Arts Acoustic CL Series compressors- no love?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
CL Series

I know that Arts Acoustic's reverb has been a favorite of many people around here. So I figured their compressors would get a little more attention.

I had the opportunity to beta test these plugs, and I thought for sure that people would talk about them more. But maybe not? Heck, the interfaces for the plugs are gorgeous, IMO(http://www.artsacoustic.com/aacls_screenshots.html). That usually gets people talking about a plug, even without good sound. People also seem to love plug-ins that color your sound, which these do as well.

So I guess this could be considered a "if you haven't seen them yet" kind of post. Definitely some great compressors if you haven't seen them or tried them already.

I think my favorite 'feature' is the way they let you mix the mid/side signals. Plenty of really flexible options there, along with negative ratios and both internal/external sidechain. And you get three different comps with various levels of complexity. They do sound great with a little grit going for them as well. Drums seem to call for these the most, at least for me.

Anyways, no other reason for this post than a little "bump". I know with all the holiday sales and NAMM, these may have just gotten lost in the mix a bit. So if you haven't seen them, it may be worth trying:

http://www.artsacoustic.com/artsacoustic_clseries.html

Brent
My host is better than your host

There's no Mac version yet, so that could be a reason why there's not as much chatter as expected. I'll be trying them when they're available for OS X.
You are currently reading my signature.

djanthonyw wrote:There's no Mac version yet, so that could be a reason why there's not as much chatter as expected.
Yes, but I would guess that there are just as many, probably more, PC users here.

I believe the Mac version is coming, along with 64-bit(which I'm looking forward to!). But Mac version or not, I just thought more people would be talking about it. Maybe it will just take a spark of new development on the series, like the Mac/64-bit versions.

Regardless, definitely some good plugs, IMO.

For anyone who wonders, they work just fine in Windows 7 using a 64-bit wrapper(any of them, from Sonar's to Reaper's to jBridge).

Brent

Maybe there's oversaturation on the top-quality compressor market but maybe not the reverb market?

There are also a ton of good compressors around and these are fairly expensive.

No doubt another reason along with tough times...
Mixcraft 8 Recording Studio : Reason 10

audiobot202 wrote:There are also a ton of good compressors around and these are fairly expensive.

No doubt another reason along with tough times...
Very possible, yes. Though I think the price is about the same as much of the competition. Pro-C is $199, and is only a single plug(I like Pro-C- not bagging on it). It may be up in price a bit, but there are many that cost as much or more.

I guess the point of all this is just to give them a little attention. Maybe it will help somebody see them who didn't see them before. They really are great plugs, IMO.

Brent

Also, for what it's worth, if you buy the compressors, I just noticed they give you 50% off of their reverb until Jan 31st.

Brent

I agree with Brent that it IS a bit of a riddle why some products generate a lot of chatter while others, arguably just as good or better, sink into a morass of silence. :o

Witness for instance what's happened to Kinisis! Ever since the initial hubbub subsided after launch (or rather, after the now infamous "Kinisis is most fat synth" thread), it has virtually vanished and my puny effort to bump the initial thread has been met with a deafening silence.

Compare this with the old (in a relative sense!) Synplant, which still generates quite a few, mostly very favourable posts, in spite of not having been updated with the desired LFO host sync yet…

Back OT, I have the greatest respect for the ability (and user support!) of Arts Acoustic. Being on Macs, I haven't had the chance to demo the CL comps but I certainly will as soon as the promised AU version is on line.

It's also true that the comp market may be rather saturated, but a quality product offering plus values should still strike home among pros and aficionados, no?

I have the impression that the 'verb market is quite crowded, too, these days, from good free stuff to Aether and Lexicon at the other end. All the better for us users, of course.

Better hurry up with that Mac version, AA! ;-)

/rant

Best,

Joachim
Last edited by Spitfire31 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

A group buy might be a good idea... when the Mac version is out.
You are currently reading my signature.

djanthonyw wrote:A group buy might be a good idea... when the Mac version is out.
I think you are right! Then again, a group buy is ALWAYS a good idea, isn't it? Well, most of the time at least.

I have no idea if AA would do a GB(have they done them before?), but who knows.

Brent

The AA CL compressors are the bomb. :love:

I too thought these would get a little more attention. Even though I can't afford them I love playing with the demo. Work that input knob!!

These dropped right at Christmas and I was traveling so I couldn't really demo them. I expected to read lots of reports and reviews but it just kinda vanished. I won't be back in my studio for another month or so, so I can't demo for myself. There have been so many great plugs dropping lately, that it's easy to fall into obscurity quick.

there are tons of good compressors out there and i really don't need another one (especially for that price ). :?

when i want a nice gui, i just open my stillwell rocket :hihi:

For me they are far to expensive although I am owner of the reverb. I only need the smallest comp without all that s/m or whatever that is and don't want to buy the other ones too....Also with the 25% off they are not in a pricerange I would buy them...

Return to “Effects”