Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

GreyLion wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:32 pm
projectdan wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:36 am
Ceej wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:22 am Has anyone gotten Gig Performer 4 Unlocked via PA's Forever29 plan? The wording of Forever29 is disappointingly fuzzy...
In the huge Plugin Alliance Gearspace thread someone mentioned it wasn't included in that deal as it was not counted as a plugin, they had asked and received a reply.
Huh. I guess this explains why they haven't gotten back with me on my support ticket for over a week. I wonder if they're actually embarrassed. This is pretty close to being unethical, IMHO. Their advertising goes on and on about how it's for ALL of the plugins on their site page, so it seems reasonable to believe that the word ALL is important. It would take only a sentence to clarify this, either in their marketing material or in the blurb for GP4 itself on their site.

To add to the confusion, I don't get an error message that GP4 is ineligible for Forever 29 when I try to check out, I get one that there is some sort of unspecified quantity requirement.

Bad behavior. Annoying, since that's about the only (non)plugin that I want from them. :roll:
You do understand the difference between the word "plugin" and "digital audio workstation", though?

Dirk even mentioned this several times in their Facebook group.
Subscription Bundles: Forever 29 subscription bundle questions
What can I spend my $1 voucher on?

The $1 voucher is valid for any purchasable plugin on our website.
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/support.html
Last edited by dermage on Wed May 11, 2022 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Uncle E wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:28 am
Project wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 1:53 pm Thanks for your reply Uncle E, I asked because I read on the overloud website this statement "This Rig Library can be loaded into any edition of TH-U which includes the Rig Player." and I do see a rig player inside the RockGuy installed software
In fact, looking at the RockGuy description there's this statement: "TH-U RockGuy is both a TH-U expansion pack and a Standalone plugin, meaning that it can expand the model list of an existing TH-U installation, or it can also be purchased as self-contained pack which includes all the TH-U editing features, including the Rig Player, the Amp Tweaks, the Tuner and the Looper, with no need to have a pre-existing TH-U license."
Good news! Our Overloud rep confirmed that you are correct, you can load expansions into RockGuy and any other product that comes with the Rig Player.
Thanks a lot Uncle E, I'm gonna grab it!

GreyLion wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:32 pm
projectdan wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:36 am
Ceej wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:22 am Has anyone gotten Gig Performer 4 Unlocked via PA's Forever29 plan? The wording of Forever29 is disappointingly fuzzy...
In the huge Plugin Alliance Gearspace thread someone mentioned it wasn't included in that deal as it was not counted as a plugin, they had asked and received a reply.
Huh. I guess this explains why they haven't gotten back with me on my support ticket for over a week. I wonder if they're actually embarrassed. This is pretty close to being unethical, IMHO. Their advertising goes on and on about how it's for ALL of the plugins on their site page, so it seems reasonable to believe that the word ALL is important. It would take only a sentence to clarify this, either in their marketing material or in the blurb for GP4 itself on their site.

To add to the confusion, I don't get an error message that GP4 is ineligible for Forever 29 when I try to check out, I get one that there is some sort of unspecified quantity requirement.

Bad behavior. Annoying, since that's about the only (non)plugin that I want from them. :roll:
... because it's not a plugin, but a plugin host. But yeah....

dermage wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:33 pm
You do understand the difference between the word "plugin" and "digital audio workstation", though?

Dirk even mentioned this several times in their Facebook group.
Subscription Bundles: Forever 29 subscription bundle questions
What can I spend my $1 voucher on?

The $1 voucher is valid for any purchasable plugin on our website.
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/support.html
Heck, I even understand what caveat emptor means.

The line your link references is several hundred lines down on their support page. It references their newest, hottest sales program, and doesn't include the clarifying line that should go something like "But if you want to buy Gig Performer 4 Unlocked you can kiss our ass."

And I don't surf their FB page. Seriously, how hard would be for them to clarify? And why haven't they, since they know that it's an issue? EDIT: It might be worth remembering that, in essentially all of their other promotions and sales, they've listed the exceptions carefully. But not this one.

I'm not assuming malevolence on their part. They're probably in four-alarm-fire mode with all of the recent changes. But this is still bad behavior.

GreyLion wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:45 pm The line your link references is several hundred lines down on their support page. It references their newest, hottest sales program, and doesn't include the clarifying line that should go something like "But if you want to buy Gig Performer 4 Unlocked you can kiss our ass."

And I don't surf their FB page. Seriously, how hard would be for them to clarify? And why haven't they, since they know that it's an issue? EDIT: It might be worth remembering that, in essentially all of their other promotions and sales, they've listed the exceptions carefully. But not this one.

