USB instruments/controllers that don't need specific drivers

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Could everyone list their USB MIDI instruments and controllers working on the Receptor without having to install drivers ? Thanks.

M-Audio Axiom 25 controller keyboard is successful for me. I have not gotten the M-Audio Trigger Finger to work via USB other than getting power from the Receptor.

M-Audio Axiom 61
Emu Xboard (49 & 61)

Kevin L

M-audio Axiom 61 too... (bad keyboard action, but sooooooo great as a controller!)
I want to test my Evolution UC-33 (not a keyboard, but surface controller), but haven't had time yet.

Demierra

Novation's Remote Sl 61 and zero are working great for me except for the automap feature that is of course unavailable.

I can also add Korg's Nanokey since it's been used by Groovology himself live at the Namm show :)

Studiologic/Fatar Numa 88 works...on just about everything actually. I have been checking out Ubuntu Studio (and a few other Linux distros) and the 'VMK-88' USB midi device shows up without fail.

By the way, the best Linux distro so far is Ubuntu Studio RT (real time). The latency is so low that I can use my motherboard audio (realtek) at something like 3 msecs latency...and this is all with running VST, ASIO, and energyXT through Wine! :D

JR

I suppose all the Korg Nano series (key, pad, mixer) work on the Receptor, since they don't need any driver...

Demierra

any more ?

Axiom 49 works too, but only the controller.

The Axiom keyboards actually generate TWO class compliant devices. One for the controller, and a separate one for the MIDI-In-Out-Thru. Since the receptor only works with one USB controller, the second one device is disregarded. Its good though that the controller device is the one Receptor chooses to use!

Just to clarify (perhaps the obvious), if you buy an Axiom keyboard to be BOTH a keyboard AND a controller, you MUST run through MIDI In (can't use USB)....

Recently I discovered that my UC33 control surface (Evolution/M-Audio) can work with Receptor via USB without any special installed driver. I usually use it connected to Receptor via MIDI-in, but it does work through USB.

-M

RoyG wrote:I can also add Korg's Nanokey since it's been used by Groovology himself live at the Namm show :)
I have a new (black) Korg nanoKey, and I tried plugging it into any of the USB connectors on the back of the Receptor, but it didn't work for me. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Best,
Fredriq

Try plugging it in prior to booting Receptor. I have a NanoKontrol and it did not work plugging it into my already running Receptor, but works fine if plugged in prior to turning on Receptor.
Tom B

M-Audio Keystation Pro and Keystation 88es both work fine via USB. Novation Remote Zero SL works fine, but X-Station does NOT without a driver. Yamaha tells me that the KX8 will NOT work via USB without installed drived.

BTW, just so everyone is aware of something which I've only recently learned: you can use a MIDI merge box (eg by MIDI solutions) to plug 2 keyboards into the Receptor's MIDI in port, if you can't use USB for either of them. Muse tells me that this works fine. (I've just ordered mine.)

Tom

Novation XioSynth works also as a Keybard didn't rty any Controls though

Return to “Muse Research and Development”