Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

WasteLand wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:11 pm
dzilizzi wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:50 pm Back to bargains. NI has confirmed that if you buy/register a version of Komplete 12 during September, you will get a free update to Komplete 13 of the same kind.

What makes this a bargain is that some sellers who have box versions of Komplete 12 updates/upgrades are selling them at half price. Unfortunately, I did not find any US sellers with the boxed edition. They are mostly European/UK resellers like Thomann - https://www.thomannmusic.com/native_ins ... update.htm

Good deal but includes shipping. However, you don't have to wait until next summer to get the update/upgrade.
how did NI confirm this?
A number of people at VI-Control verified with NI Support that any new Komplete 12 registered during September will get the free upgrade. I don't know if it works for resales, though I would guess not. It is a standard grace period thing. Most companies do this otherwise they get a lot of unhappy customers. And? It is only a deal for the half-priced box versions. The price for buying the download 12 version is the same you would pay for the 13 version.

Photo_G wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:32 pm It tells me that all of the iLok activation's have been used. :(

G
I get the same message. However, I own VMR and it appears to be a module for that from their download page. So I'm guessing if you already registered one module, you get all the free stuff.

Ah...I just needed to update VMR and they appeared. Thanks again!!

G

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:35 pm I would never buy that until NI gives a clear confirmation. While resellers seem to have that confirmed, I still think it is best to check with NI support, else it could end up in a disappointment.
Confirmed with NI myself, and I bought the K12U CE Upgrade, which will be updated to K13U CE automatically and for free in October. Insane deal for less, as initially I was looking at only K13U for the regular update price.

The deals are still available on Thomann for anyone interested. So better hurry.

I upgraded from 12 standard to 12 Ultimate today for 270€ and also will get the free 13 upgrade to ultimate in October. Reseller confirmed, too. Extremely Awesome!

The language I've read indicates that you need to register your Komplete code before Oct 1, so if you're in the U.S., make sure you'll get the package on time, including a margin for customs snafus and USPS delays (if you're using USPS).

I think Guitar Rig 5 is underappreciated and works great, but I'm still giddy about GR 6!

monomox wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:59 pm The language I've read indicates that you need to register your Komplete code before Oct 1, so if you're in the U.S., make sure you'll get the package on time, including a margin for customs snafus and USPS delays (if you're using USPS).
I'm out then. Unfortunately, we in the U.S. can't "make sure" we get our packages in time. It's up to customs, during a pandemic no less. I'm not risking it with only two weeks left until Oct. 1.

monomox wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:59 pm The language I've read indicates that you need to register your Komplete code before Oct 1, so if you're in the U.S., make sure you'll get the package on time, including a margin for customs snafus and USPS delays (if you're using USPS).
I ordered the K12 Update (from K8-11) from Gear4Music in the UK yesterday and chose expedited shipping to the US. It dispatched today, so I have my fingers crossed that it'll arrive on time. :pray:

Their web site says "FREE UPGRADE TO KOMPLETE 13: Purchase Komplete 12 today and receive a FREE upgrade to Komplete 13 on the 1st October 2020" and they have a "30-day money back guarantee included if returned unregistered and sealed", so there may be a return option if it's delivered way later than projected (Sept 17th via DHL). It looks like they still have 7 left in stock today!

https://www.gear4music.com/us/en/Record ... 8-K11/2NTW

G
Last edited by Photo_G on Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yehboy1 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:47 pm
I'm out then. Unfortunately, we in the U.S. can't "make sure" we get our packages in time. It's up to customs, during a pandemic no less. I'm not risking it with only two weeks left until Oct. 1.
Yeah that's generally not how these things work. Oct 1st is when K13 drops, not the last day you can register K12 and get K13 update fro free. Even if it was, no company wants the bad publicity of not granting upgrades to people during a pandemic etc. FWIW Gear 4 Music are very optimistic about delivery times 16-18 to Seattle here.

Thanks all of you that found and named these European vendors with half off K12 sales! Pretty cool to get the new update at next years prices. also from K10 to 13! :love:

machinesworking wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:13 pm Thanks all of you that found and named these European vendors with half off K12 sales! Pretty cool to get the new update at next years prices. also from K10 to 13! :love:
+100! I'm going from K9 to K13 at a big discount, so I'm very thankful to dzilizzi and the KVR team! :clap:

G
Last edited by Photo_G on Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Someone on VIC has already stated that Thomann shipped them a drive from Germany to the USA in 2 days.

Some of these shops my be willing to give you the serial number before shipping them out. When I bought Komplete 11 from Time+Space a few years ago, they emailed me the serial number. Same when I ordered the K12U upgrade from JRRShop. Wouldn't hurt to ask, right?

quietzone wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:36 pm Poll regarding presets in the NO Chat thread done.

Thank you to everyone who took it seriously and participated.
Why was the poll thread removed? :(

Did anyone keep the final tally? Last I saw it was around 65% in favor of splitting the threads.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

Ceej wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:04 am Please excuse a one-time non-deal post.

After discussion and poll in the chat thread, a new Bargains thread specifically for sales of Preset Packs has been created. The intent is for that thread to contain all such sales and discount offers, and for such offers to no longer be posted here in the Bargain Center NO CHAT thread. In this way, people who are interested in such deals can subscribe to both threads, while people who are only interested in Preset deals or non-Preset deals can subscribe to the thread which suits their interests.

We are working on getting the new thread Stickied, and the first post on this NO CHAT thread updated to include a link to that thread.

Preset vendors! Please, going forward, post your offers and sales in the new thread made specifically for that purpose:

Bargain Center: Preset Packs Sales and Announcements Thread
Best to give the new thread a proper title.
Included: Samples, presets, IR's and what other content etc.?
Perhaps rename the Bargain Center (Bargains ONLY; NO Chat) to reflect the change?

Will there be a thread:
Bargain Center Samples and Presets: discussion, gossip, etc.

Edit: I see it has a title:
Bargain Center: Preset Packs Sales and Announcements Thread

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”