3am - equal and opposite (it might qualify as music)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So you ask... How badly does justin want to BE Polyslax?

This badly...

equal and opposite

I haven't posted in a while, I figured it was time. :) It's kinda related to "salt19" if you remember that one; similar feeling, not as long but still kinda long. Some of the piano parts were generated by xoxos' Populous. It's a neat little contraption, the manual demystifies the (comically) cryptic GUI quite nicely.

E. Piano = Populous + Loung Lizard + FF Timeless
Piano = Populous + Akostik Piano + FF Timeless
Scratchy Noise = ADM + Ohmicide + Ohmboys + Replicant
Drums = Dusted William's Funky ass drum loops (well, one drum loop) + Live Drum Rack
Bass = DSI Evolver
Pad = V-Synth
Weird Breathing = Krishna

Have fun!
3am

justin3am wrote:So you ask... How badly does justin want to BE Polyslax?
Don't be a poseur. Check your VS pm box instead.

:party:

:hihi:
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

Sickle wrote:
justin3am wrote:So you ask... How badly does justin want to BE Polyslax?
Don't be a poseur. Check your VS pm box instead.

:party:

:hihi:
:hihi: Yeah, your right. The only thing left for me to do is to kill him, skin him and wear his skin as a suit so that I'm no longer posing... I will actually be Polyslax!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x81F28kP ... re=related

"Would you f**k me?
...I'd f**k me. I'd f**k me so hard."

That's better.

Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

:-o
:wink:

That's just beautiful Justin... I can't help loving it, I really do like this style, but you've got nothing to learn from me, that's for sure.

I think I'll just bury myself in this for a while... thanks!
Image Image

:o a great track indeed
Every element work nicely to create the atmosphere.

Cheers
Last edited by Laguna Rising on Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wow, I haven't heard the song yet but I like the Manson solo by Sickle.

definitely polyslaxian. and yet justinian. like it. opium den groove. honkey tonk psychedelic 88.

Great track, Justin. So relatively subtle and chilly throughout. But it really warms up. I definitely hear the Poly influence, but I agree with Rachmiel, too. Still retains your character. The second half is really very pretty.

Yeah, what they said. :) Nice one... for some reason it reminds me of waking from a deep sleep with music playing- those first odd moments before you're truly conscious.
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

Nice one Justin, a very dark and slow and gentle vibe. I really enjoy. Its nice because everything is so big. and I am loving the verb on the drums, I think it came out perfect in this mix. I think the disharmonic tones really express a sense of surrealism in music. Its almost like a painting from Dali or Tanguy or Miro. I feel slightly reminded of Glass actually.

Yes, I think. Actually have you listened to Glass. This piece is totally early Phil Glass.

Good work Justin, very imaginative.

Cheers Buddy

TTyL
J

Thanks guys! I wanted to do more with this but I came back to it after not listening for a few days and decided that it's fine as is.

I'm glad y'all enjoyed it :)

may not qualify as music (...if you say so :P )but that's moreless the soundtrack to my dreams.
BTW- super kudos on aftertouchy FF Timeless (AT + mod delay time in tape mode = :love: ) AND the scratchy noises you got from your mighty tasty ADM chain there, Justin. Wicked drum rack abuse too!
very nice indeed. and yes: it IS fine as is, Sir!
one more for the ever growing 3am folder :D

Very nice Justin. There's lots going on which makes 10 mins seem like a short track.
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Sounds a LOT more polyslaxian than my ode to our friend.

Return to “Music Cafe”