Honest question about usefulness

Official English support for: maizesoft.cn
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think maizesampler is kind of cool, however, I can't seem to think why anyone would get it if they already have another sampler. For instance, I have Kontakt and I do not know why I would use MaizeSampler except for the one part (which brings me to my next question.

The reason I say that MaizeSampler is kind of cool is because of the ability to export as a VSTi. But then, since I am not going to make a lot of recordings of instruments and most samples are copyrighted, I couldn't distribute my creations anyway; which sort of defeats the purpose of being able to export a VSTi.

I'll have to read the manual if one is included in the demo. Is the CPU load better with MaizeStudio?

(Since I tend to like cool things, I may buy it anyway)

John

The CPU is amazing IMO. It's a bit lighter then Kontakt.

I think this is a good sampler for those who either don't have a sampler, or somebody who wants to see a sampler built from the ground up. It will in NO way right now compete feature-wise with Kontakt. Although it IS the only sampler to allow export.

But for me, the CPU is great, and the developer has been pretty responsive to me so far. I think it will be very interesting to see where it goes.

Brent
My host is better than your host

Exporting to VST is intended for your own sounds - for example, say you make some swooshy swirly Absynth pad that eats your machine for lunch, but you REALLY like it. You can multisample this pad and save the samples as a VSTI - it'll be lower CPU than saving the samples as a Kontakt sample set. Likewise if you find the "ultimate Rhodes piano" that you like better than any sample set you have, and you sample it. You can add a photo of "your Rhodes" to the Gui (although Fender might not be happy with that).

There are also sample vendors that would like something like this. It may be a bit small to replace a Kompakt player on Nostalgia, but it would mean that Sampletekk pianos - for example - wouldn't require you buy a $300 sampler to play their $50 piano.

Doug
Logic is a pretty flower that smells bad - Spock, in "I, Mudd"

For a good time click http://www.belindabedekovic.com/video_fl_en.htm

mmmm.....Im looking for a good sampler that can suitably host the samples Iv made and can make, the way I want.

Iv tried a few out, and nothing for me seems to beat the DS404, esspecialy the DS404 filters. Iv downloaded Maizesoft's sampler and its installed in Tracktion 3, but Iv yet to load some samples into it. I have to transfer them over from the other computer. I might do that now.

I like the direction, so far, whith Maizesoft's sampler in regards to the GUI and exporting VSTi. If Maizsoft's sampler sound quality is more like Vsampler than Kontakt I certaintly would be interested.

I think the inclusion of filters similar to DS404 is more important than Maizsoft's reverb(yet to try it). Because, reverb algorythms? do vary, and its best to add the reverb seperate that suits you outside the Maizsoft's sampler, i.e use another plug for reverb, flanger and chourus. Cause then you would have a wider customer base to draw from.I don't realy think verlocity in a sampler is that important either, best to use automation for those types of things?

Whith a variable low pass filter like DS404, a home made GUI and exported to vst, I could utalize my tb303 samples in Maizsoft's sampler and well as my sh101 too, if it could do a little more in the filter and LFO department......mmmmmmmm...

Cool. Thanks all, exporting to save CPu makes sense, and kind of what I was thinking of doing if the CPU load is good; which you tell me it is. I'll have to look at it some more.

As far as having an included reverb and such, why not throw them in if they are decent; provided you don't have to use them.

And about velocity in a sampler. I believe that corresponds to what sample is played depending on the velocity of the note. For instance, on a piano, pressing lightly will give a different sound than if you play it loud. It is a very good feature to have.

John

Im trying it out now and Im in the progress of loading my own samples in, and the sampler engine sounds nice to me so far. :D

You can covert your SF2 presets to Maizsofts presets, but the their converter does not seem to work. When install the program, besides asking for VSTi folder, it also asks for program folder and nothing seems to be installed there?
jcleaver wrote:And about velocity in a sampler. I believe that corresponds to what sample is played depending on the velocity of the note. For instance, on a piano, pressing lightly will give a different sound than if you play it loud. It is a very good feature to have.

Yes for acoustic instruiments in trying to capture the dynamics of the instruiments. My argument is that you need a lots of samples to make the most of that feature. Its a lot simpler to and less of load just to use the volume automation. May I say, most of the sample libraries Iv seen, may try capture the velocities whith many samples, yet do not sample every note of the instuiment. Most people would not need it, to much of a bother. Its already there anyway.

I have a preference for the electronic hardware synth side and thats why I mentioned the filters. Am Im doing every note too!

I like it so far. If I can finnish loading these samples in I will try and export it to VSTi if I can.

mmmmm....loaded samples into it and its very nice and clear. The sound quality reminds me a little bit of Disco DSP's vertigo - is it it resampling the sound...mmmm....???? The samples were only 44khz/16bit. It can take 24bit samples. I did get a few pops when hitting notes.

The samples load up very easily. The EQ is great. Reverb is nice....not sure...so far...mmmm...but I would likes some filters ands stuff like on DS404. Does not have to be a lot, but a few things.

I had the Cello sound from an old analog Casio MT68, and by just adusting the ASDR it came out as a nice usable string sound....mmmmm.....

I did export it out to VSTi and loaded it up on Tracktion and it worked, but no sound...so.....I don't know so far?

Is worth trying it out. Personaly I would be wanting a little more on the synth side.

all I can say at the moment....mmmmmmmmmmm...

It would be nice if there was a filter and envelope, but that wouldn't stop me from buying it. But then if you added a filter, envelope and two lfo's, then you're into the synth world, well past a rompler.

Doug
Logic is a pretty flower that smells bad - Spock, in "I, Mudd"

For a good time click http://www.belindabedekovic.com/video_fl_en.htm

If anyone has a sfz to sf2 converter, you can sample your VSTi in discoDSP Highlife(it's free!) and export as a sfz, then convert to sf2 and import it to the Maize Sampler. I just don't know of any free sfz converters.

Also, xlutop chainer(not free) can sample VSTi and save as a sf2. So there are a few options for getting your VSTi into this.

Brent

Well for me that main thing is the sampler vst export.

If it weren't for that I wouldn't even think about it.

dw

That's what brought me in as well. Of course, it does have some great features, but nothing unique at this time except for the export feature. But I'm looking forward to seeing what gets added as time goes by.

Brent

Return to “Maizesoft”