FREE download: Jazz Funk Kit

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Happy Holidays from Orange Tree Samples!

In celebration of this month, I've decided to release a free jazz drumset sample library. This sample library features unique and rare drums and cymbals and has an excellent tone suitable for jazz and funk.

Currently this free download is available in Kontakt 2/3 format. However, all the .WAV sample files are included in the download archive, and are labeled, making a conversion fairly straight-forward.

Audio demo:

http://www.orangetreesamples.com/audio/ ... msdemo.mp3

Direct download: (102 MB compressed)

http://www.orangetreesamples.com/downlo ... unkKit.rar

If you like the sound of this free sample library, please check out my commercial products, which include the recently-released Strawberry Extended Electric Guitar sample library for KONTAKT. Also available are many electric and acoustic basses.
Last edited by Gregjazz on Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coool, thanks!

oo, thanks Greg, a very generous thing to do :)

DSP

sweet!!!! thanks.

thanks very much, will give them a run later 8)

Wow, there's some excellent samples in this kit!
Many thanks, Greg!

Fwiw, still wondering why Battery 3 doesn't load Kontakt 2 kits...

Cheers
Sascha
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Thanks a lot! This is really the sound i've been looking for! This is really a great free sample set :)
I just tested it and i really hope you'll release a full version of it one day, i really like the kick that you use in the demo, the 15' one, this is exactly one of the kicks i use on my drums :)
Last edited by thysm00 on Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks Greg ... most kind of you :)

Thanks a lot, Greg. These are fantastic!

Greg,

Thanks so much! I've been looking for something like this for a long time. I usually do my own guitar and bass stuff, but I'll keep my eyes open if you do any other instruments.

Thank you. Demo sounds very promising. :)

Thank you Greg, sounding great ! :tu:
FACT: ‘In the past 50 years, one-third of the world’s rainforests have been lost’.

thysm00 wrote:Thanks a lot! This is really the sound i've been looking for! This is really a great free sample set :)
I just tested it and i really hope you'll release a full version of it one day, i really like the kick that you use in the demo, the 15' one, this is exactly one of the kicks i use on my drums :)
I would love to do a full version, since I have some new Kontakt scripting I've been messing around with that really brings drum kits alive.

The drummer I sampled this kit with has a bunch of really cool rare and unique drums and cymbals (which is why this download contains detailed information about the drums/cymbals sampled). One of the kicks included (and used in the demo MP3) is a converted marching snare with a real calf-skin head--it sounds amazing as a bop jazz kick. I'll have to contact him about doing more sampling.

Thanks for all the wonderful feedback!

These sound great!

Would be fantastic if someone could map these for Shortcircuit!!!

santa is arrived earlier this year :D
thank you very much

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”