Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

quietzone wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:55 pm
revvy wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:49 pm
quietzone wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:47 pm
revvy wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:42 pm Did anyone find out if an RX Elements 7 license that's not been activated yet magically converts into an Elements 8 license?
If it was a freebie I'd say no, though izotope freebie serials are not different to retail ones from what I've seen. Like the current trash2 PB freebie looks like a regular retail one, with no mention of NFR on the serial. Definitely worth registering it and reaching out to support for grace period. izotope support is friendly and competent, and may grant the update for free.
Cheers.

Yea, it was the freebie. Thing is I don't need it, I've got Advanced, was just wondering whether it's worth giving it away.
For sure, probably the most useful of the Element series. Still at version 7 it'd be one hell of a plugin to get for free for someone starting out. And it can most likely be used as an upgrade path down the road, since it most likely counts as a paid retail license when it comes to upgrades.
I'll put it up at the weekend.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

dzilizzi wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:10 pm Back to the NI discussion. I bought from Thomann on 9/10 afternoon (PST), live in California, and received the drive on 9/14 late morning. No hold ups. They used UPS 2 day. It costs about $25 to ship, but then, I'm getting this 9 months earlier than I would have otherwise. No stop in Customs that I know of.

I haven't heard anything from NI about the free upgrade to 13. Some say they got an email. But I just registered yesterday. I did hear if you don't register by 10/1, you won't get it without showing proof of purchase in September.
As per my knowledge, there is no notification at the moment after registering Komplete bundle. Only once Komplete 13 is out will there be a notification (hopefully), else we just need to see in our account.

I will wait then. I don't want to inundate NI with a bunch of emails that say the same thing.

Ceej wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:50 am
Hink wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:07 am Also of course the no chat posts are history, no chat is no chat
Appears that was directed at my post and the follow-ups thereto, so I apologize.

@Hink, as a site admin, would you be able to sticky the new preset packs thread? And can you suggest how we should inform preset vendors of the new thread?
I can if it's decided to be so, we need to talk it over among the mods and Ben. I voted in that thread "I dont care"...fact is if the majority of the members want it I'm inclined to go with that but it's not my decision to make.

I will say I do have a concern, the Sell & Buy forum is a pita, look at my stickies about the 48 hour bump rule. They are up because no one likes to read the rules and we get tons of reports all the time on the bump rule as well as multiple threads. The point being I put two stickies and now no one reads the rules or my stickies.

I cant answer how to inform the vendors because the fact is people do not read the rules on forums in general, they assume the rules are what they expect them to be. The result will be myself and mods moving posts and sending out PMs a lot, especially at first. TBH I have no problem with that, it is what it is and if the majority of the members are wanting this I will advocate for this...please give us time to sort this some and please people use the poll thread, discuss it in one place so we can get a better grasp and I will prune the thread of further OT rants, attacks and such. :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I ordered the 12 Ultimate Upgrade yesterday and it arrived today - benefits of being in Germany. Nice thing is that it came with a SSD. So I am paying 280€ over 6 months, have Ultimate now, 13 in October and a free 500gb SSD drive. Not bad.

Photo_G wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:17 pm
monomox wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:59 pm The language I've read indicates that you need to register your Komplete code before Oct 1, so if you're in the U.S., make sure you'll get the package on time, including a margin for customs snafus and USPS delays (if you're using USPS).
I ordered the K12 Update (from K8-11) from Gear4Music in the UK yesterday and chose expedited shipping to the US. It dispatched today, so I have my fingers crossed that it'll arrive on time. :pray:

https://www.gear4music.com/us/en/Record ... 8-K11/2NTW

G
Update: I received the package today, so DHL was able to deliver to the US in only two days! The box also says that the update is for owners of Komplete 2-11, which is better than what it says at the link above (i.e., 8-11), and it came on a USB 3.0 hard drive!

G

Very nice guys. :tu:
gondii wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:14 pm I ordered the 12 Ultimate Upgrade yesterday and it arrived today - benefits of being in Germany. Nice thing is that it came with a SSD. So I am paying 280€ over 6 months, have Ultimate now, 13 in October and a free 500gb SSD drive. Not bad.
Sweet deal indeed. Didn't notice K12U (Update version) drive is an SSD! Need to connect again and check. So, are you planning to wipe out the SSD and use it for other purposes?

Ceej wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:40 am
revvy wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:22 am Can I suggest that the chat about the separate thread goes on in a separate thread? The one Hink linked to seems ideal. Or if not there, somebody could create a poll about my suggestion and we could discuss there.
All the useful discussion about this happened last week (most recently, anyway - it's come up a number of times in the past as well, which is the main reason to want to sort it out once and for all). All that remains is to figure out how to Sticky the new thread, and then announce it to the vendors and those KVR members that would be interested in subscribing.
if you keep talking incessantly about this it'll sticky itself, that's how it works

dzilizzi wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:10 pm Back to the NI discussion. I bought from Thomann on 9/10 afternoon (PST), live in California, and received the drive on 9/14 late morning. No hold ups. They used UPS 2 day. It costs about $25 to ship, but then, I'm getting this 9 months earlier than I would have otherwise. No stop in Customs that I know of.

I haven't heard anything from NI about the free upgrade to 13. Some say they got an email. But I just registered yesterday. I did hear if you don't register by 10/1, you won't get it without showing proof of purchase in September.
I bought mine over the weekend and got a notification that the delivery is scheduled for today at the end of day!! I'm in the U.S., too!! Woooot! Early x-mas present to me!

gondii wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:14 pm I ordered the 12 Ultimate Upgrade yesterday and it arrived today - benefits of being in Germany. Nice thing is that it came with a SSD. So I am paying 280€ over 6 months, have Ultimate now, 13 in October and a free 500gb SSD drive. Not bad.
man, I hope I get an SSD too

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:30 pm Sweet deal indeed. Didn't notice K12U (Update version) drive is an SSD! Need to connect again and check. So, are you planning to wipe out the SSD and use it for other purposes?
Oh, I just assumed like you get with the Arturia collection. Reading up it appears that it's for installation only and the HD cannot be wiped or used for other purposes. Well,.. bummer, but I wasn't expecting it anyway... on the plus side, the installation is almost done.

How you get this price? I have K11U and it says 388,94€ for the update. You don't even said update but uprgade which is normally pricier but 280€? Wow! :hihi:
Last edited by mladi on Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

gondii wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:55 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:30 pm Sweet deal indeed. Didn't notice K12U (Update version) drive is an SSD! Need to connect again and check. So, are you planning to wipe out the SSD and use it for other purposes?
Oh, I just assumed like you get with the Arturia collection. Reading up it appears that it's for installation only and the HD cannot be wiped or used for other purposes. Well,.. bummer, but I wasn't expecting it anyway...
Yeah, exactly. I knew of it being just a HDD, so just wondered how come it is an SSD now. I agree, it's not very important.

Although for any Komplete Ultimate or CE version it is "nice to have" the HDD as it saves you tons of bandwidth (some libraries are like 30 GB!) and you can install/reinstall the products without internet connection whenever needed.

mladi wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:57 pm How you get this price? I have K11U and it says 388,94€.

Since K13 was announced, a lot of the resellers are selling 12 and upgrades for low prices to get rid of them. And If you purchase and register any K12 products in September, you get a free upgrade to 13 in October. So you want to check the reseller websites to get 50% or more off.

I ordered here: https://www.musikhaus-korn.de/en but there are others.

Thank you goondi now i get it! Update K11U -> K12U (free K13U)is only 175€.. I don't think it can get much lower on any sale.. :tu:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”