Strange reset problem

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm having a problem with Sylenth1.
After having about 5 instances of Sylenth1 in Ableton Live 8 the presets all reset to ARP presets at the beginning of the soundbank. It's rather annoying.
Has anyone experienced anything similar or might know how to resolve this?

If your using clips in session view make sure you dont have a program set in the clip properties note box. I had that before and every time the song starts it reads those and switches to them.

Thanks for replying.
I did something on my own, I didn't use return channels, this worked for a while but now I experience the same problem.
I'm not sure if I understand what you mean, do you mean I should only use instances of Sylenth1 in the device area (the one which says: Drop MIDI Effects, Audio Effects, Instruments or Samples Here")?
If so, then I am doing that, only launching Sylenth1 in 10 different MIDI channels, and they all reset after setting up 5 instances or so of Sylenth1.

EDIT/UPDATE:
I tried this on different MIDI clips, I think it has something to do with this. When this happened I was running instances of Sylenth1 on a .mid (created/provided by someone else) which I fed into Ableton Live 8, this generated several MIDI channels, and Sylenth1 always seems to reset whenever I press play. It's strange but it doesn't happen when I use other .mid files and never when set up the MIDI myself. Could it be that there's CC message embedded in the MIDI that interferes with Sylenth1 and sets it back? If so, where can I find/edit/remove this MIDI info in Ableton Live 8?

EDIT2: Ok, now I'm experiencing the same problem with another VST. I think it has to do with Ableton Live. It's the same thing, the preset resets when I load .mid files..

Right exactly, the program change is in the midi file, when you load them onto a track. Select the clip in session view, at the bottom where you see the notes displayed, there is a properties box on the left titled "Notes". In it is a selector for bank, program. It will probably have a program number set there. Just remove it (--) or you can also use this to change to different sylenth presets and banks on each clip when it plays.

Hope that helps.

Alright, NOW I found it, and it works.^^
Thanks so much for the help.

Return to “LennarDigital”