Br (?)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs,

I'm running Zebra 2.3.1 in WinXP, Ableton Live 7.14. I'm not sure if this is a bug in Zebra, Live, or otherwise.

I'm holding a key down as I alternate between two of Menno's patches: "Hi-NRG" and "Jungle Fever". The issue is most pronounced when I switch to Jungle Fever -- I get an ungodly (well, to me; I suppose some will like it) noise that doesn't particularly resemble the actual patch. I think either Zebra or Live is struggling with what to do with a stream of midi data going into Zebra while there's a patch change.

:?

EDIT: FWIW, same issue in Reaper 2.54.
"Enough Spyro Gyra and you're hoping you'll be killed in a knife fight."
-- Chris in the morning

I have observed this in almost *all* synths. I may be wrong, but I think it goes something like this: I select patch X and then I press play (say long chords). I then select patch Y abruptly... so patch X's envelopes continue to be used with patch Y's sounds (basic OSC settings, etc.) because there has been no change in midi note data so that patch Y's envelopes can be started.

Even when the synth gets a new note (during Patch Y) while the old notes (pressed during Patch X) are playing, it will sound 'weird'.

At least that is how I understand it; I could be waayyy off. :shrug:

edited for clarification
:: FL Studio v9.0.3 :: u-he Zebra2 v2.5 :: u-he MFM v2.0.2b5 :: u-he Uhbik v1.1 :: EnergyXT v1.4.1/v2.0.2 ::

I get that too. I think it has to do with certain presets release times.

Return to “u-he”