Native Instruments giving away 3 vouchers for Kore Packs to registered Kore 2 users

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
I've got the 5 mini-demo tracks for Transient Attack if that's any use[/quote]

Definitely. Is there a link, or are they mp3's from NI's site?[/quote]

http://www.box.net/shared/ifzacy0bfy5yi3ju6o9j (http://www.box.net/shared/ifzacy0bfy5yi3ju6o9j)[/quote]

Thanks a lot for the demo-tracks, very nice stuff!

Havent recieved the email from NI yet... maybe I'm last in line.:shrug:
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

so what are people going for?

metal wrote:Havent recieved the email from NI yet... maybe I'm last in line.:shrug:
I hadn't either, so I wrote to them and got the mail to day,

Hmmm.... may be someone can help me here, I am on a Mac, and I got three packs, SonicFiction, NorthernIndia, and Acoustic Refractions, the latter was no problem to install on my external eSATA drive, the former two however, disallow this installation and want to install the whole shebang on my system OSX drive, which I rather not do.

Is there anything that I can do to install them on external drive instead? - Thanks!
Best wishes
OVS

What about Komplete users? I got Kore Player with it. :)
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

Oceanviewstudio wrote:Hmmm.... may be someone can help me here, I am on a Mac, and I got three packs, SonicFiction, NorthernIndia, and Acoustic Refractions, the latter was no problem to install on my external eSATA drive, the former two however, disallow this installation and want to install the whole shebang on my system OSX drive, which I rather not do.

Is there anything that I can do to install them on external drive instead? - Thanks!
Symbolic links are what you need, although you will probably need to install at least one library to the hard drive and then move it to the other drive, replacing the folder on the main drive with the symbolic link. Doing this in the Finder is not entirely straightforward but it works better (usually) than an alias. There is also the small issue of working out where NI sticks the samples. But I've done this for a number of samplers that don't natively support external drives for the factory library (such as Alchemy). You also need to be sure the drive is plugged in before firing up Kore or it will collapse in a heap.

Does anyone know anything about Essential Bass? Is it any good especially concerning electric bass?

I was thinking about getting True Strike, Essential Bass and then maybe North India or Paranormal Spectrums or Pop Drums, I can't really decide :)

metal wrote:Havent recieved the email from NI yet... maybe I'm last in line.:shrug:
Did you get your email yet? There is a thread from the NI Forum Mod here http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... p?t=143445 for user's who did not receive the newsletter. I think you can add your name to the list or PM the forum MOD.
"All persons living or dead are purely coincidental." - Vonnegut

i opened up a support ticket about not getting the email with the vouchers and received a response today includingthecodes.
Ii went for Northindia and best of Absynth and Massive.
Even if KORE stops working in a future version of OSX chances are that Kontakt, Massive and Absynth still will.

Keith99 wrote:so what are people going for?
Either going to take the conservative route and downloads Soundpacks that work within the individual instruments in addition to Kore, or take the opportunity to extend the usefulness of Kore with Kore specific Soundpacks. I'll probably take the first approach with some Absynth and Massive sound sets, but I've a couple of Soundpack coupons tucked away that I might break out for ACOUSTIC REFRACTIONS or ESSENTIAL BASS
"All persons living or dead are purely coincidental." - Vonnegut

5 soundpacks - $48 (after applying two $29 coupons) :wheee:
My quick run through review

True Strike Tension
Epic, if you want to add some cinematic drums to your collection, get it.

Massive Threat
Specializes in nasty leads and basses, other stuff (bells, pads) also included. Loving this one.

Urban Arsenal & Urban Arsenal 2
IMO the stars of both Urban Arsenal 1&2 are the drums (includes Kontakt and Battery formats for drums) Some nice sampled instruments as well. Add in plenty of synths and you get ALOT with these packs.

Essential Bass
Very useable sounds. May lack the wow factor of some of the other soundpacks, but I'll probably end up using it alot.

I've had these two for awhile:
FM8 Transient Attacks
Love it. If you love FM8, it's the only soundpack for it, so get it.

Kontakt Sax & Brass
Sound is firmly rooted in big band swing. Extremely limited IMO.
Last edited by chj on Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:54 pm, edited 12 times in total.

TommyBear wrote:Does anyone know anything about Essential Bass? Is it any good especially concerning electric bass?

I was thinking about getting True Strike, Essential Bass and then maybe North India or Paranormal Spectrums or Pop Drums, I can't really decide :)
the electric basses in there I know about are lite versions of Scarbee. Which are IMO the most excellent thing you can hope for. I don't always need the deepest control, as these are fantastic right out of the box, so you might want to spring for it. I have North India which is designed extremely well for the Kore Controller. I went for Paranormal Spectrums, Acoustic Refractions, and True Strike Tension, the latter of which I was looking to buy.

hibidy wrote:
poonna wrote:I sold my Kore 2 and yet still got the codes, too. I'm PM'ing my buyer to see if he got the codes as well or not. He's not active on KvR though (with around 5-6 posts, and none for a year already). I hope he will reply. Don't want to use the coupons if they're supposed to be his.
That's what my thing is, I don't want them used unless the buyer has theirs.......I like to keep things safe and legal.......if for some reason they are usable or can be given away then I'll cross that bridge later :)
The person who bought Kore 2 from me didn't get the email. So I forwarded him the coupons.
Peace, my friends. I'm not seeking arguments here. ;)

TommyBear wrote:Does anyone know anything about Essential Bass? Is it any good especially concerning electric bass?

As noted above, the Essential Bass contains some great electric basses...slapped and fingered by Scarbee and picked by Pettinhouse (or perhaps it's fingered by Scarbee and picked by Pettinhouse....it's one of those two).

At any rate, the Scarbee basses are fantastic. You get ALL of the articulations, but you have fewer overall samples (less round robin and such..but still they're big). So, you get great bass sounds that load faster than the big full Scarbee basses.

If you have the full Kontakt and you open the Scarbee basses in Kore, you can click on the actual bass (in the exteneded view) and open them in Kontakt. There, you'll find the full Kontakt gui with a drop down box for effects, articulations, etc. I suspect a quick save there will allow you to open that outsdie of Kore. Most of the other Kore engines used in these patches are Guitar Rig effects, so you don't lose much there.

The Pettinhouse bass is also quite nice, though not as full featured. There's also a much bigger Upright bass, and it's not too bad.

And there are about 160 synth bass patches. Most of these have a subbass mapped to the Kore knobs, which is a nice touch.

Personally, I think the Essential Bass is one of the best ones out there.

Return to “Instruments”