Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Are ProductionVoices libraries transferable?

skyscape wrote:1 day sale for the excellent Fathom modular synth - total nobrainer at $12
http://www.fathomsynth.com
this is a weird-ass thing to use, but I'm liking what it can do so far. a ton of synthesis for $12.

Uncle E wrote:If it is a single iLok license for the entire bundle, I believe it will be $25. If the plugins in the bundle have individual iLok licenses, I believe it will be $50. Basically, the transfer fee is $50 for 2 or more individual iLok licenses.
Can confirm this. Sold a “locked bundle” of Slate plugins to someone and it was $25.

counterparty wrote:I use Reaper, and it's getting the direct access so that you don't have to print your tracks into the plugin before tuning. I guess the alternative to Melodyne Studio is Revoice (which is a bit more expensive, but does aligning as well as pitch correction). Any thoughts?
You're going to love it. ARA compatibility was the main thing that made me switch from Cubase to Studio One. Revoice is not ARA compatible but VocALign Pro and Project are. ReVoice's pitch correction won some big, quasi-official blind test and I personally thought it sounded better than Melodyne in that test but I still prefer to use Melodyne because of ARA.

Uncle E wrote:
counterparty wrote:I use Reaper, and it's getting the direct access so that you don't have to print your tracks into the plugin before tuning. I guess the alternative to Melodyne Studio is Revoice (which is a bit more expensive, but does aligning as well as pitch correction). Any thoughts?
You're going to love it. ARA compatibility was the main thing that made me switch from Cubase to Studio One. Revoice is not ARA compatible but VocALign Pro and Project are. ReVoice's pitch correction won some big, quasi-official blind test and I personally thought it sounded better than Melodyne in that test but I still prefer to use Melodyne because of ARA.
So, one should wait....either ReVoice upgrade with ARA, or Melodyne 5, with a better quality pitch correction. :party:
I own Melodyne 3 editor and plugin, never upgraded to the Melodyne 4, because the core of the software, quality of the vocal pitch correction was not improved at all.
I could upgrade my Melodyne 3 to 4, just because of the ARA and versatile polyfonic editing, but as we can see in the above sales price chart, you pay the same money of upgrading the earlier versions (Studio 1 etc.). I think the upgrade price 3->4 should be lower than that, e.g. $ 69. With the JRR discount, that would be lucrative.
I´m afraid that when the Melodyne 5 comes (soon?), the upgrade price for the ver. 4 owners are the same as for the earlier version, as here in this case.

BTW - does the Melodyne 4 support Win 10 iLok licensing? The Melodyne 3 didn´t work, here´s the Celomony reply: "The older Melodyne versions have older iLok libraries in them which can cause issues on latest Windows 64 bit systems. That’s why the issue here can show up, especially on Windows 10. Best wishes, Jörg Hüttner".

Harry_HH wrote:BTW - does the Melodyne 4 support Win 10 iLok licensing? The Melodyne 3 didn´t work, here´s the Celomony reply: "The older Melodyne versions have older iLok libraries in them which can cause issues on latest Windows 64 bit systems. That’s why the issue here can show up, especially on Windows 10. Best wishes, Jörg Hüttner".
We sell a lot of Melodyne 4 and I haven't heard anyone report issues with Windows 10.

Uncle E wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:BTW - does the Melodyne 4 support Win 10 iLok licensing? The Melodyne 3 didn´t work, here´s the Celomony reply: "The older Melodyne versions have older iLok libraries in them which can cause issues on latest Windows 64 bit systems. That’s why the issue here can show up, especially on Windows 10. Best wishes, Jörg Hüttner".
We sell a lot of Melodyne 4 and I haven't heard anyone report issues with Windows 10.
Works fine here on Win 10, I upgraded to Melodyne Studio in 2016 when the last big upgrade sale was on , same price as now AFAIK.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Uncle E wrote:
Works fine here on Win 10, I upgraded to Melodyne Studio in 2016 when the last big upgrade sale was on , same price as now AFAIK.
Good to know. The upgrade pricing policy is a not the most tempting. And because my main DAW is based on the Live, the multi-editing several tracks in one view (ARA) doesn´t work, which is really unfortunate. I wonder why the Ableton/Celemony couldn´t fix that for the Live 10?
The plus sides in the Melodyne 4.1 are, improved GUI, and some work flows improvements.

Harry_HH wrote: And because my main DAW is based on the Live, the multi-editing several tracks in one view (ARA) doesn´t work, which is really unfortunate. I wonder why the Ableton/Celemony couldn´t fix that for the Live 10?
Ableton hasnt implemented ARA yet.
I dont imagine its trivial.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Uncle E wrote:
Thanks - it helps to hear from people who have experience of both. I saw that shootout (if it is this one), and the results were fairly mixed - the difference between the highest and lowest rated was 10%.

ARA is a big selling point for me. Having played with the Melodyne demo, Studio also offers a quantization-to-lead-vocal feature (although unlikely to be as good as Revoice). Ultimately, I guess I might end up getting both Melodyne (for pitch correction) and Revoice (for aligning and possibly pitch correction if there are instances where Melodyne does a bad job). The upgrade from Melodyne Essential to Studio in this sale and Revoice at full price are each a couple of months plugin money for me, so it's certainly possible.

Anyway, thanks for your insight.

I guess Apple is eying Melodyne.
Here’s hoping Studio will be part of Logic Pro.

Harry_HH wrote:So, one should wait....either ReVoice upgrade with ARA, or Melodyne 5, with a better quality pitch correction. :party:
I own Melodyne 3 editor and plugin, never upgraded to the Melodyne 4, because the core of the software, quality of the vocal pitch correction was not improved at all.
I could upgrade my Melodyne 3 to 4, just because of the ARA and versatile polyfonic editing, but as we can see in the above sales price chart, you pay the same money of upgrading the earlier versions (Studio 1 etc.). I think the upgrade price 3->4 should be lower than that, e.g. $ 69. With the JRR discount, that would be lucrative.
I´m afraid that when the Melodyne 5 comes (soon?), the upgrade price for the ver. 4 owners are the same as for the earlier version, as here in this case.
I think that Melodyne 5 will come soon too - they tend to do these big sales so that they can get as many people as possible to give them as much as possible for the old version and get them on the upgrade train :party:

I have songs that I'm working on at the moment that Studio could be useful for - currently I'm using Waves Tune (which is like keyhole surgery wearing oven gloves). I'm tempted to get Studio 4 now and upgrade to 5 when it comes out rather than waiting for a sale on 5 or a Revoice sale. Probably not the best value for money, but... :borg: :phones: :party:

Anyway, thanks for your comments.

Fleer wrote:I guess Apple is eying Melodyne.
Please don't Alchemy it!

Fleer wrote:I guess Apple is eying Melodyne.
That would fit. Celemony sell first the Melodyne on sale to all pc-users, and then sells the whole company (product) to the Apple, which will finnish the pc version development and kill it.
Exactly same as the Emagic did with the Logic, years back, when they showed the middle finger to their loayl clients, which helped to build up the company 1990 onwards.
Business is business, and Moses is Moses. :party: :evil: :scared:

Certainly any Apple rumours will stump the upgrade offer for those informed Windows users! :?

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”