Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

... with a bunch of little surprises!

http://www.u-he.com/

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Yours exhaustedly,

;) Urs

P.S.: Newsletter follows next week, after a few more updates. Press release follows tomorrow after a good night of sleep!
Last edited by Urs on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

*all over it like a flea on a scruffy dog* :shock:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

And I'm right behind Sendy... like Revolution flea treatment on a flea :hihi:

Thanks Urs, Here is to Urs

Last edited by abstractcats on Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lovely! :D

Just scrolling through my presets and 100% perfect, not spikes at all!

Also, this may be a really stupid question but does Zebra sound better as well?
I know there is the "sound card" factor but there seems to be a good bump in sound quality. May be I'm going insane... in a good way :D

abstractcats wrote:Just scrolling through my presets and 100% perfect, not spikes at all!

Also, this may be a really stupid question but does Zebra sound better as well?
I know there is the "sound card" factor but there seems to be a good bump in sound quality. May be I'm going insane... in a good way :D
The new presets are all native 2.5 ones... and from Howie's ever growing collection of gems!

Also try the new Zebralette patches - some out of this world stuff!

Does it fix the GUI bugs in Fl Studio?

1) Where those weird lines appear on the GUI.

2) When you resize the GUI (make it larger), it doesn't display the GUI correctly half the time?
Play it by ear

pheeleep wrote:Does it fix the GUI bugs in Fl Studio?

1) Where those weird lines appear on the GUI.

2) When you resize the GUI (make it larger), it doesn't display the GUI correctly half the time?
We've tried our best. However, one of the next projects is a rewrite of the Win GUI engine.

It's patches like DotCom that make me wish there was such a things as sub presets - really every patch is like a whole synth

And as for Zebralette - how can something so small sound so big?

might be a stupid question... but does this install keep my old patches and presets ?%!

I guess it doesn't touch them and they will still show up in that new 2.5.1 version with the same folders and stuff ??

thnks for the update urs !!

arbee wrote:might be a stupid question... but does this install keep my old patches and presets ?%!

I guess it doesn't touch them and they will still show up in that new 2.5.1 version with the same folders and stuff ??

thnks for the update urs !!

Mine are still in place. And the folders I've made are still in the same places as well.

Annoyingly doesn't offer two installation paths for the x86 and x64 VSTs... Had to read the manual, as both directories were defaulting to "Program Files (x86)" and I wondered if I'd grabbed the wrong download.

It would also be nice if the option of what you wanted to install came before choosing where to install.

Small things, I know, but UI designs I kind of come to expect :wink:

Edit: Also, there seems to be a bug... I'm trying to install the data into:

L:\u-he\Zebra2.data

but it says it's invalid. After much testing, I have found that it's because the total path is 19 characters... 20 or more and it's valid, so:

L:\u-he\Zebra2.data2
L:\u-she\Zebra2.data
L:\jiggy\Zebra2.data

all work fine. :D :D :wink:
Last edited by koalaboy on Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geht doch :borg: Danke

koalaboy wrote:Edit: Also, there seems to be a bug... I'm trying to install the data into:

L:\u-he\Zebra2.data

but it says it's invalid. After much testing, I have found that it's because the total path is 19 characters... 20 or more and it's valid, so:

L:\u-he\Zebra2.data2
L:\u-she\Zebra2.data
L:\jiggy\Zebra2.data

all work fine. :D :D :wink:
A-ha! Thanks! That's why my "C:\users\username\Documents\u-he\Zebra2.data" fails. But it does work fine if the presets are put there manually after installing to a working path. Urs?

Thanks for the update, Urs. Looks great! A few issues I had after the installation:

The default patch when first instantiating Zebra is no longer the blank init patch as it was before (or rather the single saw osc patch). Now it is a detuned saw keyboard sound. When I click "initialize" in the info window or load the initialize patch in the patch explorer, the correct init patch loads. Can someone tell me how to get the default patch back to the old init patch?

I noticed occasional note freezes while switching presets. The only way I could turn off the sustained note/key was to disable Zebra and then enable it again.

I didn't like how the new patches were just dumped into the preset folder. I think it'd be nice if they were put within their own directory (like the 2.5 patches were) -- just to keep things tidy!

Thanks again. :)

Return to “u-he”