are the HG Fortune Synths 64 bit compatible?

Official support for: hgf-synthesizer.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

Just a quick question;

I'm working on windows 32 bit but I'm thinkling about changing to 64 bit and converting to reaper 64 bit.

Will the HG Fortune plugins operate in a 64 bit environment?

Greetz,
manducator
Last edited by manducator on Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I am running HG's synths on my 64 bit machine. They won't show up in 64 bit versions of audio hosts, but at least they work.

Mike

Ok, thanks!

Karmacomposer wrote:I am running HG's synths on my 64 bit machine. They won't show up in 64 bit versions of audio hosts, but at least they work.

Mike
Hello,
What you mean by "They won't show up in 64 bit versions of audio hosts"?
Is it possible to manupulate eg. Ultra Swamp parameters on 64 bit host?
Has anybody test Ultra Swamp with Cubase 5.5 or 6.0 (64 bit vesrion) on Windows7 (64bits)? Does it work correctly, or should you use external bridge (32-64)?

Thanks & Regards
Tall

I run a number of HG synths in Reaper 64-bit. No problem at all.
Tom Smith
http://tomsmith.bandcamp.com - http://www.filkertom.com - http://www.thefump.com
Win10/64 - I5 3570K - 16 GB RAM - BIAB 2016 - Reaper 5 - Sound Forge Pro 9

manducator wrote:Hello,
Will the HG Fortune plugins operate in a 64 bit environment?
With Cubase 6.05 and windows 7 64 bit, the HGF classic backlist has continuous troublesome vst bridge interruptions.
The interruption doesn't cause a crash of the application, but you can experience a decading in quality sound not corrected by knobs manipulation.
If you save and close the application, you will be informed of the vst bridge interruption.
No problem, reload the application and reopen the project and the vst bridge is once again connected.
If you are looking for the right sound to play and are manipulating the knobs, you must expect vst bridge interruptions.
But if you load the application and play or edit your music without touching the synth, the vst bridge stay connected.

After a lot of interruptions, I developed my path to bypass the problem:
1) after loading the vst, do not change immediately the default sound, but play some note before, than change the sound
2) do not play two vst 32 bit at the same time, but freeze the first vst before editing or playing the second.
3) keep only one vst in editing phase, all the others must be freezed.

The new free ProtoPlasm Pro results to be mutually excluding the ProtoPlasm TSM free.
ProtoPlasm21 has good sounds, but I experienced many troubles and a sound too much distorted.
The new ProtoPlasm Pro seems to be better performing and more stable.

Serenity free is my beloved, but be careful with knobs and pay a lot of attention to vst bridge.
Atonoise require some note to be played before changing the sound. Atonoise is a great synth for dark and scary sounds.
Anvilia is great for dark atmpsphere.

I'd like to purchase some of these great HGF synths, but I'm waiting to see a better stability in performance, whether by Cubase or HGF synths.
I must say that the VSTi developed in 64 bit are stable and do not cause vst bridge interruptions.

This is my experience, I hope to have been helpful.

Return to “HG Fortune”