Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I came across Touch Loops website today. https://touchloops.com/

They have some amazing sounding sample packs. I wonder how I didn't come across them earlier. They have a free sample pack if you sign up along with a 30% off code for your first order + a free sample pack in your cart.

Most of their bundles are about $50 and have about 5 sample packs, which is a better option for using the 30% off code, considering a single sample pack costs about $20-30 on average.

I wonder if they have any special sales. EDIT: A Google search told me that they typically have 40-50% off sales during various seasons/occasions.

EDIT2: A lot of their sample packs are available on Splice too if you subscribed there. So better check their as well to avoid any duplication.
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Fri May 21, 2021 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

ferez21 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:07 pm Are there any good effects bundles out there that cover all the DAW essentials (and more)?
Preferably cheap, and good sounding 😀
+1 for Plug N Mix. Functional and simple consistent UI, as long as you catch the "everything for $49" deal. Kilohearts has similar benefits, but I think their "all effects" sale bundles are quite a bit more $$
Too many DAWs and plug-ins

BluesMuse wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 5:09 pm
ferez21 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:07 pm Are there any good effects bundles out there that cover all the DAW essentials (and more)?
Preferably cheap, and good sounding 😀
+1 for Plug N Mix. Functional and simple consistent UI, as long as you catch the "everything for $49" deal. Kilohearts has similar benefits, but I think their "all effects" sale bundles are quite a bit more $$
If you are going to go with Kilohearts, just sign up for their subscription. For $10 a month you get everything. All of their FX, the insane Phase Plant and all of their content packs. And after 12 months of subscribing you get a $100 coupon which you can use to buy full licenses of your favorite Kilohearts stuff incase you ever decided to quit subscribing. You can also just save up coupons every 12 months, they never expire. It by far the best deal in plugin subscriptions.
https://kilohearts.com/products/kilohearts_subscription

ferez21 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:07 pm ...
I've started using Acoustica Mixcraft 9 and i want a coherent set of default plugins to replace the random plugins that come with that DAW
Doesn't Mixcraft come with the full set of (older but still great) Tonebooster plugins ???

I got the Humble Bundle deal ($30), but I found the grand piano vst must be 32-bit, as Ableton does not find it. Am I right?
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:25 pm I got the Humble Bundle deal ($30), but I found the grand piano vst must be 32-bit, as Ableton does not find it. Am I right?
Yes. I've waited for Pianissimo to go to 64-bit for several years. It probably won't, I'm guessing.

G

Photo_G wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:36 pm
Dirtgrain wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:25 pm I got the Humble Bundle deal ($30), but I found the grand piano vst must be 32-bit, as Ableton does not find it. Am I right?
Yes. I've waited for Pianissimo to go to 64-bit for several years. It probably won't, I'm guessing.

G
This workaround might work for you if you can download via FTP. Ye olde Internet Explorer should do it you're on Windows.
https://forums.acoustica.com/viewtopic. ... 04773e8cac

Photo_G wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:36 pm

G
Pianoteq or nothing

Nobdi wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:18 pm
I've started using Acoustica Mixcraft 9 and i want a coherent set of default plugins to replace the random plugins that come with that DAW
Doesn't Mixcraft come with the full set of (older but still great) Tonebooster plugins ???
It does but they don't cover everything, for example they have 2 compressors but none of them supports sidechaining.

ferez21 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:15 am
It does but they don't cover everything, for example they have 2 compressors but none of them supports sidechaining.
TB FlX4 has sidechain input, you could use that.

But you honestly don't need in anyways in MC9, you can just use the Audio Controller function and link it to the Ratio knob, then tweak it to the amount you want.

gerk wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:48 am

But you honestly don't need in anyways in MC9, you can just use the Audio Controller function and link it to the Ratio knob, then tweak it to the amount you want.
That's true, i can definitely achieve sidechaining without any other tools.

My intention was to get a set of plugins with similar clean coherent interfaces to be used as my workhorse/go-to plugins. Mixcraft is a lovely DAW but on the plugin side, it can feel like a bit of a mess (or outdated) despite having tools to cover almost everything.
The Tracktion DAW essentials is pretty much the style of what i am after, eye pleasing interface and covers most grounds, i wonder if there are any other bundles like that.

Uncle E, any chance that you'll have the Waldorf Nave plugin at the 70% off price currently advertised elsewhere (eg Waldorf, Best Service, Thomann, etc)? Thanks in advance!

ferez21 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:30 am

My intention was to get a set of plugins with similar clean coherent interfaces to be used as my workhorse/go-to plugins. Mixcraft is a lovely DAW but on the plugin side, it can feel like a bit of a mess (or outdated) despite having tools to cover almost everything.
The Tracktion DAW essentials is pretty much the style of what i am after, eye pleasing interface and covers most grounds, i wonder if there are any other bundles like that.
If you feel you want a consistent set of UIs then that's a reasonable bundle - though it doesn't cover all bases (no comprehensive metering option and the controls on many of the effects are fairly basic), and it needn't cost you more than around $49 in sale time.

That said, OCD aside, consistent UIs are most useful when you are starting out, if you continue to make and record music, the chances are you are going to acquire other plugins for specific tasks anyway.

ferez21 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:30 am

Honestly, without spending a lot of money, options are pretty limited.
The DAW essential are alright, but I wouldn’t pay for them over the ToneBoosters Plugins. (I have both Mixcraft 9 Pro and Waveform 11 with DAW Essentials, so I have used both).
On the free side there is the Reaplugs VSTs from Reaper and Mfreebundle from Melda. I don’t think either one is better then what you have.
Some one mentioned the Plug and Mix bundle, but they have the same issues as Air Creative FX Bundle which is basic UIs with no feedback for what your changes are doing.
So, takes us out of the cheap options. Where do you look at next?
Well, you could look at the new IK Mixbox, but same thing as I just complained about, many basic UIs.
You could go subscription with Kilohearts. Or Slate Digital.
You could look at a Waves Bundle.
But the real step up is something like iZotope or Fabfilter. Neither of which ends up being affordable, but is where the real difference is from what you have now.

I just came across this plugin and I was surprised that I didn't see any news about it's release anywhere (only few videos on youtube), because it looks and sounds very good, especially for $20. I think more people should know about this plugin:
https://plugins.oversampled.us/products/ocs-45

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”