New Zebra Skin - Unempty Dark Horse

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I made an unofficial skin for Zebra 2, just for fun.

Image Image Image Image

Main features:
  • I tried to keep the mood and feel of the original skin, since it's very much the identity of Zebra.
  • Brighter tabs for pages.
  • Different color for modulation knobs for easier distinction.
  • Highlighted Save button.
  • Color and easier visual distinction between modules.
  • Color-"coded" XY pads, also in the assignment page.
  • Higher contrast module grid.
  • Subtle highlight of "most significant control/parameter" on modules.
  • A somewhat "sharper" overall look rather than the rounded, thick-emboss, organic standard skin.
Download it here

There's a readme in the archive explaining how to install, but in short - unpack it and copy the files into Zebra's 'Data' folder, found in the main install folder.

Cheers,
-d
Last edited by dln on Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Excellent! Really nice job on that... :tu:

Looks very nice, thank you !

Peter.
My band : The Black Tartan Clan (celtic punkrock)

Great! You already got the new Zebra2.txt (with larger module preset browser and Portamento renamed)

Good work!

I have btw. pretty much worked out a way to switch between skins (and have skin saved with song). I think it's gonna be possible in a couple of weeks...

Great skin ! Thanks :) :)

Urs wrote: I have btw. pretty much worked out a way to switch between skins (and have skin saved with song). I think it's gonna be possible in a couple of weeks...
save with song sounds interesting 8)

Subz

ok, i'm having holiday and i can't install and try the new skin but: the concept of giving different colors to the different modules is great, it makes the whole GUI instantly readable. awesome!

djsubject wrote:
Urs wrote: I have btw. pretty much worked out a way to switch between skins (and have skin saved with song). I think it's gonna be possible in a couple of weeks...
save with song sounds interesting 8)
Well, it would just remember which skin you had chosen for the instance. But if the skin isn't installed, it would just revert to default...

;) Urs

Great job !

I bet this will inspire people to come up with more colorful patches ;)

Its a VERY nice alternative to the default skin, also like that you considered to skin modules with small logos.

Gonna give it a go when i have installed lastest beta.

/Michael
www.xsynth.com - Sound Synthesis with Vintage flavour

Cool. I'm not crazy about the different labels on the modules but i must admit that the FM logo and noise label was a nice touch. Good one.

Actually... this is very inspiring...

To tell you the truth, the whole translucency stuff above Zebra-background has only been there because my gui framework does alphablending. I might indeed come up with something new myself...

Later,

;) Urs

jupiter8 wrote:Cool. I'm not crazy about the different labels on the modules but i must admit that the FM logo and noise label was a nice touch. Good one.
Hey, have you tested your waveform exporter with the new beta?

http://www.u-he.com/Zebra22b4Win.zip

Urs wrote:
jupiter8 wrote:Cool. I'm not crazy about the different labels on the modules but i must admit that the FM logo and noise label was a nice touch. Good one.

No i have'nt. I was going to but kinda forgot about it. I downloaded the latest beta but have'nt installed it yet for a number of reason that's not important to anyone but myself. :D Mostly silly stuff.

I was kinda hesitant of releasing it as it would crash Zebra if you did'nt have the latest version though it is a good idea to see if the latest update fixes the previous problems. I'll get on it.

dln wrote:I made an unofficial skin for Zebra 2, just for fun.
thanks :tu: It's already become my "standard" skin for Z2 (beta). The Perform page could do with a bit of tweaking, but otherwise fantastic work, DLN (Dave, Dan, Doug..?)!

Urs wrote:

Ok,just did a quick check and it seems to work fine. All 16 waves worked as expected. Need to do some more checking before i release it.

BTW i found out you could do the morphing stuff in Z2. :tu: I had no idea when i started this project. Nice touch.
EDIT: I find new stuff all the time. Been meaning to do a video tutorial on the oscillators but as i constantly find new features to explore that has'nt happened yet. :D

Return to “u-he”