Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ferez21 wrote: โ†‘Wed May 19, 2021 11:07 pm Are there any good effects bundles out there that cover all the DAW essentials (and more)?
Preferably cheap, and good sounding ๐Ÿ˜€
Tracktion Software make a bundle literally called "DAW Essentials": https://www.tracktion.com/products/daw- ... collection

$99 regularly. They have sales not infrequently. They also do a "buy more save more" thing - for instance, if you got DAW Essentials along with their Collective synth ($60) it rings up at $134 together.

If you just want DAW Essentials and don't want to wait for a sale, it's $89 at AudioDeluxe.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

ferez21 wrote: โ†‘Wed May 19, 2021 11:07 pm Are there any good effects bundles out there that cover all the DAW essentials (and more)?
Another option is AIR's Creative FX Collection Plus, which is on sale now for only $20. These are basically the stock DAW plugins for Pro Tools, so I assume they sound pretty good. I'd suggest buying it at ADSR so you get the free copy of MTurboEQ this month, which should have you pretty set up for vintage EQs too.
https://www.adsrsounds.com/product/soft ... tion-plus/
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

(something like the Air Music Tech effects bundle, but i wanna see if there are other options)

I've started using Acoustica Mixcraft 9 and i want a coherent set of default plugins to replace the random plugins that come with that DAW

Thanks!
Mixcraft comes with a number of ToneBoosters effects (the ones that start with TB), so check those out if you haven't. ToneBoosters plugins are well regarded and very affordable. If you like them, it might make sense to add to that collection - https://www.toneboosters.com

(something like the Air Music Tech effects bundle, but i wanna see if there are other options)

I've started using Acoustica Mixcraft 9 and i want a coherent set of default plugins to replace the random plugins that come with that DAW

Thanks!
Mixcraft 9 added the Toneboosters v3 plugins, they are better then anything else you are going to find cheap. You would need to step up to expensive plugins to get better quality then Toneboosters.

gerk wrote: โ†‘Wed May 19, 2021 11:50 pm

Thanks!
Mixcraft 9 added the Toneboosters v3 plugins, they are better then anything else you are going to find cheap. You would need to step up to expensive plugins to get better quality then Toneboosters.
Oh and don't brush off the G-Sonique plugins included, their analog modeling is very good.

Thanks!
I may have overlooked them after being frustrated that the compressor only has internal sidechain (no external), I'll give them a try, thanks.

gerk wrote: โ†‘Wed May 19, 2021 11:58 pm

Thanks!
Oh and don't brush off the G-Sonique plugins included, their analog modeling is very good.
Really? To me they always came off as SynthEdit-y kind of plugs, maybe because i do judge books by their covers :D

cowby wrote: โ†‘Tue May 18, 2021 9:08 am Uncle E, which upgrade should I buy from JRR if I already have Reason 11 suite? Thanks!
I will ask. It will probably take a few days for me to find out the answer.

Ou_Tis wrote: โ†‘Wed May 19, 2021 2:20 am At least they could say "almost all" in the subject line
I was going to put this in our newsletter but the timing didn't work out:

Almost only once a year :D

The iZotope Community Appreciation Bundle is on sale for $49 right now and gives you pretty much everything you need. Ozone Elements, Neutron Elements, Nectar Elements, and Excalibur all cover the jobs of multiple plugins:
https://www.jrrshop.com/izotope-communi ... ion-bundle

The Plug & Mix VIP Bundle has 50 plugins and goes on sale for $49 a few times per year:
https://www.jrrshop.com/plug-and-mix-vip-bundle

The Waves Abbey Road Collection is consistently high quality throughout and sometimes goes on sale for around $130-150:
https://www.jrrshop.com/waves-abbey-roa ... ion-native

Personally, I have no problem mixing with nothing other than the iZotope Music Production Suite (maybe add the Waves Abbey Road Collection for flavor). The iZotope Community Appreciation Bundle is basically a light version of it.

dermage wrote: โ†‘Thu May 20, 2021 3:16 am Almost only once a year :D
Hah! :D

There are only 364 other days a year that you can get a Waves plugin for $29.99. Sometimes 365!

Uncle E wrote: โ†‘Thu May 20, 2021 4:13 am
dermage wrote: โ†‘Thu May 20, 2021 3:16 am Almost only once a year :D
Hah! :D

There are only 364 other days a year that you can get a Waves plugin for $29.99. Sometimes 365!
There was a time when Waves plugins used to be $29. Then, they increased the price to $29.99 I think about a year or two ago. While $1 doesn't sound much for an individual, I think of it as a clever sales strategy considering the volume of customers and the huge catalogue they have. Not to mention the number of days they have (most of) their plugins for this price. :wink:

Uncle E wrote: โ†‘Thu May 20, 2021 4:10 am
The iZotope Community Appreciation Bundle is on sale for $49 right now and gives you pretty much everything you need. Ozone Elements, Neutron Elements, Nectar Elements, and Excalibur all cover the jobs of multiple plugins:
https://www.jrrshop.com/izotope-communi ... ion-bundle
An incredible deal

ferez21 wrote: โ†‘Thu May 20, 2021 12:19 am
gerk wrote: โ†‘Wed May 19, 2021 11:58 pm

Thanks!
Really? To me they always came off as SynthEdit-y kind of plugs, maybe because i do judge books by their covers :D
That is because they were made in SynthEdit, but with custom DSP.

Return to โ€œSell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)โ€