The KVR Guitar Players Thread - links to great guitar posts

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

JohnnyMcFly wrote:Fretted that looks very interesting...I have been working with Triggering Midi through audio for a while, about a month or so, off and on, so I salute you, I know how difficult this is..I have not checked these out yet but will soon..
Thanks,
KM
Hello Johnny

Hope you enjoy them? been working on these since about 2002 when I started this in SyncModular (still love that app) not perfect but not too sure it will ever be perfect? You still need to learn to play them like any other instrument. Not too fond of MIDI for audio tracking myself but along with the low latency of the internal synth MIDI can be real useful for its polyphonic release and some of the great VSTi's out there.

Peace
Fretted Synth

edit: BTW cool stuff you build also, Thanks

Thanks Frett...
KM

Wow, how did I miss this thread (o.k., so I ignore all *stickies* in the forums ha-ha) when I've been doing my PodFarm/Gearbox preset give aways ?! :? My bad. So I figure this is at least 51% on topic, even though I'm gonna save any KvR guitar players who read this the trouble of dealing with my one-a-day give away threads.

If you have Line 6 PodFarm or Gearbox software, and would like the 'Best Of' Tone Sets promotional patch collection, just pm me with your email address (and of course mention what it is you are after, since I do loop sample give aways quite often too, and can in fact get confused ha-ha) and I'll shoot you out 192 patches, 32 from each of the 6 Tone Sets. :)

I have the POD XT Pro and all patches, I also own the Roalnd VG-99 for triggering the soft synths i purchase. I generally examine how the guitar does on triggering of sounds as opposed to keys. Using the USB connection i can trigger VSTs in DAW or just use VG99 or both or midi VSTis. So it goes without saying, there are way too many choices taking this route.

I read some of these posts, but not all. I really like the VGA Studio Devil that came with Sonar HS 7 XL. It sounds good in EXT 2.5. The Guitar Amp in XT isn't bad, either. The Simulanalog Univibe sounds awesome. Also, Sinusweb's Multilens is a great effect - I can do the Hendrix reverse-delay effect with it.
"The Law speaks too softly to be heard amid the din of arms." -- Gaius Marius {Roman consul,soldier}

Here's my spec for a new acoustic guitar plugin which I'm shamelessly publicising.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... c&start=15

Check near the bottom of the page, and see if it isn't exactly what you need for your acoustic guitar recording needs.
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Does anyone know of any usable pitch-tracking (non-MIDI) oscillators that will for a bass guitar on OSX?

Damn jufros, sorry, we have built one for PC VST Called GhettoBass, but not for mac sorry..
KM

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear. I'm not looking for a bass guitar emulator but rather something along the lines of the FrettedSynth plugins in either OSX AU or VST format.

OH I see, sorry..
KM

This thread never really got off the ground like it was supposed to....this sticky thread was a compromise to having a separate guitar forum on KVR and we were supposed to post links to all the ongoing guitar threads on KVR here, regardless of forum category, so you could just check here to find all the latest guitar links.

So, for example:

Favorite amp sim and why
RevolutionZ Guitar Head Amp
Your next guitar?
Best amp sim for midrange "bluesy" long sustain w/o distortion?
Mokafix Audio Distortions (12 + 2 freeware)

-

cab sim development (was cabinet vs reverb convolution, thanks bpblog!) - it seems to me this is the biggest frontier left in amp simulation and there is still a lot of development left to be done. I think the missing great amp "feel" will come from improved dynamic cab simulation - let's discuss...

I agree - so far the amp sims have improved more and more - the lack of "feel" has more to do with the cabs now I believe... Theres still something about a speaker "breathing" that's hard to nail down. I think Amp Sims can pretty well emulate real amps (at least SS ones) but the cabs are the key here.
Now the proud owner of an avid 11 Rack, Running Pro Tools 10.3.3 - for me it's heaven!

Return to “Guitars”