Analysis Plug-Ins Update

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Blue Cat Audio
KVRAF
4859 posts since 8 Sep, 2004 from Paris (France)

Post Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:32 am

New versions of our award winning audio analysis plug-ins are now available: this update mainly brings output data refresh rate customization to improve MIDI or automation output for smoother side chaining, new trigger mode for the oscilloscope, note display for spectrum analyzers, pan law selection for stereoscopes, performance improvements on Mac and much more... Details are available for each plug-in on the products pages.

The upgrade is free for existing customers (emails are on their way) and can be downloaded from the same location as the previous version. If you do not own these plug-ins yet, demo versions in DirectX, VST, RTAS and Audio Unit formats are available for download. Check them out!
Last edited by Blue Cat Audio on Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

kcisANDderit
KVRist
443 posts since 20 Nov, 2010 from stuck in transition

Post Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:25 pm

pan law selection for stereoscopes
awesome. Thx for following through
note display for spectrum analyzers
this too

:D

Blue Cat Audio
KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:52 pm

You are welcome! Thanks again for your feedback.

Blue Cat Audio
KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:06 am

To illustrate the influence of the output data rate on the MIDI output, here are some screenshots of the output of the Blue Cat's Digital Peak Meter Pro plug-in. The recorded parameter is the peak value, with release time set to 100 ms. The input signal is a snare drum.

20 Hz (old default)

50 Hz (new default)

500 Hz (max)

As you can see, 500 Hz is probably overkill in this case, and it is likely to overload some MIDI devices or software that do not support very high MIDI data rates. But the plug-in lets you manage the precision vs performance that best suits your needs.

Aloysius
KVRAF
35297 posts since 11 Aug, 2008 from another dimension

Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:43 pm

Excellent!

tombuur
KVRist
126 posts since 23 May, 2004 from Denmark

Post Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:17 pm

Thanks for yet another update. Blue Cat analysis tools are still my preferred ones, even though I have several others.

Just one humble request: Could you, please, include a version number in the downloads like almost all other plugin producer do. It is nice to be able to go back, if an update suddenly give you problems. And we need the version numbers to keep track of things.

Blue Cat Audio
KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:14 am

Thanks! Do you mean adding version numbers to the installers file names?

tombuur
KVRist
126 posts since 23 May, 2004 from Denmark

Post Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:19 am

Blue Cat Audio wrote:Thanks! Do you mean adding version numbers to the installers file names?
Exactly. Like BlueCatFreqAnalyzer194.zip etc.

They almost all do it this way. This way I can download to my BlueCat folder without overwriting any previous versions in case I need to go back if the new version gives me problems.

Blue Cat Audio
KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:01 pm

Makes sense! Will try to make this happen asap :).

In case you lost an older version, you can also redownload most of them from our website (check out the link at the bottom of the download page. It gives you access to older versions).

Lenticular
KVRian
527 posts since 7 Apr, 2010

Post Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:24 pm

Hello,

The FreqAnalyst Multi 'Peak Reset' doesn't work correctly. When set to '0' it doesn't hold & appear as a line. (& as it does in your free Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst)

Thanks

Win 7

Blue Cat Audio
KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:42 am

Hi,

The "peak reset" parameter is only affects "peak"-type curves, and it won't apply to others. If you want to see the peak signal in addition to the instant signal like in the free FreqAnalyst plug-in, you need to select both the instant and peak curves in the routing pane.

Hope this helps!

Gamma-UT
KVRAF
5748 posts since 8 Jun, 2009

Post Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:00 am

I've just tried to download the update for the Oscilloscope. It accepts the login but then throws up a 404. I didn't get an email about the updates - have they been moved?

Hayate Yagami
KVRist
33 posts since 19 Dec, 2009 from Japan

Post Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:04 am

Gamma-UT wrote:It accepts the login but then throws up a 404. I didn't get an email about the updates - have they been moved?
I could download Oscilloscope Multi now.
I received the updated e-mail from Blue Cat Audio in Jul., 2011.

Gamma-UT
KVRAF
5748 posts since 8 Jun, 2009

Post Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:36 am

Hayate Yagami wrote:
Gamma-UT wrote:It accepts the login but then throws up a 404. I didn't get an email about the updates - have they been moved?
I could download Oscilloscope Multi now.
I received the updated e-mail from Blue Cat Audio in Jul., 2011.
I'm using the download link supplied when I bought the analysis pack in 2009. It still gives a 404. The most recent version I've been able to download was 1.4. So, I can only assume that the link has changed since purchase but as I've received no further updates from Blue Cat since 2009, I've no idea what it's meant to be.

Hayate Yagami
KVRist
33 posts since 19 Dec, 2009 from Japan

Post Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:05 am

Gamma-UT wrote:I'm using the download link supplied when I bought the analysis pack in 2009.
I think you have the right to get the recent version of Analysis Pack.
Blue Cat Audio might solve your problem.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”