NAMM News (not a hoax)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This topic was removed at the request of one of the companies featured as the news should not be public until tomorrow (at NAMM). EM should not have been distributed yet, apparently.

Is there really any point in censoring the post? I've found the EM news release elsewhere on teh internets, so it's pretty much public domain now.

If you want to know what this is all about go to Ableton's forum and look for a post about NAMM.

...on a slightly different tack, from GForces' web site:
We've got something really quite wonderful that we'll be showing as of Friday.
It's gotta be the S.O.B.?

that's ok it wasn't exciting anyway.
GUI designers a resource list of artists: http://sukaudio.blogspot.com/

Ben [KVR] wrote:This topic was removed at the request of one of the companies featured
M5, NI or Stine?

:hihi:

djsubject wrote:
Ben [KVR] wrote:This topic was removed at the request of one of the companies featured
M5, NI or Stine?

I reckon it was NI. Googling "ni maschine" gives a link to a topic, now removed, at the NI forum in which someone has posted:
I read on KVR that NI was going to announce this new hardware/software kit called Maschine?
So I'm guessing that a mod at the NI forum picked that up, which then lead to the request for the removal of the topic here.

Oops, if that's the case there's another one floating around here.

hakey wrote:
djsubject wrote:
M5, NI or Stine?

I reckon it was NI. Googling "ni maschine" gives a link to a topic, now removed, at the NI forum in which someone has posted:
I read on KVR that NI was going to announce this new hardware/software kit called Maschine?
So I'm guessing that a mod at the NI forum picked that up and then requested the removal of the topic here.
As predicted years ago, a lot of the current "news" is going to be variations on "pimp my dongle".

Well in a more honest world people would just come out and say that warez damage the potential of native audio, but whatever.

Nevermind. :hihi:
Last edited by Teksonik on Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I saw the original post last night. If this was leaked that sucks, this day and age it's very hard(if not impossible) to keep things under wraps. If it was put in EM news release it is now world wide within seconds. Damn all it needed to be was over heard in a conversation and it would be on the web in seconds. Cool for us but sucks for the companies trying to make a big release. It's the same thing with new car models(or anything), spy shots are immediately release on the web which kinda kills the unveiling, pull the sheet off the car and it's kinda like meh already saw it on autoblog 3 months ago.
dj0100.com

buscemi wrote:Oops, if that's the case there's another one floating around here.
:wink:

Ben [KVR] wrote:This topic was removed at the request of one of the companies featured as the news should not be public until tomorrow (at NAMM). EM should not have been distributed yet, apparently.
Not bad.

For 699.00 it has drum pads and a kill switch for the press. Does it work on critics too?

richwhite9 wrote:
Ben [KVR] wrote:This topic was removed at the request of one of the companies featured as the news should not be public until tomorrow (at NAMM). EM should not have been distributed yet, apparently.
Not bad.

For 699.00 it has drum pads and a kill switch for the press. Does it work on critics too?
It pays homage to part of its inspiration with the Master Press Crusher. :)

It's possible that the magazine's street date didn't line up exactly with the NAMM conference. That happens sometimes. Especially for subscriptions. Subscribers usually receive their copies a week or two before newsstands.
I Music.

The price for one of those not-to-be-mentioned-on-KVR items is insane! Especially for hardware.
I Music.

Return to “Instruments”