soundfont converter in demo not working

Official English support for: maizesoft.cn
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Hawk,
I am impressed with what I see so far, and downloaded the demo, but the sf2 converter keeps saying "cannot find sf2 converter.exe please reinstall Maize sampler" I downloaded the demo and reinstalled again, but same thing. I checked both times that the sf2 converter.exe file is in the Maize folder, and it is a 28kb file. Any ideas?
Thanks for your help,
LC Seer

Please check out a ini file called maizesampler.ini in Windows folder. Within that file, there should be a line locating the install folder of Maize Sampler.

For example:
[path]
install=d:\audiosoft\vst

Hi CaoXiang,
thanks for the quick reply.

Here is what the .ini folder says:

[device]
asio=0
midi=4
samplerate=44100
autosave=0

that's all there is.

What do you suggest? and if you would like me to insert a destination folder, where and how would you suggest I add this to the ini file?

Thanks again for your help, this is looking like a very promising product!

LC Seer

Looks like the installer did not add the path information, so you need to insert that manually. Just insert the following at the end of the file:

[path]
install=d:\audiosoft\vst

The path is where you install your maize sampler (where the sfconverter.exe). Please note that the path does not end with '\' .

Hi Hawk,
here's what I did, I added the [path] entry as you described, so that the .ini file now appears as below

[device]
asio=0
midi=4
samplerate=44100
autosave=0
[path]
install=C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Vstplugins\MaizeSampler (this is the location of all the Maize files)

I still get the same error message:

"Can not find converter, please reinstall maize sampler"

Any help on your part would be appreciated,

LC Seer

Oh, that's really strange. Then you can try to use the sfconverter.exe directly without GUI. Open the command line and type in the command like this:

sfconverter.exe "E:\Download\ns_piano\NS_Piano.sf2" "E:\Download\ns_piano\\"

the first argument is the path of sf2 file and the second one is the output path(ended with \\).
Note that the quotes are needed.

caoxiang wrote:Oh, that's really strange. Then you can try to use the sfconverter.exe directly without GUI. Open the command line and type in the command like this:

sfconverter.exe "E:\Download\ns_piano\NS_Piano.sf2" "E:\Download\ns_piano\"

the first argument is the path of sf2 file and the second one is the output path(ended with \\).
Note that the quotes are needed.
I have met the same problem, notwithstanding the modification of the .ini file ... and the direct use of sfconverter.exe is not very userfriendly. :(
Could you try to solve this problem? Does it happen only in the demo version or not?
Thanks
Giovanni

Will try two make these two together.

Please try this new exe:
http://www.maizesoft.cn/sf2mss.exe
replace the oringial one and convert it again.

caoxiang wrote:Please try this new exe:
http://www.maizesoft.cn/sf2mss.exe
replace the oringial one and convert it again.
I'm sorry, but it doesn't seem to solve the problem.
Thanks again.
Giovanni

still "Can not find converter, please reinstall maize sampler"?

caoxiang wrote:still "Can not find converter, please reinstall maize sampler"?
Yes, unfortunately :cry:

Could send a mail to cxhawk@gmail.com for helping us fix this bug? I think I can build a special debug version for you to see where is the problem.

caoxiang wrote:Could send a mail to cxhawk@gmail.com for helping us fix this bug? I think I can build a special debug version for you to see where is the problem.
Strangely enough, I am meeting this problem only on my laptop,
whilst on my desktop all is OK. :shock:
This evening I'll try to find the installation differences in the two computers, otherwise I'll write to cxhawk.
Thanks

carpenzano wrote:
caoxiang wrote:Could send a mail to cxhawk@gmail.com for helping us fix this bug? I think I can build a special debug version for you to see where is the problem.
Strangely enough, I am meeting this problem only on my laptop,
whilst on my desktop all is OK. :shock:
This evening I'll try to find the installation differences in the two computers, otherwise I'll write to cxhawk.
Thanks
I am very disappointed with the SoundFont Converter: having paid $88, MaizeSampler is registered in my desKtop and the Converter seems to work as before and puts into the designated folder the .mss file and the relevant "samples" folder, that contains the .wav files; but now when I try to open in MaizeSampler such .mss file I get a "Load Failed" error message. I've tried with different soundfont files, with the same result :cry:
Is it possible that, on my desktop, everything was OK with the demo version and not with the registered one? :shock:
Can you help me, please?
Giovanni

Return to “Maizesoft”