what happened to 'broken drum machine'? More MP3s

Official support for: nusofting.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

blortblort wrote:I dig the mismatch knobs idea as well 8)

@ MarsHottentot- that's a great sig :tu: :lol:
Thanks, I did it so long ago I read it a few months back and was thinking "I wrote that?"

RE: BDM: Being that I own a bunch of half destroyed equipment, the 'replacement knob' is just a common reality!

If BDM will have real time applications, I have to second the 'dirty fader' crackle. I like that a lot.

Ultimately, I think you should implement the 'easy' stuff and get a version out there, then see what worked, what didn't, and build on that model for a BDM II. Just my opinion.
Vst's are the glue for my musical monster model. Nuendo is my huff bag.
http://www.myspace.com/thetechnicoloreds
Organs, lots of organs:
http://organpron.wordpress.com/

I wish I knew more about the voodoo that is circuit-bending. Maybe then, I could speak more intelligently about what I'd like to see incorporated into BDM, but I'll try:
ya know how when you hear bent stuff and it has almost a randomized pitching going on? i dont' know know exactly how to describe it, expect it almost sounds as if there a lot of rectification and sideband distortions going on. Mostly I hear this sort of distortion when the bent device is sample based. surely it's some sort of weird mathematics that is screwing with playback and/or bit rates... anywhoooo... I'm starting to make less sense so I'll let someone else talk now :P :oops:

(but I *would* like to see this kind of circuit bent behaviour incorporated...that and BDM needs to double as a frozen yogurt maker :hihi: )

Ultimately, I think you should implement the 'easy' stuff and get a version out there, then see what worked, what didn't, and build on that model for a BDM II. Just my opinion.
good idea,

the plugin will be released shortly, I just need few betatesters available for next week, best if they can also make presets

blortblort wrote:I wish I knew more about the voodoo that is circuit-bending. Maybe then, I could speak more intelligently about what I'd like to see incorporated into BDM, but I'll try:
ya know how when you hear bent stuff and it has almost a randomized pitching going on? i dont' know know exactly how to describe it, expect it almost sounds as if there a lot of rectification and sideband distortions going on. Mostly I hear this sort of distortion when the bent device is sample based. surely it's some sort of weird mathematics that is screwing with playback and/or bit rates... anywhoooo... I'm starting to make less sense so I'll let someone else talk now :P :oops:

(but I *would* like to see this kind of circuit bent behaviour incorporated...that and BDM needs to double as a frozen yogurt maker :hihi: )

already I made some kind of that (not the yogurt, <grin>),
the funny pitch modulation of circuit bent drum machine, even though BDM sound is different so far since I'm doing that on the VCO but today or tomorrw I'll add the samples as well, 3 PCMs per voice with these controls per PCM voice : Chaos amount (Bit Reduction and Reverse Chance) and max Bit Reduction.

BTW updated this

It gets more exciting with every idea and feature posted. :hyper:

AHH! I wish my week weren't so crammed!!
Organs, lots of organs:

Sorry if I missed this elsewhere, but is this going to be released for Windows first, then ported to OSX? I didn't see a beta for OSX, unless I read too fast...
Also noticed Modelonia on the NuSofting home page - coming soon for OSX - very nice!

Hi,

I will reply to the betatesting PMs later, right now I'm doing the PCM players,

no beta for Mac sorry, but we'll have the Mac version as soon as the release is ready

these should be the sensitive parameters for BDM first release

Chaos: this parameter controls various "noise" modulations in each oscillator.
Moreover the modulation are customized for each VCO, meaning that you will obtain different effects for BD, SD, HH or CP.

Chance: this is the probability amount for each "chaos" generator, when "Chance" is set to maximum the Chaos will affect every note played.

PCM Chaos : this parameter includes a probability setting by his internal value and affects only the 4 PCM voices randomly changing pitch and reverse playing of the samples.

Master Chaos: : this parameter is a macro controller and can be used
to adjust the relative amount of all the other "Chaos" controls.

PCM bit Chance : this is the probability amount for each PCM sound to have bit resolution reduced on each note played. The depth of bit resolution is adjusted by "PCM bit Min".

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! That sounds... I WANT IT!!
Organs, lots of organs:

liqih wrote:these should be the sensitive parameters for BDM first release

Chaos: this parameter controls various "noise" modulations in each oscillator.
Moreover the modulation are customized for each VCO, meaning that you will obtain different effects for BD, SD, HH or CP.

Chance: this is the probability amount for each "chaos" generator, when "Chance" is set to maximum the Chaos will affect every note played.

PCM Chaos : this parameter includes a probability setting by his internal value and affects only the 4 PCM voices randomly changing pitch and reverse playing of the samples.

Master Chaos: : this parameter is a macro controller and can be used
to adjust the relative amount of all the other "Chaos" controls.

PCM bit Chance : this is the probability amount for each PCM sound to have bit resolution reduced on each note played. The depth of bit resolution is adjusted by "PCM bit Min".
Awesome!

very nice, liqih! sounds like it'll be fun!

any news? :oops:

fabi wrote:any news? :oops:
This morning I worked on SaxLab 2 new features, this afternoon I released a new PS-1 beta for Pro Sounds which should be 99% ready for release, and this evening I'm making the reverse PCM playback in BDM, <grin>

But I promise (to me also) that after this crazy overlaping I'll really try to have only one project at time.

Next week we'll start the BDM betatesting, stay tuned

whoa this threads come a long way ;)

can't wait to try bdm out :D

Return to “NUSofting”