I'm not assuming malevolence on their part. They're probably in four-alarm-fire mode with all of the recent changes. But this is still bad behavior.
Just to rub salt in the wound - apparently this is a change from earlier. I know someone who was able to buy GP4 with a Forever29 code when the plan was first introduced. Yeah, I agree with you; it's a bad taste that it's excluded at all, but far more so that there's no explicit note about it.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

Ceej wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:19 pm
Just to rub salt in the wound - apparently this is a change from earlier. I know someone who was able to buy GP4 with a Forever29 code when the plan was first introduced. Yeah, I agree with you; it's a bad taste that it's excluded at all, but far more so that there's no explicit note about it.
If this is true, I'm still not assuming malevolence, but it's at least on the table now. Sounds like they know better and chose not to do better. Wouldn't want to complicate the triumphalist marketing message, I suppose...

GreyLion wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:29 pm If this is true, I'm still not assuming malevolence, but it's at least on the table now. Sounds like they know better and chose not to do better. Wouldn't want to complicate the triumphalist marketing message, I suppose...
Yeah, I really think that's it. The whole page is about how "everything!" is available, and putting in that asterisk would just undermine it.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

dermage wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:33 pmYou do understand the difference between the word "plugin" and "digital audio workstation", though?
Ou_Tis wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:40 pm... because it's not a plugin, but a plugin host. But yeah....
slight problem with this positioning: the loyalty voucher, which is explicit for what it covers, works perfectly fine with gig performer 4 at full price (so not an upgrade or promotion, leaving only "plugin"):
Loyalty Voucher Code Info
Your code can only be used once and it expires on May 28, 2022. The code is valid for any qualified plugin sales, upgrades or promotions this month, but not valid for subscription bundles.
And the terms of service refers to plugins yet I expect PA would argue they "obviously" apply to GP too - especially as these terms are used to pull in the EULA.
Your use of the Plugins are also subject to our standard End User License Agreement (“EULA”) found here.
10. Plugin Licenses
Users have the opportunity to purchase licenses to Plugins through the Service, including through Subscriptions as described in section 12 below. Users agree that such Plugin licenses shall also be governed by PLUGIN ALLIANCE’s EULA, and Users agree to such terms and conditions contained in the EULA, which is incorporated herein by reference.

Subject to Section 9 herein, fully paid licenses to Plugins will continue past termination provided that the User is not in breach of these Terms of Service, including the EULA. Subject to Section 9 herein, Subscription Plugin licenses, as further described in section 12 below, will continue for as long as you continue to pay the Subscription fees, provided that you have an active PLUGIN ALLIANCE account in good standing and are in full compliance with these Terms of Service, including the EULA.
So that's 2 instances of PA using "plugins" as a broad term that encompasses GP. There are no doubt more.

Hi, does anyone know of any third party (ie cheaper) vendors selling Arturia's CS80 V version 4 (the latest?). I have just tried the demo and have fallen in love with this new version. It's very different.

Alternatively, if I were to buy a license transfer of a previous version, could I upgrade that to version 4?

Thanks

ghostwhistler wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:13 am Hi, does anyone know of any third party (ie cheaper) vendors selling Arturia's CS80 V version 4 (the latest?). I have just tried the demo and have fallen in love with this new version. It's very different.

Alternatively, if I were to buy a license transfer of a previous version, could I upgrade that to version 4?

Thanks
No, there is no discount on individual instruments yet, so even any resellers won't be selling for any lower price right now.

Yes, if you only want CS80 V, best and cheapest way currently would be to buy an older CS80 V license for cheap and then upgrade to V4 for $49.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:18 am
ghostwhistler wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:13 am Hi, does anyone know of any third party (ie cheaper) vendors selling Arturia's CS80 V version 4 (the latest?). I have just tried the demo and have fallen in love with this new version. It's very different.

Thanks
No, there is no discount on individual instruments yet, so even any resellers won't be selling for any lower price right now.

Yes, if you only want CS80 V, best and cheapest way currently would be to buy an older CS80 V license for cheap and then upgrade to V4 for $49.
Thanks, can you explain how the upgrade works? Is that something you'd have to email Arturia about? I haven't seen that option on their site, but then I've never needed it

ghostwhistler wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:21 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:18 am

Thanks

Thanks, can you explain how the upgrade works? Is that something you'd have to email Arturia about? I haven't seen that option on their site, but then I've never needed it
No, the upgrade is available in your account once you register an eligible license. For example, I have the first version of V Collection bundle in my account and I can see upgrade prices for all the individual old synths in addition to V Collection 9 upgrade price. The upgrade prices are $19.99 to $29.99 for older emulations, and for CS80 V, Piano V, and Prophet V, since they were updated to latest version in V Collection 9, their upgrade price is $49.99.

However, if you wait for 50% off sale on V Collection 9, which is very unlikely to happen this year, you can get upgrades for 50% off too, which means $25.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:29 am
However, if you wait for 50% off sale on V Collection 9, which is very unlikely to happen this year, you can get upgrades for 50% off too, which means $25.
I don't think my wallet gives me any other choice.

Thanks for replying

No news from Soundtoys regarding Spring Sales this year...

Will someone share the PA $25 voucher code for this month? I guess I deleted that email

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”