Z3TA+ 2 Bug Report Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BDeep wrote:what may help is to change the polyphony of Z3ta by clicking a few times in that window.
will def try that next time something sticks.. thanx!

heard from tech support today, and emailed them an mp3 (and a snapshot) of the arp-sync weirdness. will (of course) report back here when...

:) thanks!

You do realize there's also a Speed knob on the Arp. Have you tried jiggling that?

osiris wrote:You do realize there's also a Speed knob on the Arp. Have you tried jiggling that?
i DID jiggle it, but the knob broke off. :D

i've tried all the variables i can think of (still, doesn't mean i'm not missing something). based on others reports...maybe something between logic and z3ta+ 2.

we'll see...

Fatal BUG!
I can't find the envelope controls (ADSR) anywhere within the mod matrix list! :P

3ee wrote:Fatal BUG!
I can't find the envelope controls (ADSR) anywhere within the mod matrix list! :P
Yeah, been looking for that as well, but apparently, it's not modulatable.
For all that it does offer, I can live with that. Also, you can't modulate other things, such as the drive on the filters, delay time etc.

I've never hada timing issue with the Arp in Z3ta+ in FL, but possibly it has to do with the arps being 'midi' files? Have you tried editing the patterns?

osiris wrote:I've never hada timing issue with the Arp in Z3ta+ in FL, but possibly it has to do with the arps being 'midi' files? Have you tried editing the patterns?
should not have to do that; a 16th note in tempo should BE a 16th note in tempo. anyway will wait to hear from cakewalk...

Is it just my machine or has the CPU load taken a very large jump since vers. 1.5 ?

AMD 940II Quad 3.0ghz, WIN 7.1, 4gb ram & one instance of Z causes hiccuping in LIVE with spikes up to 80% cpu usage
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

I'm on OS X, so I don't know the change since 1.5 (as it wasnt available before v2), but on my core2dual 2.2 the CPU usage is almost neglectable.

No. But be sure you have the latest version. The first release used a HUGE amount of RAM. Cakewalk released a fix after numerous complaints.

am having BIZARRE sync issues with logic and z3ta. i PLAYED a part tonite, quantized to 16th notes. looks perfect on screen. if i SOLO the part, it plays fine. when i put ALL the parts in (drums, other plugins), it plays OFF THE BEAT.

i bounced the part to audio, took a screenshot, and...it's AHEAD of the beat. sent to cakewalk tech support.

but these problems are making the plug USELESS for me. hope it gets fixed (and will report back here). love the SOUNDS of this plugin, but am gonna stop using it until it works right....

EDIT: i dunno, had this problem on one track, but it's not happening on a new one. so...gonna put the other one aside for now, and keep working. maybe it's NOT all z3ta...???.....

^ Z3TA has known sync issues within probably all hosts - this involves any section in a preset that syncs - LFOs, ARP, etc. The issue only pops up with presets that utilize sync in one form or another.

I am getting a little long in the tooth and short on patience waiting for the issues found in 2.1 to be fixed :x

tech support is basically unresponsive...am about ready to give up. shame, really like this one, but who cares if i can't actually use it in a track??

Return to “Instruments”