3am - implicit order (post rock/gtrs n' stuff... yes really)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I left some room in the high mids for vocals... Hopefully someone will make this theirs. :hihi:

implicit order

I did this like two weeks ago. I finally finished the drum parts and mixed it a little better.

Let me know what you think, I'm new to this whole stringed instrument thing. :)

:cry:

thats sooo freeken awesome OMG

the begining was like 'uh where am i'
and then somthing snuck in an started like walken next to me like ..
then i said ohh yea now i see you..
then it was like smilen and all that ..it was nice and i was diggin it..
then it got like it went around the room and did it again just like when i came in..

u feel me?

Great work with the guitar, really like it. The clicky sounds in the percussion is a bit too much for me, taking attention away from the instruments.
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Cool track. Moody music you can sway along to. Also shows that not all post rock type tracks have to weigh in at 15 minutes plus :-)

I didn't mind the "clicky sounds" (mind you I was kinda expecting it) and the only thing I didn't really like was the effect at 1:42 as it seemed a bit abrupt in relation to the rest of the track :shrug:

Glad you didn't make this one so clean, some nice feedback and distortion in there :tu:
其余的是噪音

Nice heavy jam. I love the feedback work. A very enjoyable listen. Your guitar work is going to make you a stronger musical threat, huh? :)

I tried singing on this many times, but my vocal range just wasn't high enough for what I thought belonged on top of it (though I wish it was). I should have referred you to Vim immediately. His voice would be choice for this.

Thanks guys!

About the clicks, I know what you mean now that I've listened at low levels it can be distracting. What I find strange is the louder I listen, the more those clicks disappear. :shrug:

Regarding the tape-echo feedback @ 1:45, it's Guitar Rig 3's RE-201 model. It's pretty sterile without any post processing. I guess I need to make it blend a little better. :)

The feedbacky-distortion parts are actually the result of processing the e-bowed guitar with my DSI Evolver. I didn't have an amp when I recorded those parts so I had to make a feeble attempt at emulating high gain feedback.

Thanks for listening!

I like how you left room in complexity for the vox, good with plenty of space timeing-wise. I'll play around a bit with some vox if you don't mind. Very nice the way you've handed the batton over.

edit- just read the rest of the posts. The reason you can hear the clicks better at lower volumes is that they are mostly in the treble range, which is what is heard best at lower listening levels. I wouldn't mix it to much until you got some vox to fill with imo. Did I say it was good, It's good. 8)
Stay in the glow.
Feed the glow.

Thanks s4w2th! That'd be cool if you find time for vocals. It'd also be cool if Vim came through with vox. I'll make 'em both fit... or do two vocal edits :hmm:

Yeah, it's just I prelim mix, still. Just a bounce directly from Live. I'll put it through the Pro Tools-icizer before I'm done. :)

Peace.

I just moved and haven't built a vocal booth yet. So we'll see if I can get around the noise.
Stay in the glow.
Feed the glow.

nice track justin...

...i am not too much into your glitch stuff (i mean..it just scares the shit out of my cat and it is hard to remove her nails from my legs after a listening to them)

but...this one is special

(on the other hand...i do love the "production" behind some of your tracks...i like the way things blend and separate and the mix...but it is just not my style of music)

...peace !
whooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!

Kloz wrote:nice track justin...
Thanks!
Kloz wrote:...i am not too much into your glitch stuff (i mean..it just scares the shit out of my cat and it is hard to remove her nails from my legs after a listening to them)
No worries, it's not for everybody... thats just how it comes out.
Kloz wrote:but...this one is special

(on the other hand...i do love the "production" behind some of your tracks...i like the way things blend and separate and the mix...but it is just not my style of music)

...peace !
That means a lot to me :) I'm glad this clicked for you.

So that was way cool! Very brooding stuff, me likey! :) Wish I was up to doing some vocals but I've been too tired lately to work on my own songs.

But yeah messing with Guitar Rig is fun. :tu:

Beautiful track Justin! Love the drums! Some excellent out of control moments with feedback (nice idea with the Evolver). I just love the slow sad grind of this tune, hopefully someone will nail a vocal.
Image Image

debra1rlo wrote:So that was way cool! Very brooding stuff, me likey! :) Wish I was up to doing some vocals but I've been too tired lately to work on my own songs.

But yeah messing with Guitar Rig is fun. :tu:
Thanks for stopping by Debs! GR is indeed a lot of fun. ;)

Thanks Poly :)

Dr. Octagon, paramedic fetus of the East
with priests, I'm from the Church of the Operating Room
with the strike support, scalpels since the holocaust
I do indeed in greed, explore meet the patients
Back to brooms with the nurse with the voodoo curse
Holding up office lights, standing at huge heights
Back and forth, left wing swing to North
East and South with blood pouring down your mouth
I come prepared with the white suit and stethascope
Listen to your heartbeat, delete beep beep BEEP
Your insurance is high, but my price is cheap