THRAKosaurus - Stuff for Uhbiks

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Love the UHBIK's and now I just downloaded some wonderful food for them.

Thanks very much!

Regards

Wade
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

zerocrossing wrote: ART SGX2000?
No, the much less ... anything ... DOD FX-7 - it was a difficult thing to program good sounds for, primarily due to the fact that there were no editable parameters :lol:

(Mostly just a bump.)

Thanks to all who have downloaded, really hope good sounds are the result! Any things that are working well? Anything not working well? :-o :hihi:

(My todo-list is (somehow, unexpectedly to me :oops:) pretty short. Minor revisions to some Runciter and Uhbik-Q patches - just envelope sensing and overall gain. Turn lots of useless blog-blabber into something better. Take pictures of things that are blue and composite into visual metaphor for tone and texture with audio effects.)

Thank you very much, but is it possible to post a 'what goes where.txt' with a decent layout? It's unreadable for me.

Thanks!!

manducator wrote:Thank you very much, but is it possible to post a 'what goes where.txt' with a decent layout? It's unreadable for me.

Thanks!!
No problem! (And, eek - for sure will be doing a PDF version ...)

What goes where?

fRAK - Uhbik-F
Invisible Architecture - Uhbik-A
phRAK - Uhbik-P
Rawr - Runciter
THRAg - Uhbik-G
tHRAK - Uhbik-T
THRAK ak ak - Uhbik-D
THRAq - Uhbik-Q
THRAsh - Uhbik-S

--

Pulse gates / Uhbik-T

The pulse gates and many other patterned gates in tHRAK / Uhbik-T are very structured. The basic pattern is at the vertical middle (50.00 on the pattern knob), and is mirrored and evolved above and below, with subtle variations. As a result there's a ton of variation and character to be reached by tweaking the channel seperation as well as offsetting the pattern knob higher or lower. Check the presets for examples.

---

Suggestions not to follow for the obliQue intonated set in Uhbik-Q:

Most Instrumentation - between second and seventh preset.
Bass - one to three or four
Leads - four and up
Vocals - four to seven
One instrument in a marching band - eight

---

Loudness / Uhbik-Q

Fletcher-Munson loudness curves provide some insight into non-linear response of the human ear across the range of audible frequencies. Presets here were constructed to match the change from 70 db +/- 60 db (so, from 10db to 130db). Again for clarity - that's the change from one curve to another, and not the actual curve.

Extra note: Loudness curves are not really provided to be directly useful presets, but are still as useful as anything in here IMHO. Browsing through these can give a sense of what sort of spectral content reads 'louder'.

Thank you very much!!

I just would like to thank you for these great patches :)

I think the THRAKumentation has been properly done, including PayPal info.

Thanks again for checking this out (unless you haven't ... :x :hihi:)

[e] 30 seconds till I found the first spelling error. I used splel check the whole time! :lol:

Return to “u-he”