Help with Zebra!!! Argh!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OK...trying to install one of my absolute most favorite instruments on my new Windows 7, multi-core, Sonar 8.5.1 X64bit machine. When I pull up Zebra after the scan I get a totally white window. No graphics. If I start clicking around in the white window, various parts of the interface show up. A filter or whatever but in no discernable pattern. It was showing up just fine in my previous installation on a X32 machine. It's exhibiting the same behavior after successive installs. I just nuked the *.dll and the program files. I didn't do anything in the registry. (I should add that the *.dll files are in the VST folder and the program files are in the Program Files folder.)

I haven't seen any pertaining to Zebra having trouble with Windows 7 or late model Sonar so I'm figuring I'm doing some really ridiculously stupid. Can any of you fine folk help me out. I'm going into Zebra withdrawal and it ain't pleasant. Thanks! (I should add that the *.dll files are in the VST folder and the program files are in the Program Files folder.)

Eeeek. I'm just back from a friend's birthday party and certainly not in the mental condition to help.

I can check tomorrow if I have a 2.5 around that uses the new installation features where you can have the resource files *anywhere* on your computer. This should solve all troubles with Vista and W7 but it may require one to look into an installation manual.

You should try opening it in savi-host, to see if it's just a problem in sonar. You can get that here. You have to read the instructions, as you need to do a dll name change thing to get it to work.
Here:
http://www.hermannseib.com/english/savihost.htm

Thanks, Urs. The Interface opens up in SAVIhost...no problem.

Just reporting back that Sonar 8.5.2 seems to have addressed my issues. My gratitude is boundless. I haven't put it through its paces yet but I'm getting a user interface and sound is coming out. Excellent!!

Return to “u-he”