Studio One Namm Deal

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We've gone utterly crazy, and we want you to take advantage of it! PreSonus is celebrating the 2011 NAMM show by offering an absolutely insane deal on Studio One Artist. During the NAMM show, between January 13 and January 16, 2011, you can purchase a download version of Studio One Artist for only $20.11 USD. That's 90% off the regular price!
2011 = $20.11? :hihi:

http://www.presonus.com/namm/

Which means you can own S1 Pro for $219.11 with the upgrade. This sounds (to me, no inside info, total speculation) like 2.0 will likely be a paid update so they're pushing 1.6 at a reduced rate knowing that most users will probably want 2.0 and the new features when it's eventually released.

LawrenceF wrote:
We've gone utterly crazy, and we want you to take advantage of it! PreSonus is celebrating the 2011 NAMM show by offering an absolutely insane deal on Studio One Artist. During the NAMM show, between January 13 and January 16, 2011, you can purchase a download version of Studio One Artist for only $20.11 USD. That's 90% off the regular price!
2011 = $20.11? :hihi:

http://www.presonus.com/namm/

Which means you can own S1 Pro for $219.11 with the upgrade. This sounds (to me, no inside info, total speculation) like 2.0 will likely be a paid update so they're pushing 1.6 at a reduced rate knowing that most users will probably want 2.0 and the new features when it's eventually released.
That is a super deal IMO. :) Hard to beat that. 8)

This was always the host that felt like Cubase to me that wasn't Cubase. I tried it for awhile but... came back home to Cubase. Still, a pretty good deal.

BORING FINE PRINT • WARNING: Exercise caution while using - prolonged exposure could lead to overdose of awesome • Not recommend for live use in time-travel • Offer ends midnight January 1, 2012, as the world may be over • Offer is not valid A) if the customer has been abducted by aliens within 48 hours of purchase; B) in certain parts of Tobago. Make that southern Tobago.
:lol:

monkeymanx wrote:This was always the host that felt like Cubase to me that wasn't Cubase...
There's a reason for that ;)

I'll most definitely be taking advantage of this tomorrow. Unless I'm disqualified because sometimes I do smoke tobago.

-edit- Hey Lawrence. You list Studio One alongside Reaper and Cubase - 2 packages I use. As such I'd be very very interested in your opinion of Studio One with reference to the 2 others.
www.drippycat.com - switchaball for iPhone, switchballHD for iPad

I think I'll wait until tomorrow to see what is or is not announced wrt version Studio One v2 upgrades, Cubase 6, etc., but here's a deal that can't be beat. :)

Edit: Oh, it's not available until tommorrow anyway. :oops:

simesf wrote:You list Studio One alongside Reaper and Cubase - 2 packages I use. As such I'd be very very interested in your opinion of Studio One with reference to the 2 others.
It's simply a better fit for me than other hosts, that's all. Cubase and Reaper are easily currently more powerful in many ways (no daw war comparisons necessary) but I much more enjoy working in, and am more productive in, Studio One.

The way it works fits me like a glove so some of the other stuff I occasionally miss from Cubase is much less important to me in the bigger picture. Studio One + Kontakt 4 (for me, YMMV, all opinions are valid) is fantastic.

It all comes down to personal comfort for me, not necessarily features.

My fingers are crossed on Presonus introducing a new control surface for S1... 8) btw nice deal for S1,if ya haven't got it yet,get it :D

LawrenceF wrote:
simesf wrote:You list Studio One alongside Reaper and Cubase - 2 packages I use. As such I'd be very very interested in your opinion of Studio One with reference to the 2 others.
It's simply a better fit for me than other hosts, that's all. Cubase and Reaper are easily currently more powerful in many ways (no daw war comparisons necessary) but I much more enjoy working in, and am more productive in, Studio One.

The way it works fits me like a glove so some of the other stuff I occasionally miss from Cubase is much less important to me in the bigger picture. Studio One + Kontakt 4 (for me, YMMV, all opinions are valid) is fantastic.

It all comes down to personal comfort for me, not necessarily features.
... that's a good answer. I'll never be a power user of any DAW. I just want to get the job done as simply and elegantly as possible which is exactly why I'm looking at Studio One.
www.drippycat.com - switchaball for iPhone, switchballHD for iPad

1-2-Many wrote:
monkeymanx wrote:This was always the host that felt like Cubase to me that wasn't Cubase...
There's a reason for that ;)
+1 Nuendo programmers built it.It should in alot of ways,but I agree with Lawrence,to me it also just feels better.Personally I can just concentrate on making music in it.I've tried to go back to my other daws to work in,I cannot do it anymore,must be the Cajun voodoo :hihi:

The focus is def on the workflow. 8)

"Studio One Artist is a reduced version of Studio One Pro. It does not include the integrated mastering and also does not support 3rd party plugin effects or instruments."

:?

cytone wrote:"Studio One Artist is a reduced version of Studio One Pro. It does not include the integrated mastering and also does not support 3rd party plugin effects or instruments." :?
Yeah, the entire point there (with the offer) is to pretty much give it away for $20, and without buying any PreSonus hardware, which allows you to get into, upgrade to, Pro for $199... or less if you can find an upgrade deal.

Either way, the loop and sample content is probably worth at least $20. :hihi:

I've made this point before but (imo) if the project section of Studio One was a stand alone app for mastering it would easily sell very well at $89/$99... doing nothing else but mastering / assembly / publishing.

It needs a few editing tweaks but it's very, very good.

cytone wrote:"Studio One Artist is a reduced version of Studio One Pro. It does not include the integrated mastering and also does not support 3rd party plugin effects or instruments."

:?
Got to be the worst thing they could have left out IMO. I would much rather evaluate a DAW with an 8 stereo track limit and 4 instrument limit etc. than no instruments.

machinesworking wrote:I would much rather evaluate a DAW with an 8 stereo track limit and 4 instrument limit etc. than no instruments.
Odd choice for various previously given reasons, yes. But for evaluation purposes the demo is of Pro which allows you to load any 3rd party plugs you want for 30 days while you check it out so anyone evaluating performance or whatever would probably do that.

OTOH, anyone who needs to use their 3rd party plugs probably wouldn't be evaluating Artist as a potential purchase anyway, only Pro. :shrug:

I suspect that people who got Artist for free probably ran the Pro demo also.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”