NAMM 2009 NO Traction

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Gabriel_S
KVRist
350 posts since 9 May, 2007

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:57 pm

Well just checked pretty thoroughly and absolutely nothing in the makings of a T4 or even software update from Mackie. Checked a few other hosts out, Cubase 5 unveiled, Pro Tools 8 etc. Traction....Nothing.....Nada.....Zero.

Not really surprised by this, just wishful thinking I guess. We're stuck Fellas !!!!! :help:
PT 9 | Cubase 6 | Sony Acid Pro 7 for Laptop | Soundforge 9 | Wavelab | Guitars | Korg M3 | Korg Triton Extreme |

rpc9943
KVRAF
6490 posts since 14 Jun, 2004 from Rochester, NY

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:05 pm

no we're not. I have more than an inkling that things are around the bend.

RonC

Gabriel_S
KVRist

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:14 pm

rpc9943 wrote:no we're not. I have more than an inkling that things are around the bend.

RonC
Really? This is how rumors get started. Care to share???
PT 9 | Cubase 6 | Sony Acid Pro 7 for Laptop | Soundforge 9 | Wavelab | Guitars | Korg M3 | Korg Triton Extreme |

thoshu
KVRian
1197 posts since 15 May, 2002 from Triple-Octo-Core, 128GB RAM, Midi sequencer Pro-16

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:15 pm

Gabriel_S wrote:
rpc9943 wrote:no we're not. I have more than an inkling that things are around the bend.

RonC
Really? This is how rumors get started. Care to share???
+1

Groundhoggers Unite!!!

jplanet
KVRAF
2028 posts since 18 Mar, 2004 from New York, N.Y.

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:25 pm

RonC
Even if Mackie came out with Tracktion 4, the breach of trust is already done. People put their faith in the product, stuck it out on the premise that Tracktion users had always enjoyed frequent updates, fast bug fixes, and an active presence in the user community. Mackie obliterated those three hallmarks of the Tracktion brand.

Admittedly, I would be tempted to try it out when/if it comes out...but I will demo it with far more scrutiny than I've ever given to any software I've purchased. I have to go into it with the idea that, if there are any show-stopping bugs, there is a very good chance that they will remain that way.

rpc9943
KVRAF

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:40 pm

oh well, dont trust me or mackie. i dont want to divulge what my questioning people has implied heavily on my idea of something possibly in the works. maybe in private.

im sorry you all have problems but i use single core it may be why. also winxp.
i simply dont have any poofs or anything.

the only problem i have right now is the gui getting sluggish sometimes. i want to figure it out , i bet it has to do with my stupid video drivers.

RonC

rpc9943
KVRAF

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:52 pm

just know i wouldnt bullshit you guys. i love Tracktion and just want you all to not lose hope unless they tell us - ok project is over with.

lets be patient and use what you can - whether its T1, T2, T3, or whatever else.

RonC

Gabriel_S
KVRist

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:59 pm

rpc9943 wrote:just know i wouldnt bullshit you guys. i love Tracktion and just want you all to not lose hope unless they tell us - ok project is over with.

lets be patient and use what you can - whether its T1, T2, T3, or whatever else.

RonC
Not a problem on my end at all Ron. I'm just not holding my breath. To be absolutely truthful, I would have been MUCH more surprised if Mackie unveiled anything regarding Traction than I am that they have not.

On a side note, I listened to some of your material, pretty nice stuff !!

rpc9943
KVRAF

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:20 pm

heh thx :)

deanimo
KVRist
65 posts since 14 Sep, 2004

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:22 pm

RonC knows something...

rpc9943
KVRAF

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:25 pm

no one really directly told me anything. i think there is a heavy implication to not lose hope. That's all I know.

RoNC

afreshcupofjoe
KVRAF
1838 posts since 17 Jan, 2006 from Portland, OR

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:49 pm

I dunno, the writing is on the wall. What makes you think Mackie would say anything if development had ceased? Wouldn't you think that would hurt potential sales by deterring customers from buying into software with no future? I'm sure Mackie still wants to get whatever money out of it they can, and they aren't going to put out a press release unless it will somehow benefit them financially. Staff seems to always be under nondisclosure agreements, so i wouldn't expect to hear anything from them either. Isn't this how it usually happens? Seems pretty clear at this point that its over.
"The Juno 60 was often incorrectly referred to as a synth. It is, in fact, a chorus unit with a synth attached." -PAK

jplanet
KVRAF
2028 posts since 18 Mar, 2004 from New York, N.Y.

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:09 pm

There are always products shown at NAMM that aren't going to be released for several months...if this was anywhere in the pipeline for 2009, I'm sure we would have seen something.

If anything, maybe they're talking to other companies about buying it from them...

rpc9943
KVRAF

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:25 pm

if theyre doing a rewrite it may take some time, ya know? thats what my guess is.

RonC

canadave
KVRist
41 posts since 20 Mar, 2008

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:48 pm

I think Ron is onto something. I emailed Mackie about a week ago and point-blank asked what the story is, whether Tracktion is abandoned or what. I got a reply back a couple of days later from one of their support staff saying that as far as they know, Tracktion is NOT abandoned and is still actively being developed.

Now, that does NOT excuse the lack of communication on their part, nor does it guarantee it WON'T possibly be abandoned at some point, nor does it say anything about WHEN a new update will be forthcoming. But at least that gave me hope that they are, somewhere, in some dark back room, perhaps in a dungeon, working on it.
My gear:
Motif XS7, Echo AudioFire 4 interface, Mac Pro (Jan 2008 version), MXL 2006 and SM58 mics, KRK RP5 monitors, Tracktion 3 DAW

Return to “Tracktion”