Renoise Crashes Usually When Using U-he Zebra Or Ace And Dragging Patches (MAC AU and VST)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If I open interface for Zebra 2.5 or ACE 1.0, go to 'Patches' and start dragging patches (so that the "Zebra Icon" is shown) and then close VST/AU interface, Renoise usually crashes with an error message: "A fatal error or crash happened(unhandled exception in thread: GUI)" and then Renoise quits automatically.

- This happens with Renoise only, not with Logic 8 Pro
- This doesn't seem to happen when using Renoise and Zebra/ACE VST with PC and Windows XP
- In OSX(10.5 Leopard), this happens with both AU and VST versions of the plug-ins
- This happens at least with Renoise 2.1 and 2.5 beta, and with Zebra 2.5 and ACE 1.0 demo versions
- It doesn't crash every time, but very often. Sometimes it doesn't crash when closing VST/AU interface but when re-opening it
- I use Macbook with no external monitor. It happens in both Fullscreen and Windowed mode. Resolution is 1280 x 800. Default skins used for Zebra and ACE.

This happens quite often because you easily hold mouse-button too long when selecting a patch and you accidentally get that "zebra icon". So my point is that you don't have to drag a patch to a different folder, it is enough to crash if you just hold your left mouse button over a patch name and then move mouse a bit, so the Zebra icon is shown.

I will report this to the Renoise forum also.

Hi,

That's interesting... and really shouldn't happen at all. Can you send me the renoise.crash.log to urs@u-he.com?

Just tried it myself and couldn't reproduce it. Hmmm.... but I'm still on Tiger here... would be interesting to see the crash log.

Some people had problems with file permissions, but nothing that crashes.

Ok I just sent you the logfile via email.

zoikkis wrote:Ok I just sent you the logfile via email.
Thank you.

As far as I can see it's about a gui element that the OS tries to send a mouse click message to. But this gui element is gone with closing the ui.

Hmmm, I'll keep an eye on it. Today I'm just trashed though...

Return to “u-he”