shhhhh(ufaloff)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

abstraakt minimal:

shhhhh(ufaloff)

enjoy. :-)

This is really something, dude. Definitely an excellent headphone experience. I love all the quiet little details, they are so much more mysterious when I resist the temptation to turn the volume up. :)

It's like little sparks that ignite the fuel of my imagination.

Is your voice the only sound source?

cool stuff. Very, very abstract and bizarre. At times, it's like something from a jarring dream.

also on headphones and quite drunk ... vanishing lights and bubbles, mice out of holes and back 'cause the cats aren't pets ... and everything happens in space with flying pigs on a sofa.

dezidiertes panorama, mein lieber Herr Rick und wird gemocht.

chrimel :)
"It dreamed itself along"

sweet one
I especially liked those sudden silences
and sci-fi-ish delays preceding

justin3am wrote:This is really something, dude. Definitely an excellent headphone experience. I love all the quiet little details, they are so much more mysterious when I resist the temptation to turn the volume up. :)

It's like little sparks that ignite the fuel of my imagination.

Is your voice the only sound source?
it is an 'extreme remix' of a f'loom (vocal trio) cover of caravan.

glad you listened and derived some joy/interest from it. :-)
Last edited by rachmiel on Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jazzyspoon wrote:cool stuff. Very, very abstract and bizarre. At times, it's like something from a jarring dream.
very close to exactly that, friend. :-)

mellotronaut wrote:also on headphones and quite drunk ... vanishing lights and bubbles, mice out of holes and back 'cause the cats aren't pets ... and everything happens in space with flying pigs on a sofa.

dezidiertes panorama, mein lieber Herr Rick und wird gemocht.

chrimel :)
vielen dank geehrter herr mellotron. :-)

Jazz Franco wrote:sweet one
I especially liked those sudden silences
and sci-fi-ish delays preceding
thank you friend. i also like the silences ... :-)

Yum, fresh sound palette... this one seems cut from a different cloth... beautiful highs and lows, lovely wet/dry contrasts (funnily enough, right before listening I recorded a short chunk of audio to test a new patch and it has some very sharp wet/dry transitions), and the pauses, you're making them more and more exaggerated and I'll tell you what... I love them!

Don't know if it's just my frame of mind but I found this very soothing.
Image Image

polyslax wrote:Yum, fresh sound palette... this one seems cut from a different cloth... beautiful highs and lows, lovely wet/dry contrasts (funnily enough, right before listening I recorded a short chunk of audio to test a new patch and it has some very sharp wet/dry transitions), and the pauses, you're making them more and more exaggerated and I'll tell you what... I love them!

Don't know if it's just my frame of mind but I found this very soothing.

soothing is appropriate. :-) :-) :-)

Nice piece that reminds of the aesthetic possibilities available to folks and takes one back to Webern's "isolated events". Question: in a world where just about everyone has access to more amplification than is generally used (needed?:hihi:), does that negate some of the purpose here or could it be considered just another aleatoric element, i.e., "listener choice"?

rp314 wrote:Nice piece that reminds of the aesthetic possibilities available to folks and takes one back to Webern's "isolated events". Question: in a world where just about everyone has access to more amplification than is generally used (needed?:hihi:), does that negate some of the purpose here or could it be considered just another aleatoric element, i.e., "listener choice"?
webern, yes. as far as volume goes ... even at high settings the piece will be relatively quiet. but of course you're right anyone could dial it up to 11 and defeat the gossamer minimalism of it. so then the question becomes: can sounds be essentially quiet, even if played loudly? if a -40 dB wisp is pumped up via amplification and perhaps even compression to 0 dB would it still sound wispy?

Been awhile since I've heard any of your stuff (not around as often as I used to be), this was an interesting re-introduction. :) Cool sounds for sure!
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

...a very slow download...
I had a couple of listenings. it easily kept my attention up, although this is very abstract. it was a great aural experience, it requires an open-minded approach to get reward but once you're tuned into that, you can say it flows
8)
Cheers

Return to “Music Cafe”