Free stereoizer for you all - mono compatible

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Stereoizer PRO

hbasm wrote:
Each to his own! In this case, however, the sole purpose of the plugin is to widen the stereo image - not to add something to the sound. The idea is that a trumpet is still a trumpet, it just takes up more space in the stereo field. This plugin can "almost" do that, unlike a typical chorus effect that is supposed to turn one trumpet into 10 trumpets or a typical echo, which changes the musical meaning of your music (melodies don't always lend themselves to being echoed).

As a sound-engineer I've also found that music, since its made up of complex sound, benefits from sounding simpler, when played through a mono source. In other words, music benefits from less chorus, less reverb, when played in mono. It makes everything clearer and easier for the listener. I use phase-cancellation as a tool to improve the sound. To accomodate people who listen in "mono like" enviroments while giving other people the satisfaction of fat stereo.
But would the affected voice (or whatever) not become quieter when played from the mono source?

ermi wrote:Could you re-name the controls according to their function? (Instead of Stereoizer-Knob, Stereoizer-Slider)
Oops, yes I will do that - probably tomorrow. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Mike-t3 wrote:But would the affected voice (or whatever) not become quieter when played from the mono source?
Only if you drag the MIX fader below middle. When you go beyond 90 degrees the sound will become quieter when played from a mono source. At 180 degrees, it'll be totally gone. That's how I implemented the fader.

You cant say a plug is mono compatible if it negatively affects the sound when played back on a mono system.

I appreciate the plug is free, but for a plug that is mostly likely to be put on a vocal you cant have a plug that will not sound equal on a mono system.. eg a club.

That's true, Mike-t3. On the GUI is written "mono compatible" at the upper part of the MIX fader. On the lower part is written "phase cancellation" so I don't claim its mono compatible all the way down. The green area is safe. The more it turns red, the more you have to be careful.

yammmi! a new version of Stereoizer tomorrow :hyper:
Last edited by adl on Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

This is nice :)

cool ok ;)

hbasm wrote:It works by adding a phase-inverted, slightly delayed, discrete chorus to the dry signal.
You mean like this:

LOL, something like that :D
www.hbasm.com
VST plugin developer

Mambo Zombie wrote:
hbasm wrote:It works by adding a phase-inverted, slightly delayed, discrete chorus to the dry signal.
You mean like this:
This is a very sad sight for all Arsenal fans. :cry:

Now back to to topic...

Okay guys, the stereoizer is updated to version 1.1

New feature: Help button.
New feature: Numerical read-out's on the knobs when you dial them.
New feature: MIX Fader snaps to mid position.
Fixed: Bad parameter names visible to the host.
Plus minor GUI changes.

Please let me know if there are any problems.

Regards,
Hbasm
Last edited by hbasm on Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Great! Thanx mate!!!
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

Cheers! Works good so far...

v1.1 crashes WaveLab6 when moving the LFO knobs.
v1.0 worked fine in WaveLab6.
i7 870, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon Sapphire, RME Multiface,
Win7 Home/64bit, Studio One 3 Professional/64bit, Wavelab8/64bit

Sorry about that, Peter. It would be nice if I could download a demo version of WaveLab6 to track down the bug. It seems however that no demo is available. I can revert the code back to the old knobs. Maybe that will solve the problem.

If the stereoizer crashes for anyone else, using other apps, please let me know.
www.hbasm.com
VST plugin developer

Return to “Effects”