list of midi CC

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey Urs,

do you have a list flying around where one could se all the numbers of midi CC listed up?

would be nice to have..

thanks,

Mark

On Mac you can see your MIDI learned CC Numbers here:

MacHD/Users/You/Library/Application Support/u-he/com.u-he.PluginNmae.midimap.txt

Just open in TextEdit and print.

If it's empty, then you might want to MIDI learn some controllers ;)

hm, i sadly have no midi controller available right now..so i get nothing in that list when i try to learn.

what i try to do is to control a parameter, lets say "cutoff vcf1" , in zebra with a "midi plugin(step sequencer) on another midi track..

this stepsequencer just sends control data to the cutoff.

Now i could draw an interesting step pattern or two and save them and apply it to every parameter ..

it happens in cubase..when i create that bonus midi track with the step sequencer as midi send fx , delete the velocity , and draw a pattern to any controller...i hit midi learn in zebra and the step sequencer controls that parameter. but i need to know the exact Number to choose in the step sequ.

i tried with the midi monitor in cubase as well but it didn't show up the number..

any idea maybe?

thx

I don't quite understand the problem. You just need to draw a CC automation for *any* MIDI CC and then use that to learn the parameter. You can make your own list, just as you see fit.

well ok, how automation in general works i know, but i need it for the step sequencer..

like in the picture , this name, controller Number 73 or smth.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/5/1/1 ... Number.jpg

if its too much of a hassle right now no problem..

was just an experiment..

maybe i miss something obvious but i want to control Zebra

with a plugin on another midi track. its not possible to simply learn the

parameter because i need to choose the name of it first..

sorry for confusing.. :oops:

don't worry about naming the CCs - it's a convention you don't need to follow!

just picky any, make a sequence and try to learn that controller in zebra by right clicking on the parameter.

that works with Zebra..

but like that it just works for one controller, but if i want to control more i need to know the exact CC..

Zork wrote:that works with Zebra..

but like that it just works for one controller, but if i want to control more i need to know the exact CC..
What you're trying to do is very straight-forward.

1. Set up your MIDI VST to send on a particular CC. I recommend the range 102-119 decimal as this is not defined in the MIDI spec for anything in particular.
2. Route the midi from #1 into the track with Zebra 2.
3. Activate the pattern (loop mode is best). At this point nothing should be changing in Zebra since you haven't assigned your CC value to anything.
4. You now have two options depending on the desire to modulate exactly 1 or more than 1 parameter in Zebra 2.
For exactly 1 parameter
Right click the knob/button/whatever and select midi learn. Because your sequence is being fed into Zebra it'll automatically detect the CC number and assign it to your destination.
For more than 1 parameter
Find an empty/unused X or Y axis on one of the 4 XYs on the performance page. Right-click the little XY dot and choose midi learn X/midi learn Y. Like in the previous step you'll now see the dot moving all around based on the modulation input.
At this point you can now use the "More XY" pane below and assign Zebra module parameters to the chosen axis.

I hope this answers your question/problem. Good luck!

thanks mate!

this definatly works with zebra and is a good way, i could even use an mseg for that but i try to find a way for any plugin..

even for ACE it would be a cool thing to do..

the step designer is able to send data to two midiCC at the same time..so if i would know the names i could even control the x axis and the y axis @ the same time.

is there no way to monitor those somewhere?

thx again..

cheers

Zork wrote:The step designer is able to send data to two midiCC at the same time..so if i would know the names i could even control the x axis and the y axis @ the same time.
Glad you got it working. :)
If you can send only 1 of the patterns at a time it's very simple to assign both to an XY pairing.

Let's start by setting pattern 1 to 102, pattern 2 to 103. Now, use the previous steps to set the X axis of XY1 to pattern 1. Zebra will now associate CC 102 with X1. Next, turn off pattern 1, and turn on pattern 2. Now go back to Zebra and choose "midilearn Y". Now Y1 will be assigned to pattern 2 (CC 103). Finally, turn pattern 1 back on. You should see both patterns causing the XY1 dot to move.

that would be the logical step, but it doesn't work sadly..

but i dont know where the problem is, on step designer side or on zebra side..

it only lets me control 1 controler either x or y..

but not both at the same time..

i will read the manual of the step designer, see if there is something..

thx

i think i got it..

i rechecked that list Urs mentioned , and there is the actual controler number provided now..don't know yet why it wasn't there before but i will try to find out..

will provide a step by step guide afterwards..

cheers

Zork wrote:i rechecked that list Urs mentioned , and there is the actual controler number provided now..don't know yet why it wasn't there before but i will try to find out..
By default Zebra (actually all u-he plugins) have empty midi map files. They are only populated after you do a midi-learn on a target. So it makes sense that you didn't see them before.

It sounds like the MIDI step tool always sent the first pattern CC first so when you tried to learn the Y axis it used the CC value you had already set on the X-Axis. Currently all u-he plugs don't allow for the same CC # to be assigned to more than one target. So the X axis is quietly unlearned, the Y axis was learned.

Since you don't have a midi controller you could use something like piz midi's midiSimpleLFO, change the CC Out to the desired number, set triggering to free-running, and power to on. It'll send the signal you need to set the corresponding Zebra midi learn. http://www.thepiz.org/pizmidi/.

Return to “u-he”