving away my copy of Tracktion 2.

Yes I know there are workarounds but we shouldn't bloody need them! This is something that should just work. Especially seeing as it's been a known bug for several years now...

It's also a known bug with several other sequencers.

Brent
My host is better than your host

It's not a problem as long as your first note is on your second note.

LBN wrote:It's not a problem as long as your first note is on your second note.
You put your first note in
You put your second note out
You put a delayed note in
But don't quantize it about
You do the hokey pokey
and a bit of scream and shout
That's what it's all about!!!

Sorry couldn't resist, but I have never come to terms with rewire from the start, so just ignore me anyways.
;-)

has the pdc fix for rewire not helped any of you rewire heads out there?

havent dropped a first noe since the 3.0.2 update (but i hardly use rewire if ever)

Subz

3.0.2.6 didn't make any difference as far as dropped note behavior.

On my system, it's reproducible 100% of the time. All I do is open an empty project, add a Rewire filter, launch Reason, load up a Dr. Rex loop (sequenced in Reason), and hit play. The first note is dropped, and so is the first note when you loop from the R marker to the L.

Interesting... wrapping the Rewire filter in a rack seems to fix the dropped note on looping. Can anyone else confirm this with the steps I mentioned in the previous post?

I'm no expert in racks, but I thought I read somewhere if you use a rack it defeats the PDC. If I am wrong, please forgive! :)

Prana

whats the pdc?

If it's true what y'all saying (and I believe it is) then it really majorly totally absolutely sucks a butt's ass!

So, in other words: What chuck death said.

Don't get me wrong: I think Tracktion is the best sequencer out there (bare the MIDI editor) for the money, but this rewire drop note thingie is just too lame and I love my Reason (I know, I know, but there are certain advantages to other studio suites).

pranaearth wrote:I'm no expert in racks, but I thought I read somewhere if you use a rack it defeats the PDC. If I am wrong, please forgive! :)

Prana
Sorry man but you are wrong. Racks have PDC. That's one of the reason I set them up as aux sends rather than the aux sends in tracktion (which don't have pdc).
My band eluvia | FB | Tweets | SC | Me on ABC

Warmonger wrote:Interesting... wrapping the Rewire filter in a rack seems to fix the dropped note on looping. Can anyone else confirm this with the steps I mentioned in the previous post?
Come on, no one wants to try it and see what happens?

I'm interested in workardounds and I haven't got T3 yet. Any news?

Return to “Tracktion”