Sub Tracks

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, When making a second Midi recording with the same instrument with a slight overlap Mulab creates a subtrack.
My question is: Does this sub track count as a track? I have the right to make 8 tracks and when I surpass this number because of sub tracks, I hear a kind of hissing voice at certain intercals during playback.
When I delete the subtracks this hissing or whispering sound disappears, but when closing Mulab, Internet Explorer is started directing me to the MuTools site in order to buy the full version.
I experience this as rather irritating.

Rob

i think you need to buy the software. that could be it, maybe? :oops:

Hi, I don't think so, because I bought the XT version, which gives the right to 8 tracks and Racks.

Rob

Sub-track is just where it's placed.

The noise is explained here:
http://www.mutools.com/mulab/docs/mulab-versions.html

Thanks,
That also answers the question: Is 1 Track and 1 subtrack counted as being two Tracks? What a pity.

Rob

the upgrade aint much really. it a shame you cant come up with a few clams :roll:

It's four weeks' main meals for me at the moment, just to give some perspective to "ain't much". Not everyone has money readily available for non-essentials.

sorry -- you say the difference between xt and pro is equal to about 100 meals? what are you eating, porridge? sorry didnt mean to offend the skint out there... :(

maybe whining about it will make jo lower the price. i think he will be happy to spend an indefinite amount of time working free of charge.

> DiGiT < wrote:sorry -- you say the difference between xt and pro is equal to about 100 meals? what are you eating, porridge? sorry didnt mean to offend the skint out there... :(
If you're a canny shopper, the upgrade price will get you 40 kilos of pasta plus some sauce to eat it with. Easily enough to keep you going for a much more than a month when you're desperate. And yes, porridge is also on the menu regularly.

This time last year I earned a great wage, but times are hard for many of us right now.

cron wrote:This time last year I earned a great wage, but times are hard for many of us right now.
Same here - been out of the job for nearly a year now, after half the department was axed. My college course is until September and then hopefully I'll be able to find another one. I'm lucky we'd managed our finances well, so it's more damage limitation than anything else for me - but it's made me realise how tough life can get after having had it easy for 44 years.

Anyway, it's not about whining, just pointing out that assumptions shouldn't be made about how easily people can find €50.

ah well ill try not to assume so as to avoid offending the poor. btw are you stepping in for the OP or are you the OP? just seemed kinda weird that i was responding to him but got lectured by you. :?

is there nothing you can do to earn money? a year is quite a while to wait idle. i know that where i am, you simply need to be determined to make a living for it to reveal its self as possible. the internet revolution is here! that alone should be all an enterprising person would need to earn 65 euro. in my opinion, that is.

Hi, all.
Guess I started an interesting discussion.!
My reason to buy the XT version was, that I was completely new to this kind of work, being a painter playing piano in his free time.
At 75 I have to be careful where to spend my money and as I generally intended to make quintet or - at most - sextet jazz music I thought 8 tracks would be more than enough for me.
This just to explain my decision for XT.

Rob

As a related point, I would actually like an overlap (or punch in / out) recording mode. It'd be a big time saver for me. I prefer to have related stuff on one track most of the time, and I'm just too crap a musician to do the one long take thing- so I quickly end up with 5 tracks for whichever instrument it is that I'm currently pretending to be able to play.

Are you talking audio or MIDI events?

> DiGiT < wrote:ah well ill try not to assume so as to avoid offending the poor.
Your initial reply to the OP of "i think you need to buy the software. that could be it, maybe?" is downright offensive to anyone, particularly the OP who has bought the software. You're sending out the wrong message.
> DiGiT < wrote:btw are you stepping in for the OP or are you the OP? just seemed kinda weird that i was responding to him but got lectured by you. :?
You're not happy about having your bad behaviour pointed out by someone who's willing to do so and I can understand that. However, someone should do it or you won't realise the issue you are causing to others.
> DiGiT < wrote:is there nothing you can do to earn money?
I don't need to, I have a budget. It doesn't include non-essentials. I would expect this to be the same position for anyone, really, but particularly anyone who has limited funds available. If you're in the lucky position of having unlimited funds available to you, I hope you're making great use of the surplus and that you aren't suddenly in a position without it. It can be a major shock.
> DiGiT < wrote:a year is quite a while to wait idle.
Again, an offensive comment - being generous, I'll assume it is made simply without considering the effect on the recipient. I am working a 48 hour week - 44 hours on college, 4 hours volunteering.
> DiGiT < wrote:i know that where i am, you simply need to be determined to make a living for it to reveal its self as possible. the internet revolution is here! that alone should be all an enterprising person would need to earn 65 euro. in my opinion, that is.
Right now, certainly, I need no further distractions. As I said, once I've got my degree I'm expecting to be back on a decent wage pretty quickly, I hope.

Return to “MUTOOLS”