Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anybody know if I can use more than one plugin alliance loyalty vouchers a month? I already used the free 25$ they sent out to everyone - and now I'm thinking of buying another to use at rocktober sale. Thx!

AFAIK you cannot use 2 vouchers of the same level. You can use one of $25, and other of $50, by example.

Audio Plugin Deals wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:28 am For only $199.99 (instead of $700), get AIZERX Bundle by KEEPFOREST featuring AizerX SFX Designer Toolkit and AizerX Modern Designer Toolkit.
Got their Vikings and Dragon. Cinematic if ever.

waltercruz wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:09 pm AFAIK you cannot use 2 vouchers of the same level. You can use one of $25, and other of $50, by example.
Hanging onto mine until the end of the month ;)

Thinking of zynaptiq intensity.. is there something that can do similar thing for cheaper price, or is this the plugin to get?

Don't really get it?
Admittedly only watched the Snake Oil vid..
SiliconDeath wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:13 pm Thinking of zynaptiq intensity.. is there something that can do similar thing for cheaper price, or is this the plugin to get?

SiliconDeath wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:13 pm Thinking of zynaptiq intensity.. is there something that can do similar thing for cheaper price, or is this the plugin to get?
One of my best investments...

Calenberger wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:27 pm
One of my best investments...
This ... and Adaptiverb, of course.

Not really. Intensity does what its name implies, it spectrally adds punch and presence to things its algorithms decides is important. Gullfoss is more about spectrally balancing frequencies. Soothe is about spectrally taming resonances. SmartComp is a spectral compressor with profiles for certain types of music. These can all go on the 2-buss. Something like Soothe (correction) then Gullfoss (balance) then Intensity (sweeten) then SmartComp to limit it (finalize).

cptgone wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:57 pm [hardware]
Zoom ARQ Aero RhythmTrak AR-96 blow-out at Thomann.
https://www.thomann.de/be/zoom_arq_aero ... _ar_96.htm
Great find. Lowest price ever.
This vid shows its strongpoints:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wIfcLOHO_co

yellowmix wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:19 pm
Not really. Intensity does what its name implies, it spectrally adds punch and presence to things its algorithms decides is important. Gullfoss is more about spectrally balancing frequencies. Soothe is about spectrally taming resonances. SmartComp is a spectral compressor with profiles for certain types of music. These can all go on the 2-buss. Something like Soothe (correction) then Gullfoss (balance) then Intensity (sweeten) then SmartComp to limit it (finalize).
What about Endeavor FX ContemporaryColor? Goes for $29 currently.
It can add punch, saturation, presence etc. and I use it exactly like described. Anyone has both and can compare?
https://endeavorfx.com/contemporary-color.html

Edit: just saw zynaptiq has only 1 ilok activation. Thats already a negative point where CC has 2.

dermage wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:18 am Edit: just saw zynaptiq has only 1 ilok activation. Thats already a negative point where CC has 2.
If you ask the Zynaptiq support for another iLok activation you'll get it without any problem. :tu:

dermage wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:18 am
yellowmix wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:19 pm
What about Endeavor FX ContemporaryColor? Goes for $29 currently.
It can add punch, saturation, presence etc. and I use it exactly like described. Anyone has both and can compare?
https://endeavorfx.com/contemporary-color.html

Edit: just saw zynaptiq has only 1 ilok activation. Thats already a negative point where CC has 2.
CC seems to now be priced permanently at $29 which felt like a bit of a frustration and devaluation considering this was the intro price and also since its a plugin that was a hit debut for EndeavourFX, widely praised.

CC has a good sweetening on your source which for someone who likes sizzling a lot of spice it'll be most welcome. However, I found it can be a bit finicky because the original gui has these cool colours that ignite as one increases the dials and it actually has a counter productive effect because I found myself optimising colours that 'felt' right which interferred with my ears' intuition! I thought this was interesting. There are alternate skins for the gui that eliminate this problem and add output and input knobs as well as gain on each of the four 'sweeteners' so check that out.

A very good buy at $29 for what it can do but make sure you really need another one of these tools. Certainly saves a buck over the alternative.

It's not spectral as far as I can tell, it does some kind of 4-band saturation. It doesn't claim to analyze the signal, it says "Contemporary Color attempts to only add smooth color"; I don't know if "smooth color" is the same as "intensity". But if it gets good results you're happy with then keep using it. If you want a less-expensive multiband saturator, Audio Assault's XCTR goes on sale for something like $5 sometimes and it sounds pretty good: https://audio-assault.com/xctr.php

Zynaptiq, Soundtheory, oeksound, Sonible, all offers demos, see if it adds anything to your toolbox or if it's redundant or not worth it.

I'm currently testing Intensity, and it is indeed very different.
CC is more focused on the band and far more aggressive if pushed than Intensity.
Intensity has different sound and a softer approach, at least where I tested it on. Also the Bias curves are quite useful and interesting for shaping the sound to the reach the anticipated effect.

Insanelysane: I mostly use the CC Advanced these days as it provides more controls and can make the processing more subtle on bands. And has no "visual" effect like fireworks on the original CC :)

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”