midilooper as meta-midi controller/hardware param control

Official support for: thepiz.org
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

the independent os (jjos2xl) created for the mpc1000/2500 has included the functionality of external midi control - that is, you can control the MPC buttons with incoming midi notes and ccs.

http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/os2xl/button.htm

this picture explains.

with this functionality, you can create macros (midi files containing the appropriate button presses to automate certain repetitive or time consuming functions). these midi files are now loaded into Piz Midi Looper and are triggered by user specified incoming midi notes, which in turn are triggered by a midi controller, or voice or computer keyboard (using Glovepie).

Piz Midi Looper is the only vsti i've seen that allows a user to trigger/fire off a .midi file. this is a BIG DEVELOPMENT for any hardware whose controls can be manipulated via midi.

a big fuss was made over NI Maschine due to its flexibility and midi control. this was well and good, and a damned good idea, but it can be applied to other/older hardware as well, assuming that it's equipped to be controlled by incoming midi.

piz midi looper is not only an excellent and flexible compositional tool
it is a very functional and effective means of controlling hardware. it is a time saver and a workflow optimizer.
i am vocal about my opinions of the performance and ethics of developers and software companies

pretty neat... i need to add CC editing to make it easier for this purpose.
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

the rudimentary piano roll is actually good enough dude i wouldn't stress about that
you really solved your problems by letting it load midi files instead of depending on an internal piano roll/cc editor. no need to reinvent the wheel. reaper's is great for this, and then with a ctrl alt drag to an outside directory you got yourself a mid file to load into pizmidilooper...

i'd like to start using this plugin more than just as a utility soon
couple this with your Scale Changer and you can get into some sophisticated stuff.

really good work, man.
i am vocal about my opinions of the performance and ethics of developers and software companies

friend, when are you going to start making some $$ with this amazing plugin?

I have a list of bugs to fix. Hopefully soon. The world needs to know that "this plug in is amazing"
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

here's a video showing how much this can speed up my workflow.

by emulating keystrokes i cut back on the "clickiness" of repetitive tasks (velocity splitting the pad into 3 layers, transpose up/down) as well as create new functions that were previously impossible (play from last 2 bars of previous sequence)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYpzwEcKxuY

Return to “Insert Piz Here”