Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

concealed identity wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:48 am That's the term used for when you spin back a record really quickly, so it presumably reverses the audio in a way that mimics that.
Nice. Makes sense. "REWIND MISTA SELECTA!"

paolostylo wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:36 pm Ah, with this bundle they're now beginning to imitate Universal Audio... :wink:
But you're absolutely right: it is a pretty good deal... :tu:
Insanely good deal. Worth it for Model 84 or British Class A alone, not to mention together. I'd buy it if I didn't already own both of those.

paolostylo wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:36 pm Ah, with this bundle they're now beginning to imitate Universal Audio... :wink:
I think it's even better than UA.

1) You can use machine-based authorisation

2) If you want to sell their plugins later down the line, you can do that. UAD native doesn't allow that afaik.

Softube are quite expensive for me, but all the little stuff I have from them is truly top-notch and indispensable.

Digivolt wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:32 pm https://www.softube.com/essentials-collection

Pretty good deal from Softube

$49 - Tape, Model 84, Wasted Space, British Class A, FET Comp

Even cheaper if you own some things from the bundle to upgrade, I owned Tape so it was $39, although when you go through ilok it removes your tape license in exchange for a bundle license which may put some off if it comes to resale
I already own 3 of the products in the bundle and my price was the same as yours.

It seems that the the only upgrade discount is 10 EUR no matter how many products you own.
Check out my OSC (One Synth Challenge) entries and more Logic Pro sequences on SoundCloud and YouTube.

TBlake wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:22 pm
Digivolt wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:32 pm https://www.softube.com/essentials-collection
Even cheaper if you own some things from the bundle to upgrade, I owned Tape so it was $39...
I already own 3 of the products in the bundle and my price was the same as yours.
I talked about this with their support. As they said, the upgrades work like this (I asked them about the Icons Collection upgrade, while having VCA and OPTO some time ago):
The Icons bundle upgrade prices are based on the most expensive plug-in or bundle in the bundle that you already have a license for but not on the number of licenses you already own.
I thought that it was based on the number of licenses, but turns out that's not the case. As far as I know, that applies to all bundle upgrades they offer.

wayford wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:47 pm
I think it's even better than UA.

1) You can use machine-based authorisation

2) If you want to sell their plugins later down the line, you can do that. UAD native doesn't allow that afaik.

Softube are quite expensive for me, but all the little stuff I have from them is truly top-notch and indispensable.
It's worth pointing out that, at least as per the FAQ, you can only resale bundle licenses as a bundle, and not individually.

Also, if buying a bundle with a product you already own replaces that license with a bundle license, like someone pointed out earlier, I would hope that customer support could help with this if you wanted to trade the new license, but I have no idea if that's the case.

Why do devs like Reveal Sound put their products on sale for something like $89 or $99 during the holidays but then have a "sale" with the same darned thing for $129 mid-year? It just seems weird.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Gribs wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:59 pm Why do devs like Reveal Sound put their products on sale for something like $89 or $99 during the holidays but then have a "sale" with the same darned thing for $129 mid-year? It just seems weird.
That's how they getcha. If sales occur that frequently that's just the de facto price of the software with a little FOMO thrown in.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Honestly I think some developers don't put their plugins on deep sale because that essentially becomes the new price in people's minds, and a lot of people complain about lesser sales after that (not saying Gribs is doing this, I've seen this quite a bit on here and elsewhere).

concealed identity wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:05 pm Honestly I think some developers don't put their plugins on deep sale because that essentially becomes the new price in people's minds, and a lot of people complain about lesser sales after that (not saying Gribs is doing this, I've seen this quite a bit on here and elsewhere).
I am not complaining and I am not thinking about buying it. If I wanted the software I would have purchased it a long time ago. It just jumped out at me this time; I noticed it and my silly brain asked "why are they doing this?" Maybe the idea is to generate sales during the holiday times by making it the best sale ever. I just think it is weird.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Pretty normal behavior. The best deals will always be around Black Friday. If someone really wants it, it probably isn’t worth waiting 7 months just to save $30. OTOH, if someone doesn’t really want it, they might just get it during Black Friday out of (aforementioned) FOMO.

Hi there, anyone has a spare $50 plugin alliance voucher they won't be using this month? I'm looking at a plugin but it's still out of my price range. Would be eternally grateful!

wfm wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:02 am So on the 5 item KROTOS Humble Bundle deal. It says Studio expires after 90 days. Does that mean that the associated 51GB Library is no longer usable? Or is the library .wav and you can still use the SFX? Thanks to anyone in the know.
Grabbed this earlier, and yeah you get 50GB+ of DRM-free samples along with the rest of it. Im trying out Krotos Studio for fun, but probably wont keep it beyond the 90 days because I just dont do enough cinematic or game sound design. The Concept2 synth isnt bad.

Regarding the "Randomachine" plugin that United Plugins is giving away, I would say it isnt worth the time to download it. It is one of the most useless plugins Ive found in 20 years, and basically just cycles through basic channel settings like panning, adds a little distorted sound, changes pitch a little, and generally sounds 1 dimensional and boring. Any number of old, cheap, throwaway processors from Glitchmachines, Cableguys, etc, could do more than this does. Any average DAW can do everything this does.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”