Blue Cat's Remote Control 2.2 Released

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A new version of Blue Cat's Remote Control is out. Check it out!

And tell us here what you think about the new parameters names customization capability!
Last edited by Blue Cat Audio on Sat May 08, 2010 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
I'm testing this out in Ableton Live. The parameter name customization is great, however if you map the custom named parameter to a MIDI control in Ableton Live, the custom name doesn't come through to Ableton. For example, if you rename "C1" to "Filter", then map that to a MIDI control in Live, the label in Live is still "C1".

Also, I'm a bit confused about how to get the MIDI data back out of the VST from Live. I've applied the VST to an audio track as described in the manual but I don't see how to map the MIDI output of the VST to a MIDI track in Live. Can you give me a pointer?

Thanks!
Blue Cat Audio wrote:A new version of Blue Cat's Remote Control (http://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_RemoteControl) is out. Check it out!

And tell us here what you think about the new parameters names customization capability!

Hi,

thanks for giving a try to our plugin! The name change is indeed limited to the plugin user interface for the moment, because all hosts and plugin formats do not let you dynamically change the names of the exposed parameters. Improvements are under investigation.

For VST MIDI Output routing, this tutorial should help you set it up in Live:
http://www.bluecataudio.com/Tutorials/T ... letonLive/
(it uses the Digital Peak Meter Pro plugin but it is also applicable to the Remote Control).

Hope this helps.

I anticipate that this would enable me to create preset snapshots that could be activated via a midi controller. Inside sonar that would make it a live ap to use for switching amp sims and presets. If I can make this work from an fcb1010 whooa.

Yes indeed, it should enable you to do that. I am not sure Sonar will let you change programs for a plugin from a MIDI controller (it's worth checking though, Sonar's MIDI capabilities have been extended lately). You'll have to wait for our next version with MIDI control change support otherwise :).

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”