Wavelab 7 Elements vs. Audacity

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i use for example FL 9 for projects, mixing and mastering. but for normal volumeadjustments and small effects etc. i use normally Audacity but the volumeadjustments arent so nice defineable i think and as i remember from an old wavelab version it was more comfortable etc.

so would you suggest me in getting the Wavelab 7 Elements version instead of the freeware audacity? is it worth the 50-100 bucks?

Have you tried Reaper??? It's a full multi-track sequencer but you can audio edit in it too. (and Rewire it into FL)

Only $40 and so much more in it... you can download it and try it all you like fully functional.

www.reaper.fm

Why Reaper? FL Studio has an audio editor too (Edison)...

is that program reaper still around?

Caine123 wrote:... so would you suggest me in getting the Wavelab 7 Elements version instead of the freeware audacity? is it worth the 50-100 bucks?
Does your system meet the minimum requirements?
Wavelab 7 Elements - Minimum System Requirements: PC
•Windows 7
•2 GHz CPU
•2048 MB RAM
•Windows MME compatible audio Hardware
•CD or DVD-ROM Drive
•200 MB of free HD space
•Display Resolution of 1024x768 pixels
Wavelab is a great app, and doubtless worth the $99.00 if you are really needing/using its features, otherwise I too wonder why you don't just use "Edison" within FL9.

You may wish to check out Wavosour also, which is free, and IMO considerably more 'mature' than Audacity.

[2c]
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Why not try Wavosaur ?

It's free and powerful, I sold my Wavelab Essential after I found it. Never regretted it since.

EDIT:
Ideal for volume changes, as is supports volume curves!
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

caleb82 wrote:Why not try Wavosaur ?
+1

+1 for Edison which is built into fruity, kicks Audacity's butt audaciously

wavosaur is nice, thanks!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”