Tim Conrardy Passed Away

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tim we had meet many times and your friendship and support was like no other we miss you as we speak may your soul be with the angels god awaits you!!! rip

What news.. I don't visit KVR a lot anymore but wow.. Tim was genuinely kind and had a humble soul.. which I've found is a rarity. He was obviously very passionate about his craft. I was completely stunned to recently see the level of projects he was involved with.. the list is awesome. Yet he remained humble and very wanting to help others (including me).. to share his love and passion for sound. He gave way more than he ever asked in return. And continues to give and live on in this world in his music and sounds that inspire many others today and in the future..

Prayers for Tim and his Family.. be free, Tim.

Like many, my acquaintance with Tim was exclusively via email. He was ( what sad finality there is in using the past tense) extraordinarily generous with his time and wonderful talents; he wrote email to people he never met as if to long standing friends; during the course of our electronic conversation we discovered that we had much in common including being admirers of and influenced by the (late) Allen Strange, one of the true pioneers of computer music from the 1970's. Tim will be missed not only for his gifts as an original creator in our field, but also, and especially, for his unique personality, a kind and decent human being. To his family and friends, please accept my most sincere condolences.
James Dashow

34 pages of tributes and counting. Here is proof, if any were needed, that nice guys don't finish last. They finish loved.
www.drippycat.com - switchaball for iPhone, switchballHD for iPad

simesf wrote:34 pages of tributes and counting. Here is proof, if any were needed, that nice guys don't finish last. They finish loved.
Well said, and in Tims case, the best is yet to come!

How depressing.

I was looking for my Alchemy serial and came across a text file I saved with Tim's email and phone number. I thought to myself, "maybe I should give him a call and see how he's doing."

Then I realized I can't do that anymore.

I enjoyed talking with him - both on KVR and privately.

Mike

Agreed, everytime I load up a synth and find a TC preset, I smile and think that he is still able to share some of his creativity through his sound design.
Karmacomposer wrote:How depressing.

I was looking for my Alchemy serial and came across a text file I saved with Tim's email and phone number. I thought to myself, "maybe I should give him a call and see how he's doing."

Mike

it's the reason i asked ben to continue to sell the presets for cameleon
maybe we should make a petition !
i am joking ...

Karmacomposer wrote:How depressing.

Mike
I know what you mean. We had been talking about him coming by my place again to check out some of my newer euro modules. Even now, it takes takes quite a mental adjustment to remind myself that it can never happen.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

I contacted him because I saw some pics of him with some cool synths and he answered right away, and shared with me all his knowledge on the subject, without having ever meeting me! I thought, how down to earth this guy is, and yet to be so up there with the stars but always with his feet firmly on the ground!

I know he is now amongst us, and will be forever A Guardian Angel to his whole family!

His physical life might just have ended, but his new "after life" has just begun!

May he always be remembered as a Beautiful being filled with Love & Light!

Tim passed away a year ago today. it's a painful loss, but it's inspiring to think about the wisdom, kindness, and musicianship he brought to KVR.
If you like 80s retro sounds, check out my latest tune…

PaulSC wrote:Tim passed away a year ago today. it's a painful loss, but it's inspiring to think about the wisdom, kindness, and musicianship he brought to KVR.
M42, M51, Enceladus II, Atomic, and ElecktraBass from Algomusic are great affordable instruments full of his creative genious. He is truly the Babe Ruth of sound design!

:cry:

Upon reading the news, I felt the same sick feeling that I felt when I first heard it. While I had only the slightest of conversations with him, I had mad respect for his skills and the passion he demonstrated in pursing his craft.
With Regards:
Ric (the) Obscene

I always get a funny feeling when I flip through the Alchemy presets and come upon one of Tims. Its comforting in a way... I feel like he's in the room with me, speaking through the music.

On another note- I have a CD full of mp3s of Tim's music that he brought over one time. I'm reluctant to share these with the world at large because I'm not sure if they're from commercial work he released, but perhaps someday I'll be able to redistribute them.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Oh man. So very sorry. Condolences and hugs to his friends and family.
Tom Smith
http://tomsmith.bandcamp.com - http://www.filkertom.com - http://www.thefump.com
Win10/64 - I5 3570K - 16 GB RAM - BIAB 2016 - Reaper 5 - Sound Forge Pro 9

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”