Few questions on HG Fortune synths

Official support for: hgf-synthesizer.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recently bought The Tiger and am very happy with it but I am now looking at maybe adding another HG Fortune synth to compliment it.
I've tried Avatar free but I'd just like to know if there is much difference in CPU usage between the free and pro versions of these synths as CPU is very tight on my laptop.
Also, Avatar is quite similar to Tiger in sound at times and I wondered if maybe Swamp or Serenity might be a better option?
Thanks for any advice you can offer.

dexterbella wrote:I recently bought The Tiger and am very happy with it but I am now looking at maybe adding another HG Fortune synth to compliment it.
I've tried Avatar free but I'd just like to know if there is much difference in CPU usage between the free and pro versions of these synths as CPU is very tight on my laptop.
Also, Avatar is quite similar to Tiger in sound at times and I wondered if maybe Swamp or Serenity might be a better option?
Thanks for any advice you can offer.
Well, in fact The Tiger is meant to replace Avatar ST in some way. In order to get some more variety this is mostly up to the kind of music you are doing.
If you are more into ambient then Serenity might be the choice while Ultra Swamp is also more into experimental & seq. sounds.

hth
HG

Thanks for the advice - I think I'll give Swamp a try. Can you confirm if the CPU use between the free version and the pro version is much different?

One last question - I'm also quite taken with The Dreammachine. What's the CPU like on this compared to The Tiger? Also, did I read somewhere that I can get a discount on this as an existing customer? (OK - two questions)

dexterbella wrote:One last question - I'm also quite taken with The Dreammachine. What's the CPU like on this compared to The Tiger?

The Dreammachine is a little more than The Tiger due to the bigger internal complexity. Basically CPU load is dependant on the number of voices used in polyphony.
dexterbella wrote:Also, did I read somewhere that I can get a discount on this as an existing customer? (OK - two questions)
well, it can't be denied that my prices are very moderate and as of discount there are two sales a year via http://www.indiedevcollective.net which offer bargains with up to 50% off. These sales are typically in May and November. Also there are the reduced backlist items which are still great sounding and are a real bargain too. And I've to pay my bills of course.

hth
HG

Fair enough - thanks for the reply. I went ahead and bought UltraSwamp Pro - another great synth!

Return to “HG Fortune”