3am - a tiny fraction (Oceanside remix)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
KVRAF
11412 posts since 7 May, 2006 from Southern California

Post Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:47 am

Yeah, I did a remix of my own track...

a tiny fraction

original track

It's over 17 minutes long and much more abstract than the original, pretty much a whole new composition.

Watch out for the shrill bits. :)

KVRAF
3054 posts since 30 Mar, 2002 from 51°53'N 02°15'W

Post Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:24 am

Claustrophobic sounding ambient that you shouldn't play to the paranoid - that's a good thing by the way :evil:

Could only recognise small parts from the original and some parts put me in mind of a "classical" track.
其余的是噪音

KVRAF
5987 posts since 19 Jun, 2008 from Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:41 am

Great work on the remix justin3am, it's like a movie made of sound! I might have my own version to upload soon if I can overcome the fear ;)

Pecae,
Andy.

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:08 am

Cheers guys, I know this sort of stuff is a bit more challenging to listen to so I'm always glad when I can reach an audience with it.

@ZPH: Thanks for listening! Don't stress on uploading tracks, just do it! At this point I post everything I do, (even if it's just a sound I'm impressed with) and I suggest everyone else do the same. Honestly, the first time I posted to KVR was a big turning point for the music I make for myself. The excellent feedback I've gotten here has not only helped me become a better artist but it has also driven me to keep try, even if I don't think an idea is all the way there.

8)

KVRAF
12245 posts since 18 Aug, 2003

Post Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:16 am

justin3am wrote:Yeah, I did a remix of my own track..
:lol:

It's like Oceanside unhinged, all the bits from the original just float in and out like fragments.

Enjoyable.

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:28 am

Thats pretty much it. I picked out unrelated segments of the song, resampled them and ran them through Reaktor, MFM2, Filterfreak, Polivoks filter, Tyme Sefari, Boss delays etc. and turned knobs. Recognizable bits just happen to pop through, here and there. :)

KVRAF
3054 posts since 30 Mar, 2002 from 51°53'N 02°15'W

Post Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:44 am

justin3am wrote:Thats pretty much it. I picked out unrelated segments of the song, resampled them and ran them through Reaktor, MFM2, Filterfreak, Polivoks filter, Tyme Sefari, Boss delays etc. and turned knobs. Recognizable bits just happen to pop through, here and there. :)
A bit like the old dub paradigm, use the studio as an instrument.

I've really admire your work ethic :shock: You do more in 1 week than I manage in a whole year, guess I'm just a natural born procrastinator or maybe just lazy :oops:

Thanks for all the hints and tips you've put in all your recent music cafe threads, I may get round to using some of them.............. sometime :hihi:
Last edited by Az're-ul on Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
其余的是噪音

KVRist
341 posts since 23 Jun, 2008

Post Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:21 pm

Hi 3am,

started working on a 'remix' of your original. Recognizable bits just happen to pop through, here and there, so to speak :)

Regards, Slug

KVRAF
3003 posts since 24 Nov, 2003 from Heidelberg&Hamburg

Post Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:38 pm

Funny, totally changed song! I wouldn't have recognized it was a remix... but I listened to about 20 songs from the café. I like the song, it is one of course we have to listen to quite a few times... the longer passage beginning at around 15 minutes is beautiful. Nice!
Has it a tail of more than one minute at the end, or am my poor laptop speakers not okay, or are the frequences higher than my ears can listen too :)?
Thanks for sharing, will listen 2nd time right now and will surely recognize the bits from the oceanside:).

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:59 pm

Looking at the locations that you folks hail from I'd say we're a pretty diverse bunch, huh?

Thanks for taking the time guys.

KVRAF
8072 posts since 12 Dec, 2003 from Canada

Post Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:22 am

Lush and spacey trip Justin, thanks!

p.s. I love the way that piano retains its essential character even while being completely bent out of shape.
Image Image

KVRist
238 posts since 9 Jul, 2007 from Europe, Lithuania

Post Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:23 am

Listened yesterday before bedtime and fell asleep :roll:
Today i tried to listen to it again and it sounded like most amazing thing i ever heard :o

Thanks for posting this, i enjoyed it all the way through to the end ;)

I think i'm gonna listen to it tomorrow... And after tomorrow... :hihi:

Peace :)

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:02 pm

Yeah Poly, thats the MFM2... such a wonderful automated manipulation machine.

Thanks wrack! I'm glad you dug it. :)

KVRist
341 posts since 23 Jun, 2008

Post Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:20 am

Hi 3am,

thanks for this track. I really enjoy it, although it is too long to digest in one easy go. I uploaded it to my mp3-player so I can listen to it on the train to work. As Polyslax says, it has a lush side to it, both in it's length and in it's seemingly endless shifting of forms.

Your track prompted me to upload a long one that I created myself. It can be found here.

Kind regards, Slug (37,2°)
Last edited by Slug (37,2°) on Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:28 am

one last bump for this...

Return to “Music Cafe”