This Night

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

a bit more on-grid than most of my things:

This Night

the text is from Samuel Beckett.

enjoy! :-)

Love the vibe of this beat :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

thanks core. :-)

:love:

this is actually a piece by a friend of mine who's learning how to make out-there dance music, but not so out there that a progressive dj might not want to give it a spin in a club (probably in the back chillout room (if they still exist)).

i like it: it's quirky but doesn't "lose the beat." and i find the vocal track haunting, especially knowing it's beckett.

Trying to fool the Music Cafe cognoscenti?? :x :hihi:

Actually, not having read through the thread before listening to the piece, I was starting to think that you might have recently been working on some heteronyms.
The literary concept of heteronym, invented by Portuguese writer and poet Fernando Pessoa, refers to one or more imaginary character(s) created by a writer to write in different styles. Heteronyms differ from noms de plume (or pseudonyms, from the Greek "False Name") in that the latter are just false names, while the former are characters having their own supposed physiques, biographies and writing styles.
Probably a bit unnecessary in the current eclectic musical environment but it still could be fun, no? :wink:

i've got me plenty of heteronyms. enough for a small (and very strange) record label. but this is truly by a non-me. (as far as i can tell. but i guess i could have DID. how would i know? (which i?))

Heteronyms, hanging out in back rooms. The truth is coming out now. Surely it didn't have to turn out this way :hihi:

I am assured that such rooms do still exist.

I enjoyed this one, with it's dark groove, and ambient decorative touches. Nice work 8)

thanks for listening/commenting guys. i'll pass your comments on to the producer of this track. :-)

:shock:
Not so cheap as it seems
There are many hi-quality details in it.
Cool track, indeed.

Cheers

Return to “Music Cafe”