Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

elxsound wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:43 am
D.Wako wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:35 am Anybody bought this? Listen to all the demos. Damn!. A nobrainer imo. only 1 day left.
Still wondering if the Izotope deal is worth it. It get's real cheap at JRR.

https://www.kontakthub.com/product/aliv ... 60a7e21b90
Honestly, it doesn't seem very flexible. I'd rather have a sampled dry library or a live recording of a drum performance than a sampled drum library in space with long decay times, which depending on what gets played, can sound very unnatural, becoming a mixing headache. But if it works for you, then great!
I understand how you feel and i would normally agree but if you listen to the pop demo they have there and others you'll be surprised. I know i was. Letting Go (funk_disco) is the tittle. I'm very impress with the cymbals and the hithats. Very detailed and believable imo.
What ever!

Forgot to say they cut off the tail with the adsr on the kit to sound like that.
What ever!

D.Wako wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:52 am
elxsound wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:43 am
D.Wako wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:35 am Anybody bought this? Listen to all the demos. Damn!. A nobrainer imo. only 1 day left.
Still wondering if the Izotope deal is worth it. It get's real cheap at JRR.

https://www.kontakthub.com/product/aliv ... 60a7e21b90
Honestly, it doesn't seem very flexible. I'd rather have a sampled dry library or a live recording of a drum performance than a sampled drum library in space with long decay times, which depending on what gets played, can sound very unnatural, becoming a mixing headache. But if it works for you, then great!
I understand how you feel and i would normally agree but if you listen to the pop demo they have there and others you'll be surprised. I know i was. Letting Go (funk_disco) is the tittle. I'm very impress with the cymbals and the hithats. Very detailed and believable imo.
Just listened to that track. It needs to be mixed better. The drums, as they get busier and louder, sound more and more like they're in a car garage, the keys are dry, the guitar has different types of reverb at different points... and yes that CAN work (different verbs for different instruments - something done quite often), but here it doesn't work because its noticeable. The mix shouldn't be noticeable - in a distracting way.

Yeah that's an easy pass for me.

telecode wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:05 pm if I just double the Arturia VST's to two tracks, I think I am achieving the same sonic results (to my ears anyways).
Interesting! Does the Jupiter 8V have polyphonic unison? If so, I guess that would giving you a similar effect without having to load 2 instances.

martinjuenke wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:53 am That‘s my fear as well, to have the next bunch of abandonware... :scared:
But hope dies last (Lord, let there be upgrades!)
Alloy is the only one I can remember them officially abandoning and it sometimes gets nice upgrade pricing to Neutron. Nectar seemed like abandonware but then 6 years later Nectar 3 was released, so who knows?

Uncle E wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:32 am
martinjuenke wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:53 am That‘s my fear as well, to have the next bunch of abandonware... :scared:
But hope dies last (Lord, let there be upgrades!)
Alloy is the only one I can remember them officially abandoning and it sometimes gets nice upgrade pricing to Neutron. Nectar seemed like abandonware but then 6 years later Nectar 3 was released, so who knows?
... and Nectar 3 is quite good!

Anyone has a $25 question PA voucher he’s not using? PM me :)

Fleer wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:30 pm Anyone has a $25 question PA voucher he’s not using? PM me :)
No don't give it to that guy, give it to this guy....ehhhmm yeah me, well...because reasons :D

Well, joking aside , if anyone have one to give away it will be very much appreciated...but yeah make sure Fleer has got one first :wink:

Kr3eM wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:36 pm
Fleer wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:30 pm Anyone has a $25 question PA voucher he’s not using? PM me :)
No don't give it to that guy, give it to this guy....ehhhmm yeah me, well...because reasons :D

Well, joking aside , if anyone have one to give away it will be very much appreciated...but yeah make sure Fleer has got one first :wink:
the $25 questionnaire vouchers expired end of October afaik

Me, I’m looking for an upgrade code to Thorn with Plugin-Alliance for 19$. If someone is not using it, I would gladly take it!

Pity on us :ud:

Ryan99 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:19 pm Me, I’m looking for an upgrade code to Thorn with Plugin-Alliance for 19$. If someone is not using it, I would gladly take it!
I’m willing to trade it for my 25$ monthly voucher from Plugin-Alliance.

Spitfire Audio promo: https://www.spitfireaudio.com/

Introducing Thunderbolt — 40% off a selection of our most popular libraries or 50% off if you buy all six as a Collection. Promotion Ends 23:59GMT 12th Februrary 2019.

I just got the offer from Plugin Alliance to buy bx_digital V3 for $69. I'm sure it's a fantastic plugin well worth that price, but what - if anything - makes it special compared to hundreds of other top class EQs on the market in 2019? I understand bx are (or used to be) kings of m/s, but surely most well featured mastering EQs support m/s?

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”