Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I’ve mentioned this elsewhere but it is now a year since Softube released a new module for Modular. Would be nice to know if they intend to or consider this a complete product now.

SHall1000 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:30 am I’ve mentioned this elsewhere but it is now a year since Softube released a new module for Modular. Would be nice to know if they intend to or consider this a complete product now.
Considering you can buy Voltage Modular Core on its seemingly neverending sales, or the Toybox synth bundle for the cost of certain Softube modules, there seems to be more competion than when they started. The sound quality may be better, but I don't have the original modules to judge, but given that there's more to modular generally than just analog synths, not sure authenticity is always key to market share.

SHall1000 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:30 am I’ve mentioned this elsewhere but it is now a year since Softube released a new module for Modular. Would be nice to know if they intend to or consider this a complete product now.
Missing new releases for Modular, but to be honest, i have plently of fun with the current modules.

shonky wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:34 am
Considering you can buy Voltage Modular Core on its seemingly neverending sales, or the Toybox synth bundle for the cost of certain Softube modules, there seems to be more competion than when they started. The sound quality may be better, but I don't have the original modules to judge, but given that there's more to modular generally than just analog synths, not sure authenticity is always key to market share.
IMHO, Modular, VM and Reaktor are different beasts somehow , each one has its own strenths and complements each other very well, would not consider them competitors rathen than complementary plugins.

Uncle E wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:35 pm Softube is announcing something big tomorrow. I’m really into the sound of analog consoles and this is the first plugin that makes me feel like I can put all that behind me.
Sorry to ask. But I do not understand... The livestream seems more like a standard stream with the Softube people to promote them in the current situation. It does not mention anything about a new product. Why would not mention something like this?

Thanks!

thanks for the replies of PA vs Softtube. Unfortunately I'd been put off by the gobbler thing and so hadn't tried any. Now I see the gobbler thing is no longer involved so I started thinking about them again. The Oto Biscuit thing looked interesting but I'll need to wait for a sale.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

Looked into Softube Volume 4. While not as crazily priced as Eventide's Anthology, even though I own a few Softube products courtesy of an old Focusrite interface none of them get counted towards the discount (fair enough) and only Parallels seems to, that brings the €799 down to €599 and then another 30% off with the current deal code brings it down to €419 which is too rich for my blood right now. I'd think differently if I was crying out for a drum machine, a modular, a bit crusher etc, but I've got at least one if not a half dozen of pretty much everything they produce already even if it isn't the topmost quality my old ears probably couldn't tell enough of a difference to make it worthwhile and that €419 represents a couple of months of hobby plugin money to me. YMMV

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:04 pm Looked into Softube Volume 4. While not as crazily priced as Eventide's Anthology, even though I own a few Softube products courtesy of an old Focusrite interface none of them get counted towards the discount (fair enough) and only Parallels seems to, that brings the €799 down to €599 and then another 30% off with the current deal code brings it down to €419 which is too rich for my blood right now. I'd think differently if I was crying out for a drum machine, a modular, a bit crusher etc, but I've got at least one if not a half dozen of pretty much everything they produce already even if it isn't the topmost quality my old ears probably couldn't tell enough of a difference to make it worthwhile and that €419 represents a couple of months of hobby plugin money to me. YMMV
Exactly, I own 4 of them through Focusrite but to me there is nothing in there that would justify the cost. It's BS that they call it $4000 value because it isn't. As I said, Softube is good but this feels like a 200-300$ bundle and even than I'd wait for a sale. Soundtoys for example is way better value on sale for $150

Terrible livestream. Spent 20 minutes watching someone hi-pass drums lol.

Are console 1's always excluded from sales on most sites? Intrigued by the Fader now that it works properly with Ableton, but I can't drop 700 in a pandemic...

illwillis wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:33 pm I can't drop 700 in a pandemic...
I can hear the ghost of GAS it whispers
YOLO
YOLO
YOLO
:evil:

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

cclarry wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:52 pm A HUGE 96% discount on Sonuscore's Origins bundle
in aid of COVID-19. Down from €249.99 to €9.99 for 24 hours only!

Requires Kontakt Full to work.

Here's SonuScore's statement:

"We are all facing crazy and difficult times right now. What concerns us most is that there are areas in the world being hit disproportionately hard from the Corona pandemic. Less developed countries, war and crisis regions with now scant help from outside, increasing already existing structural problems.

We offer a really, really huge discount of 96% on our Origins Bundle, which directly comes from us, with no other distribution partner involved. We will send donations to regions that are being hit particularly hard at the moment. The organizations that we’ll support are World Health Organization & Caritas – International Aid"

https://sonuscore.com/shop/origins-bund ... FEkU4QpC3A
Wow. Thats an incredible gift. I own the 12 String Balalaika and its fantastic in a mix. Ive wanted to own all and now for $10 I have them... wow.. Highly recommend!

illwillis wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:33 pm Terrible livestream. Spent 20 minutes watching someone hi-pass drums lol.

Are console 1's always excluded from sales on most sites? Intrigued by the Fader now that it works properly with Ableton, but I can't drop 700 in a pandemic...
Sorry to hear it. Did they never get to their new product? I was sure they'd be announcing it. We'll be putting it on JRR Shop tomorrow morning.

Uncle E wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:04 pm
illwillis wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:33 pm Terrible livestream. Spent 20 minutes watching someone hi-pass drums lol.

Sorry to hear it. Did they never get to their new product? I was sure they'd be announcing it. We'll be putting it on JRR Shop tomorrow morning.
What's the new product Uncle E, will it be affordable? :)

Softube and affordable don't go together well in a sentence. :(

Ploki wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:15 pm Softube and affordable don't go together well in a sentence. :(
Shame isn't it, they do make damn fine products though.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”