Again that hissing voice!

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I am using Mulab XT and am limited to 8 tracks.
I have 5 tracks with one drum loop ( import sample loop) track and 4 instrument trecks.
Until then, no problem.
Now I import a second drum loop, making it 6 tracks in total, but now again I am hearing that hissing voice again! Although I have just 6 tracks.
I remove the last drum loop and delete its track and rack.
The voice is gone.
Does Mulab disagree with more than one drum loop?

Rob

this time i will stand aside while someone with thE correct agenda explains away your woes...

> DiGiT < wrote:this time i will stand aside while someone with thE correct agenda explains away your woes...
Ok, I will try...:hihi:

robfigee wrote:Hi, I am using Mulab XT and am limited to 8 tracks.
I have 5 tracks with one drum loop ( import sample loop) track and 4 instrument trecks.
Until then, no problem.
Now I import a second drum loop, making it 6 tracks in total, but now again I am hearing that hissing voice again! Although I have just 6 tracks.
I remove the last drum loop and delete its track and rack.
The voice is gone.
Does Mulab disagree with more than one drum loop?

Rob

Sorry, but I don't understand your logic: You said M4XT is limited to 8 tracks...

Now you tell, that you already use 5 tracks for drums and 4 instrument tracks = 9 tracks in total...
Now you add another 6 tracks, which makes 15 in total and you are wondering about the hissing voice, which is like that, if you use more than the limitation "allows" you...

Perhaps maybe I have misunderstood something here, but I cannot follow you...

If I understood the OP, it's:

5 = 1 (drums) + 4 (instruments)
6 = 1 (new drums) + 5 (see above)

I'm still thinking about what it could be, though.

Note: Since MuLab 4.1, the whispering voice has been replaced by a soft noise.

Hi, that could very well be. I just heard that unwellcome noise.
It is correct that the total of tracks is 6.
The strange thing is: it does not always happen, but I get the impression that my Mulab 4 XT sometimes thinks it is still the free version and when closing the program I.E. starts to invite me to upgrade to XT or UL.
I wonder if there is something wrong with the software or my computer.
I also experience the fact that after saving a session and closing the program ( without save) I get a red allert frame telling me that Mulab will save the session as crashed...Musession.
All very strange.

Rob

robfigee wrote:Hi, that could very well be. I just heard that unwellcome noise.It is correct that the total of tracks is 6.
The conditions for when the noise is triggered are listed here: http://www.mutools.com/mulab/docs/mulab-versions.html

So if you're sure that there is no composition in your MuLab XT session that has more than 8 tracks, then the noise must be triggered by the fact that there is some track using MIDI channels "Per Part".
To check this, right-click the tracks and "Choose MIDI Channel".
The strange thing is: it does not always happen, but I get the impression that my Mulab 4 XT sometimes thinks it is still the free version and when closing the program I.E. starts to invite me to upgrade to XT or UL.
I wonder if there is something wrong with the software or my computer.
I don't think there is a bug in the limit checking.
So i would rather look for the reason at user side, cfr above.
I also experience the fact that after saving a session and closing the program ( without save) I get a red allert frame telling me that Mulab will save the session as crashed...Musession.
Is this a repeatable crash?
If yes what exact steps do i have to take to repeat this?
Is the crash also repeatbale when not using any VST plugins?

NB: I think you also emailed about this, right?
Lets avoid double communication and continue this topic here on the forum.

I do not think it would crash after closing without external VST's
But I do not remember what were the conditions when that crash happened.
I do know it happens with heavy files with VST's like Hypersonic and DSK Brass. But it is not a rule, because another time with the same conditions it does not happen.
It is puzzling.

Rob

If there is no crash when not using VSTs, then i think it's a VST specific prob.
Please check with the manufacturers of those VSTs when it seems to be on the VST plugin's side. If you would find a repeatable pattern, and you're sure the error is on MuLab's side, let me know.

Hi, I just downloaded and installed Mulab 4.18.
Maybe things will go better now, I hope.
Thanks for your help.

Rob
EDIT:
Since I work with this new version most problems seem to have vanished.

Return to “MUTOOLS”