Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

[hardware]
JPTR FX pedals -15%, I pre-ordered a Super Weirdo :party: for which the discount is valid until june 10th IIRC.
https://reverb.com/be/shop/jptr-fx

monomox wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:49 pm Is there much difference between Ozone Elements 8 and 9? I have 8 and am feeling lazy about jumping the hoops to get 9 for free, LOL
it's too late now isn't it? I just signed up and got nothing.

edited: I take back what i said earlier it's still there but hurry.

https://splice.com/plugins/38774457-ozo ... by-izotope
Last edited by D.Wako on Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
What ever!

Vleker wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:59 pm So which Sampletekk libraries would be worth getting?
Get at least Worra's Prophet for $1.5. Can't go wrong.

By the way, I downloaded for Kontakt, but it contains .fxp (and .exs) files too. I wonder how to really use the .fxp format. I tried in RP Albino 3 but they don't work. Any idea what other plugins can accept .fxp format?

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:10 am
Vleker wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:59 pm So which Sampletekk libraries would be worth getting?

By the way, I downloaded for Kontakt, but it contains .fxp (and .exs) files too. I wonder how to really use the .fxp format. I tried in RP Albino 3 but they don't work. Any idea what other plugins can accept .fxp format?
I'll check it out, thanks. Doesn't serum use fxp?

Vleker wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:41 am

I'll check it out, thanks. Doesn't serum use fxp?
Welcome!
I don't have Serum, but I tried in some other synths and it did not work. I will stick to Kontakt.

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:00 pm
Ou_Tis wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:15 pm How's the INIL Choir's playability? I'd guess it doesn't have anything like legato?

I'm thinking of Rain Piano MK2 or Vertikal. Currently the only good uprights I have are Tom Thumb Piano and Addictive Keys. I love the description of Rain Piano, but I doubt it will actually make people think of Tom Waits. Are its 11 velocity layers enough to take the place of round robins? Listening to the demo with that in mind, it seemed more like a looped sample than the same motif being played repeatedly (then again, with most contemporary genres there's nothing wrong with looping a sample). Vertikal has I think 16 velocity layers. Is Rain harder to fit in a mix?
Onto something else now, but will try and check all that out later.
I picked up both the Rain MK2 and Vertikal, I downloaded today, but haven't Installed them yet. Should have time tomorrow. The sale will end soon though. It was actually a presale to the 70% off summer sale, if I remember correctly. Not sure when the full sale starts, but they said the presale code will end then. For the price, I liked the demos.

Edit: the 90% sale ends on June 8th or maybe 7th as it says the Summer Sale starts June 8th

adamjay wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:29 am Does anyone know if purchasers of the iZotope $49 Music Makers Bundle are eligible for this crossgrade:
https://www.jrrshop.com/izotope-tonal-b ... crossgrade
Yes, it's eligible.

Ou_Tis wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:19 pm A lot of the sounds aren't my cup of my meat, but there are some I love:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX6WBxk9CkE
Worth it for that first sound alone. Truth be told, that's the only sound I liked in that video but it's incredible. Strobe is capable of much more than those other sounds.

telecode wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:54 pm one thing to keep in mind during this pandemic. not all people from all income levels are experiencing the pandemic equally. you do not want to be a poor person who does not have the luxury of working a white collar job and working remotely to be locked in your home not being able to make any income for 2 months.
A Swedish statistician figured out that the money lost quarantining people from COVID could have saved 100 times as many people from other causes. It's not a linear equation because who knows if the money would ever have gone to helping them (doubtful) but it's something to keep in mind.

telecode wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:38 am All I can tell you is, the homeless situation is getting bad. Basically, when the crazy over crowded metropolitan city of Toronto is locked down and the crazy crowds of millennials, trendy faukers and rich faukers are hiding at home, the poor and homeless are really visible in the city. They are on every corner asking for change. You see, when you lockdown a population in their homes, it's kind of hard to lock down homeless people because, well, they don't have a home to hide from the COVID virus.
Ironically, here in Los Angeles, doctors are guessing that the relatively low number of COVID-related deaths among the homeless is because they're outside and not couped up with the virus!

Digivolt wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:11 am CTC-1 is 50% at presonus at the moment, will you be adding the sale also ?
It's not available to us currently. I'll check with them on Monday.

Uncle E wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:07 am
telecode wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:54 pm one thing to keep in mind during this pandemic. not all people from all income levels are experiencing the pandemic equally. you do not want to be a poor person who does not have the luxury of working a white collar job and working remotely to be locked in your home not being able to make any income for 2 months.
A Swedish statistician figured out that the money lost quarantining people from COVID could have saved 100 times as many people from other causes. It's not a linear equation because who knows if the money would ever have gone to helping them (doubtful) but it's something to keep in mind.
Now do the same calculations with military spending and tax avoidance schemes.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

monomox wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:49 pm Is there much difference between Ozone Elements 8 and 9? I have 8 and am feeling lazy about jumping the hoops to get 9 for free, LOL
I take back what i said earlier it's still there but hurry.

https://splice.com/plugins/38774457-ozo ... by-izotope
What ever!

Sciurus wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:24 am The upgrade from Melodyne Assistant 4 to 5 is $49 or thereabouts now, but is that price permanent or some sort of intro offer? Asking because it says "$71.00 $43.59" at Everyplugin.
It's permanent, not an offer. There's no promos by Celemony right now.
The 71.00 stems from our system's way of calculating the upgrade options.

I think the fxp it's for Steinberg Halion. Fxp it's not a specific plug-in format, it's (was) the universal format for VST2 plug-ins

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”