New multiple tracks spectrum analyzer released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There are two issues with such demos: first it exposes us to hacking, that's right. But worse, it means that you have a limited time to try the product. I can see many people here and there complaining (and I am often in the same situation) because the demo has ended and they finally did not find the time to actually try the product. You may download and install a lot of stuff just to see how it looks and you may want to come back some time later to actually try the functionalities. I guess it's more a matter of personal taste...

Yeah, that's true. It's depressing if you didn't get the chance the first time, that's happened to me many times, and I have to contact the developer, buy it, or forget about it. A stark choice. I'm a bigger fan of the 30-day demo, because that is an adequate time to use it, forget about it, rediscover it and still have time to give it a good workout. And by then, you've used it in several mixes and grown very attached to it, so you HAVE to buy it by the time it's done!

This just happened to me with FabFilter Pro-C; I used it in every mix and couldn't live without it. A $200 sale becuase I could use it unrestricted. This is happening again with KeyToSound's EQ's: they're fully functional 30-day trials, and I will buy these at the end of the day, because I used them on everything since then, with no multiple hisses or dropouts putting a bad taste in my mouth. At the end, I'll pay whatever they demand (don't tell botkiller! :lol: )

They did, however, have a nagscreen every time you open the plugin, which I got used to, so I can deal with that. Maybe just a shorter or synchronized dropout, because the randomness is what was really driving me nuts and impairing my judgement.

Cool..... some competition for Voxengo GlissEq that offers multi track Eq curves as well.

GlissEq offers that?

bduffy I think Borrel must have meant SPAN..

Blue Cat, I have to agree with bduffy in this particular case. Working with multiple FMA instances makes random dropouts irriatating if not impossible when gauging precise levels (especially on longer passages). I'd also rather a 30day demo/time trial instead. Can't you just make the time limit 'per use' instead of 'amount of days'. Maybe 20-30 non crippled trys then disable? It's strange because the demo limitation does not ruin the expereience in any other plugin than this one :shrug:..

L

All right then, we'll try to come up with a better compromise for the demo! Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks, Blue Cat. You're awesome! (mind you, we're only two guys...)

No prbs! :tu:.. Just something to consider.

L

Lagrange wrote:bduffy I think Borrel must have meant SPAN..
No, GlissEQ does do that. Even so, this is a great little mixing tool, and I want it.

And yeah, the dropouts did bug me a bit. For a good while I was struggling just to be sure I was using it correctly because it seemed when I switched plugins one band stopped working.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

The demo that is now online has a shorter bypass time, which should make it easier to test. It's now closer to our other plugins demo versions (5 secs bypass every 40 secs). Maybe we will make other modifications later on, this is a quick "fix" to make you happier :).

BTW just install the new demo over the old one. No need to uninstall first.

Thanks, BC: You're a king. :D

Customer is king :)

morelia wrote:...the dropouts did bug me a bit. For a good while I was struggling just to be sure I was using it correctly because it seemed when I switched plugins one band stopped working.
EXACTLY THE SAME THING HERE!! I will try the new 5 every 40 and see if it makes a difference..

L

At least it can't be worse... Have fun! :)

bduffy wrote:GlissEq offers that?
yes it does...check it out. Works great !

The Bluecat looks great as well ! Very usefull tools to see where the energy is in a mix.

Return to “Effects”