New version of farbrausch V2!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://djtbmx.soulbreakers.com/junkpile ... rausch.mp3
Grabbed one of my unfinished MIDI WIP compositions and threw it in farbrausch...kinda. Below is the files used in the project. (bank is only an edit of factory, and there seems to be an issue on cutting out with the v2m recording)

http://djtbmx.soulbreakers.com/junkpile ... rausch.zip

Pitch bend didn't work for me. :\

Would be great if there was a choice of two different GUI sizes,like there is with Cobalt :)

brok landers,

KB is the guy who programmed it, the rest of us farbrausch musicians gave their input since it's mainly designed for our productions and in second place became a public VSTi. That should also explain the shortcomings in terms of UI, preset handling etc. According to the coders, demoscene musicians have to suffer ;) Eventho KB is musician himself, hm...

Danger,

ah i thought you were using the multitimbral version and its multitimbrality. Hm, you're using Sonar, right? I guess i'll take a look at it and see if i have the same issues.
aka rktic. demoscener (Farbrausch, Holon, MFX, Still), sound designer, ux-dude, sth @AudioRealism, human synthesizer—not necessarily in that order.

gui shortcomings?

I actually like it, quite functional and quick, esp. with grymjacks color-set that doesn't burn your eyes.

MaliceX wrote:http://djtbmx.soulbreakers.com/junkpile ... rausch.mp3
Grabbed one of my unfinished MIDI WIP compositions and threw it in farbrausch...kinda. Below is the files used in the project. (bank is only an edit of factory, and there seems to be an issue on cutting out with the v2m recording)

http://djtbmx.soulbreakers.com/junkpile ... rausch.zip

Pitch bend didn't work for me. :\
Good work! There's a huge demand of musicians capable of making something useful with V2, i'm sure music on this level of quality would find its way into a sceneproduction. Please keep me updated with your work!

mauseoleum wrote:gui shortcomings?

I actually like it, quite functional and quick, esp. with grymjacks color-set that doesn't burn your eyes.
In terms of layout i mean.
aka rktic. demoscener (Farbrausch, Holon, MFX, Still), sound designer, ux-dude, sth @AudioRealism, human synthesizer—not necessarily in that order.

If the parameters were two columns wide rather than one, it'd be pretty damned good, in my opinion. Especially for a freebie that works so well!
It's mostly just an upgraded 'GUI-less' plugin in that everything's a slider, but having seen what some people call a GUI, I'm alright with that :D

Mighty Pea wrote:If the parameters were two columns wide rather than one, it'd be pretty damned good, in my opinion. Especially for a freebie that works so well!
It's mostly just an upgraded 'GUI-less' plugin in that everything's a slider, but having seen what some people call a GUI, I'm alright with that :D
How would you get about using the speech synthesizer on a GUI-less plugin? :P

Ronny Pries wrote:Danger,

ah i thought you were using the multitimbral version and its multitimbrality. Hm, you're using Sonar, right? I guess i'll take a look at it and see if i have the same issues.
Yes, I am using the the multitimbral version -- at least, I'm trying to, if I could get it working. The single-timbral version works fine using the exact same MIDI tracks & patch change events, but since I intend to export my song as .v2m files, I need to be using the multitimbral version of V2 (right?).

danger wrote:
Ronny Pries wrote:Danger,

Yes, I am using the the multitimbral version -- at least, I'm trying to, if I could get it working. The single-timbral version works fine using the exact same MIDI tracks & patch change events, but since I intend to export my song as .v2m files, I need to be using the multitimbral version of V2 (right?).
Make sure the Patch changes for each channel are sending MIDI Program Change, and not interfacing directly with the VSTi's patch list. (ie: How would you go about changing instruments if you were working with SONAR for only MIDI output?]/b])

MaliceX wrote:How would you get about using the speech synthesizer on a GUI-less plugin? :P
You mis-read me.
I said it was basically a GUI-less plugin (as in, the host provides the GUI) in that it has sliders for everything, but then slightly better.

MaliceX wrote:Make sure the Patch changes for each channel are sending MIDI Program Change, and not interfacing directly with the VSTi's patch list. (ie: How would you go about changing instruments if you were working with SONAR for only MIDI output?]/b])

Please forgive this poor insufferable n00b, but my limited experience so far has been entirely with single-timbral VSTis that are configured entirely within their GUI, so this would actually be the first time I've had to deal with MIDI program change events. As such, I'm inserting the program change events the only way I know how: Selecting a MIDI track, moving the cursor to the appropriate beat/measure, and using SONAR's "Insert" -> "Bank/Patch Change..." menu item. This brings up a dialog with three pull-down menus:

- Bank Select Method (options are "Normal*", "Controller 0", "Controller 32", and "Patch 100..."). I'm leaving this on "Normal*", the default value.
- Bank (options are "--" and "0-bank 0"). I've tried both options here, and it seems to make no difference, but right now it's on "0-bank 0".
- Patch (options are 0-127, listing all of V2's presets). I select anything besides "00 KY_Rhodes", the default patch.

This inserts a little box in my MIDI track that reads "pXX", where XX is the patch number I selected.

Have I missed anything? Is that not how you send MIDI program change events?

(Thanks to everyone for their patience)

whoa this one must admit, i really thought it wouldnt have been further updated...blast from the past..
thx to the devs
Peace
Dubadelica - Electronic music since 1996 http://www.dubadelica.com/about.php
Radio Rebelde - Modern roots reggae with an electronic twist https://radiorebeldereggae.bandcamp.com/

It looks like my problems were due to an incompatibility between V2 and Sonar 5. I tried the same track in a trial version of Sonar 7, and everything worked perfectly.

This synth sounds pretty great IMO :). I am pleasantly surprised, aliasing or not ;).

Big BIG thanks Farbrausch!

Thanks Grymmjack for the nice colour scheme. I made one for myself immediately after seeing the default eyes-burning scheme, but yours look even better ;). Now I wonder, how to make it load as the default colour scheme... anybody knows?

Great pity is that it's a bit unstable... it always crashes on me after some time and I'm not sure what's the problem. This baby craves for some debugging love, because it really is worth it big time. The program change "feature" in multitimbral version is not very user friendly, and it would be much better and logical if we had multiple outputs along with multitimbrality, so I don't see any reasons to use it as it is right now, but it would be great if it had multiple outputs and if program change worked as expected.

Having a Farbrausch which really works like 8x [or 16] single Farbrausch would be, well, amazing, though. :) I really dig multitimbral synths and I'm not sure why there aren't more of those. I mean one synth, 8 sounds, 8 outputs [or 16 even better ;)]... one GUI, low memory footprint, just wow! Isn't that easy to implement in every VSTi? Just place a 1-8 selector somewhere and there you go :) - 8 instances in one. Outputs and MIDI channel for the instances can be hard-coded. I think multitimbrality is great because I often find myself using little sounds or FX here and there, and you have to fiddle either with program changes or you have to load another instance of the VSTi, so you finish up with a lot of instances of the same VSTi which eat memory like mad [not in rare cases when developer implemented shared memory feature], that sucks...

Cheers!
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

anyone know what the conv2m.exe is for? i can't see anything in the readme.

the speech synth is genius,many thanks!

Return to “Instruments”